Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will someone...anyone...push Holmstrom away from the net. Just get a body on him. Don't have to cross-check him, just push him around a little. And if the 'hawks can just stay in this series, I think the longer it goes, the more the younger legs can tire out the older Wings.

Of course, I could be full of s***.

Like I said all season, we just aren't in Detroit's league yet. Nothing wrong with what we have done this season, we just aren't Stanley Cup good yet. This series will be good for them as they are learning even more that sometimes you need even more than 60 complete minutes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Like I said all season, we just aren't in Detroit's league yet. Nothing wrong with what we have done this season, we just aren't Stanley Cup good yet. This series will be good for them as they are learning even more that sometimes you need even more than 60 complete minutes.

I don't buy it. Anaheim was so close to knocking off mighty Detroit.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)

Anaheim is not a #8 seed either.

A lot of this is match ups, and we do not match up with Detroit. We can't out physical them, and we can't out speed them.

Ugh, ridicilous steal at the end now that I've watched it again. Its those breaks and bonehead plays that are going to keep us behind the wings. And I am not sure what game the players saw saying they could of won 6-2. It appeared to me like the Det defense kept us out of the middle all day and we were throwing half ass wish shots towards the net while the Wings had clear looks all day. Our defense is completely being outplayed in this series.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 19, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)

Anaheim was the perfect matchup for Detroit and in general is a team that is built very well for the playoffs. They are a big physical hockey team that can really give Detroit problems. Chicago on the other hand is a skilled team going up against the most skilled team in the league.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
Anaheim is not a #8 seed either.

A lot of this is match ups, and we do not match up with Detroit. We can't out physical them, and we can't out speed them.

Anaheim got a lot better when they gave Hiller the nod.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Anaheim was the perfect matchup for Detroit and in general is a team that is built very well for the playoffs. They are a big physical hockey team that can really give Detroit problems. Chicago on the other hand is a skilled team going up against the most skilled team in the league.

Yup, with 2 top tier D men as well. Something we are SUPPOSED to have.