Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)
It really blows. Everyone is home from school, and were trying to get tickets, and really can't. With winning come crowds, so I'll gladly take the large crowds, it just sucks not being able to go to a game when we want.

At least they are on TV!

Hockey looks so much better in HD.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 05:41 PM)
Never thought I'd see the day that the Hawks were the best team in this city by a wide margin.

Hard to believe 2 years ago I was only paying ticketfast fees and taxes for free tickets for this team. They are now dominant and selling out every game. Such an amazing turn around.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
3-0 Hawks on the Havlat score. That was beautiful hockey right there. How many games in a row have we made the road crowd boo?

In a way, that's got to be even more satisfying than making your home crowd go nuts.

To be so dominant that the other team's fans can't stand it? Awesome.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
Hard to believe 2 years ago I was only paying ticketfast fees and taxes for free tickets for this team. They are now dominant and selling out every game. Such an amazing turn around.

I heard 2 years ago the Hawks had to borrow money from the Wirtz Corp. to make payroll. Glad they did'nt fold.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)

Yep, the only highlight of that horrible down period was getting 9th row seats off the glass for $6.78 total cost including the cost of printing the tickets.