Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, since I am pretty new with the hawks besides knowing basic stuff, I have a few questions....

What is the deal with Huet?

Was he not a big time signing a year ago? In the past, what tier of goalies would you put him in when he was at the top of his game.

Is there a chance Khabi will be put back on waivers after this year? If yes, any chance anyone picks him up?

and Patrick Sharp. The stats suggest he is not that great, but he seems to be all over the place. What is the verdict on him?

Thanks

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
ok, since I am pretty new with the hawks besides knowing basic stuff, I have a few questions....

What is the deal with Huet?

Was he not a big time signing a year ago? In the past, what tier of goalies would you put him in when he was at the top of his game.

Is there a chance Khabi will be put back on waivers after this year? If yes, any chance anyone picks him up?

and Patrick Sharp. The stats suggest he is not that great, but he seems to be all over the place. What is the verdict on him?

Thanks

Huet was going to be the Hawks starter. They waived Khabi but no one wanted his contract. Khabi is a free agent after this season is over, and is pretty much out of Chicago because of future salary cap considerations.

Sharp has improve tons since he got here. He never worked out in Philly, but he has a ton of talent. Not only is he a skilled offensive player, but he is a great PK guy.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 24, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
If the Blackhawks can tie it up today,they'll have a legit shot at beating the Red Wings in this series...man oh man,gonna be a great game today,Go Hawks!!!

This will definitely be a huge game in how this series plays out, missing Havlat and Bulin, if Blackhawks win today got the momentum of 2 in a row and possibly the lineup boost with both those guys returning for game 5.

I was sickened by the Hawks' lack of poise and focus today.

It was so much more important to them to "send messages" than it was to try to win the game.

Kris Versteeg was a moron today.

The most glaring message this game sent is how important Nikolai Khabibulin is to this team.

I fear for the future if the goaltending tandem is Cristobal Huet and a kid backup.