Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and you fools all laughed when I called Hawks in 6.

We're going to play the Red Wings. No way the queer Ducks beat them. It'll be a damn battle, but once again, Hawks will win in 6, and they will play the Caps in a 5 game series and win the Stanley Cup.

Please God, GO HAWKS!!!

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:40 AM)
I thought it was "Detroit Sucks".

Of course everyone in Michigan thinks they heard "We Want The Ducks" and needed to post it on facebook. I f***ing hate that state.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
...and you fools all laughed when I called Hawks in 6.

We're going to play the Red Wings. No way the queer Ducks beat them. It'll be a damn battle, but once again, Hawks will win in 6, and they will play the Caps in a 5 game series and win the Stanley Cup.

Please God, GO HAWKS!!!

I said months ago that we could beat any team outside of San Jose, Detroit, or Boston. Now the boys need to prove me wrong.

DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS!

and did I mention DETROIT SUCKS!

QUOTE (NIUSox @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:49 AM)
DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS! DETROIT SUCKS!

and did I mention DETROIT SUCKS!

DETROIT SUCKS!

Go Hawks!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:16 AM)
Let me reiterate, that I REALLY REALLY hate Red Wings fans. Ugh.

My roommate is from Detroit. It sucks, but every time he talks s*** I just bring up the Lions and the fact that he lives in Detroit.

I really am hating how the blackhawks have a huge following now. It's almost like they are the Cubs or something. I had maybe met like 2 blackhawks fans in my life until this year. Now everyone loves hockey. It's great for the true fans, but people that are jumping on the bandwagon make me want to rip my hair out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Kap, it is still weird to see Torch involved in putting a team a series away from the Stanley Cup finals, but I will take it!

HELL YEAH, BRING ON DETROIT b****ES!!!! FINAL f***ING FOUR!!!!

Yes, I kept thinking that every time I'd see Torchetti behind the bench. Duds still has a big role with the team as well.

Like I said, I'd MUCH rather watch Chicago play Detroit then Vancouver play Detroit. At least Chicago will make it fun to watch. And as bad as I hate Detroit in anything, I want to see the Hawks spank the wheel right off their f***ing jerseys.

I'm just disappointed for Hordi because this is the best team he's played on and he played a pretty good role in this series. He's finally stepped up in the playoffs, which was good to see.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
I really am hating how the blackhawks have a huge following now. It's almost like they are the Cubs or something. I had maybe met like 2 blackhawks fans in my life until this year. Now everyone loves hockey. It's great for the true fans, but people that are jumping on the bandwagon make me want to rip my hair out.

I know what what you're saying and I agree somewhat. I felt much the same way when the Bulls became popular because of Jordan. Back in the pre-Jordan days when the Bulls sucked me and my dad used to go to games with no ticket bought in advance and end up getting pretty good seats. Sellouts were real rare. Along comes Jordan and you could hardly get a ticket. But it's good for the game and for the franchise. Same way with the Blackhawks. There was little interest in them any more except for the hardcore fan. Me, I was a big fan back in the Hull and Mikita days but lost all interest in them in the early 80's. My interest has been rekindeled this year.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:26 AM)

It's kind of a unique situation. I was a pretty huge Blackhawks fan up until the strike. I used to watch them in the Amonte/Nylander/Zhamnov/Thibault/Daze days and it was rough. Then I got older and the Hawks sucked, they weren't on TV, and the NHL was losing the greats that lured me in (Patrick Roy, Raymond Bourque) and my interest waned. Since the day the Hawks drafted Kane, my interest has gone up and up, and now being able to watch them on TV every game really makes it easier to be a fan again. There is a lot to be excited about.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)

I see it different with the Hawks. The way Bill Wirtz handled the organization alienated many potential fans. Now the Hawks are on TV, have a nice young core and are winning. So many variables should make this hawk's situation unique.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:42 AM)
It's kind of a unique situation. I was a pretty huge Blackhawks fan up until the strike. I used to watch them in the Amonte/Nylander/Zhamnov/Thibault/Daze days and it was rough. Then I got older and the Hawks sucked, they weren't on TV, and the NHL was losing the greats that lured me in (Patrick Roy, Raymond Bourque) and my interest waned. Since the day the Hawks drafted Kane, my interest has gone up and up, and now being able to watch them on TV every game really makes it easier to be a fan again. There is a lot to be excited about.

lol on having similar posts