Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
The Pens look like they are a slow team this year. Look totally different.

Losing Sergei Gonchar (shoulder separation from a David Koci check, surgery, likely out 4-6 months) really hurts their offense and power play, too.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
Losing Sergei Gonchar (shoulder separation from a David Koci check, surgery, likely out 4-6 months) really hurts their offense and power play, too.

Also losing Malone, Roberts, Ruttu and Brasher takes away from their grit. Sidney is going to get checked a lot more this year.

I'm a happy old man today - the Red Wings raise their banner on Versus tonight, then the Hawks start their season tomorrow night and Saturday night!

Throw the Wolves' opener in there and it adds up to:

Ain't s*** gettin' done around the house this weekend!

God DAMN, I love hockey!!!

:headbang

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Hate on Crosby all you want, but he's one hell of a hockey player, and gets targeted and cheap shot-ed by everyone.

He's the man.

Oh, there's no question he's the most offensively gifted player this league has seen since Gretzky (think how he'd score if the rules and ice size were the same as in the 80s), but, not being a Penguins fan, the less he scores, the better.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
I'm a happy old man today - the Red Wings raise their banner on Versus tonight, then the Hawks start their season tomorrow night and Saturday night!

Throw the Wolves' opener in there and it adds up to:

Ain't s*** gettin' done around the house this weekend!

God DAMN, I love hockey!!!

Is it possible for this wings/leafs game to end in a double loss?

I hate both these assclown teams.

Edited by IlliniKrush

It was great to watch hockey tonight for the first time in 5 months.

The Leafs look alright. They're young and they skate pretty well and they're quick. Besides getting beat by Holmstrom, Schenn looks like a good player and will be a great one some day.

The Wangs look old and slow.

Side note: anyone see the warmups the Sharks have? They have some lighting to make the ice look like water and the players look like sharks when they skate around. Pretty neat.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
The Leafs look alright. They're young and they skate pretty well and they're quick. Besides getting beat by Holmstrom, Schenn looks like a good player and will be a great one some day.

The Wangs look old and slow.

The Leafs pressured the Wings really well, which is what I think a lot of teams with big young guys are going to do to them.

I do think the Wings will adjust and make their passes a little more quickly to beat the pressure.

They just didn't do that very well at all last night.

There's something about those long pre-game ceremonies that seems to affect the home team, too - maybe wanting to do too much right out of the gate to impress the crowd, or something.

I wouldn't write the Wings off as a result of last night's game, but the way the Leafs played them should (and will) be noted by other teams.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)

I can't wait, I'm so pumped. Thank God for Center Ice.

Thank God for Rocky Wirtz!!!

I actually told my wife I wanted Dollar Bill to come back to life for one day to see how wrong, stupid, ass-backwards and archaic his retarded "protect the season reservationists" thinking was....and then he could die again the next day....