Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)
The thing that bothers me about the need for Nylander is... we had Robert Lang, who imo is exactly what this team is missing.

I said it when we made the move I didn't understand it. Of course, i was one of 2 Lang backers out there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
When Buff leaves, the toughness on this team takes a s***.

They really need to get rid of Craig Adams for an enforcer then.

That was a HORRIBLE move by Tallon acquiring C. Adams last season, when he's nothing more than a 4th liner at best, and he had 1 extra year on his deal.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
They really need to get rid of Craig Adams for an enforcer then.

That was a HORRIBLE move by Tallon acquiring C. Adams last season, when he's nothing more than a 4th liner at best, and he had 1 extra year on his deal.

Yup, he is basically wasting space. It would be nice if we had some internal options, but I would really like a bigger defenseman to come in and contribute. I am also under the opinion that getting rid of Sopel is addition by subtraction.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)

See I don't see Bubba as a tough player, yes he has ability to absolutely annihilate people... but its not a consistent part of his game.

Maybe its partly because he's never found a real defined role on this team, but he's just not consistently reliable in any aspect of his game... when you couple that with his below average skating ability, he's not that valuable.

When you have Ben Eager out there, he is consistently flying down on the forecheck and causing havoc in the offensive zone... he's not the heavy weight that Buff is, but i'd rather have him laying the body than buff because he has integrated that part of his game more so than Buff

I'll go on record saying this team would not miss Byfuglien much, if at all. He's not tough, he's just big. With big comes slow. Aside from a few hits here and there, his actually "toughness" can be related to Eric Daze. He's big, but that doesn't mean hes tough.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
It would be interesting to see what the Hawks would be doing if MCD had not have been hired.

Better attendance, but not near the attendance levels they are at currently. It's one thing to put games on television, but MCD and his crew have really revived the brand. If Hawks relied on the people they had before MCD... things wouldn't have improved this drastically.

Kane and Toews obviously have had an effect too, but MCD is making them household names in Chicago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)

He doesn't finish half his hits. Once in a while he runs into a guy, then disappears for another week.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
Oh, I've noticed the attendance, you cant drive down my street anymore on game nights. Frankly the new breed of fans are a bit annoying. But its good for the team, so im all for it.

They are beyond annoying, especially the lower you go in the arena.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)

I'm not sure if I like Versteeg more or less. I think more.

For sure more, that is great. We all know the words to stupid ass songs like that, the fact he's willing to admit it and actually sing (or whatever you would call that) it on youtube is great.

Edited by whitesoxfan101