Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying Seabrook's overrated for a long time. He just doesn't seem to be progressing.

Others bad: Buff (am I the only one that never bought into him?), Sopel, Hendry.

You know what would be a great idea? There's this kid in the minors...what's his name...Barker or something? Maybe he's worth a look..................................

Positives that should be noted: Bolland, love his game, true battler. Johnson has been solid for a 6th dman, in theory. And that really has nothing to do with the fact that he's potted 2 in 2.

Toews needs to score. Soon, and then hope they all just pile in.

Sure, this is a team that would have gotten smoked by this talented team not too long ago, but you still had a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd. Need a better result than that.

And no Habby was not mediocre by any means, that's way too strong.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
He really didn't. I thought Nik played a solid game, and made some huge saves. He got beat by some insanely skilled players.

The give and go between Hossa and Datsyuk was absolutely sick... they made the hawks look like amateurs on that play.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
Others bad: Buff (am I the only one that never bought into him?), Sopel, Hendry.

No, you're not. He lacks a lot of NHL skills. We'll see where he ends up though.

I'm really getting irritated that we signed another goalie for big money only to not play him. I know we're trying to build trade value, but come on!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
No, and he finally made a few notacable plays last night. He has been invisible this whole season. I mentioned it to Ian last night that you noticed him more than once last night. The other guy that has really been invisible is Ladd.

Invisible really is a great word for Ladd. He just hasn't been doing anything of note at all, good or bad.

On another topic, I'm really surprised that Toews hasn't netted one yet. It's going to take some crazy play or lucky bounce, and then before you know it he'll have 5 goals under his belt in no time.

$175 for a non-personalized replica Winter Classic jersey?

$350 for an RBK Edge Winter Classic jersey, no name/number?

No, thanks.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/shop/WCJerseyPreorder.htm

Toews and Kane look younger than ever in that picture - my 8-year-old looks more mature than they do.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
$175 for a non-personalized replica Winter Classic jersey?

$350 for an RBK Edge Winter Classic jersey, no name/number?

No, thanks.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/shop/WCJerseyPreorder.htm

Toews and Kane look younger than ever in that picture - my 8-year-old looks more mature than they do.

I figured a big financial tycoon like yourself would've been good for 3-4 Winter Classic jersey's. :)

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
I figured a big financial tycoon like yourself would've been good for 3-4 Winter Classic jersey's. :)

LOL

Not at 175 bones for a replica, my friend.

I'm still dropping hints to the Mrs that Christmas would be a fine time for a nice red replica.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Hawks are supposedly after Sundin, and the Avalanche supposedly want Khabby.

link

Question:

If the Hawks find no takers for Khabibulin and the Sundin talks get close to a deal, do the Hawks send Khabby down to Rockford to clear cap space?

I say they do, try the recall to see if anyone bites, and if not they just let him play his contract out down there and wave goodbye.

I doubt Ladd will be on the Hawks by the end of the season if things keep going the way they have for him.

I was hoping he'd be getting top 6 minutes, but he isn't, so they obviously don't think that highly of him.

Sopel needs to get it going. Was argubly our 2nd our 3rd best defender last season, this season, he's probably been our worst.

And not a good game for Huet to have a bad one.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)
I doubt Ladd will be on the Hawks by the end of the season if things keep going the way they have for him.

I was hoping he'd be getting top 6 minutes, but he isn't, so they obviously don't think that highly of him.

Sopel needs to get it going. Was argubly our 2nd our 3rd best defender last season, this season, he's probably been our worst.

And not a good game for Huet to have a bad one.

I have been really disappointed in Huet so far this year. I don't know if he just isn't playing well, or if the lack of consistant playing time has something to do with it. I just haven't been impressed. Right now I would be riding Khabi.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 27, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Still waiting for Byfuglien or Ladd to even make an appearance this season.

Sopel has looked awful this season, and that trend continued tonight. On a positive note, at least he is locked up for 2 more years.

I hate Sopel, I think he was terrible last year and even worse this year. The guy has no puck control.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:48 AM)
I have been really disappointed in Huet so far this year. I don't know if he just isn't playing well, or if the lack of consistant playing time has something to do with it. I just haven't been impressed. Right now I would be riding Khabi.

I hope they would play Khabby more because they need him to increase his trade value so we can snag a difference maker to put this team over the top. If Huet starts every game and doesnt have to rotate, I think you'll see a good return.

I think Ottawa is going to be the team that is most likely to make a move for Khabby.

New coach, and Gerber hasn't done well at all.

Would like to have either Fisher or Vermette for Khabbi if the Hawks could pull that one off somehow.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
I think Ottawa is going to be the team that is most likely to make a move for Khabby.

New coach, and Gerber hasn't done well at all.

Would like to have either Fisher or Vermette for Khabbi if the Hawks could pull that one off somehow.

I'd really like to deal him for draft picks (or pick) and the get the salary off of their books so that they have more flexibility for the rest of the season.