Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some lucky f***er walked out of the UC a millionaire last night.

The Illinois State Lottery has this promotion with the Hawks - if a Hawk scores at 10:00 exactly of the 2nd period, they pick a random fan to win a million.

Havlat's goal came at 10:00 exactly of the second period.

I think they said the fan was in section 326, but I could be wrong about that.

They said the fan will be announced before Wednesday's game (whoever it is was notified last night at the game, though).

Not a bad deal at all, huh....see a Hawk game, grab a million bucks....

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 02:36 AM)

The Illinois State Lottery has this promotion with the Hawks - if a Hawk scores at 10:00 exactly of the 2nd period, they pick a random fan to win a million.

They said the fan will be announced before Wednesday's game (whoever it is was notified last night at the game, though).

Last game vs Buffalo is when it started. I made fun of the promotion then and yesterday saying that the chances were slim to none, similar to what the real lottery is.

Yesterday, hen the faceoff happened right outside the Wild zone at 10:11, my brother goes "It might happen here". When Johnson cleared it around the boards, I thought "Nope, not today". Sure enough, Havlat puts it in, I look up, 10:00. It was f***ing incredible.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 02:36 AM)

LOL a friend of mine from work went to the game last night and was in section 300 something and he isnt here at work today. That son of a b**** better not have won.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
the power play has really been struggling the last few games

All of our special teams has been down a bit. I understand that Q wants to shuffle the lines to get some energy, but I think he may be tweaking too much. Also it really shows what losing keith does to this team.

The kids have definitely hit the wall. I'm not saying they won't burst through it, I think they will, but help is still needed on the offensive front.

I think we need to put this on DT to get a legit goal scorer in here. A guy I really think would look good would be Keith Tkachuk, who flies around the ice like no other STILL.

Another aged option would include be Bill Guerin.

OR, you sell a nice crop of farm talent and a pick and go after Kovalchuk, IF you can figure out how to keep him, Kane, and Toews together for eternity.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Ridiculously good looks. The luck will come back, but I still think DT should be proactive and add another goal-scorer.

The problem is that he has something like $300-$400k under the salary cap to work with. It would have to be a dollar nuetral deal, so just giving up prospects won't work.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Ridiculously good looks. The luck will come back, but I still think DT should be proactive and add another goal-scorer.

The problem is that he has something like $300-$400k under the salary cap to work with. It would have to be a dollar nuetral deal, so just giving up prospects won't work.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)

I'm of the mind that one of our goaltenders is worth more to us (Khabibulin) as a trade chip than as a time share.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm of the mind that one of our goaltenders is worth more to us (Khabibulin) as a trade chip than as a time share.

I agree. I actually think we are weak defensively right now without Keith which would be nice to bolster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)

You'd still need a trade partner that makes sense, and I don't see anyone in contention, with a veteran they need to move who would fit the Hawks' needs, whose starting goalie has been inefficient or injured.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
I posted that while watching the breakaway competition.

Huh? You said "All-Star Game" and you posted it this morning. Even if you were on some weird schedule where you watch your DVR at 6 something in the morning, that's still weird timing and you probably shouldn't expect people to know what you're talking about!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Huh? You said "All-Star Game" and you posted it this morning. Even if you were on some weird schedule where you watch your DVR at 6 something in the morning, that's still weird timing and you probably shouldn't expect people to know what you're talking about!

Sorry, insomnia and DVR. I expect everyone to know my inner thoughts after this many years on here. Im not quite onto the actual game yet.

Edited by RockRaines