Karma can be a b****....

juddling

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
Michael Barret

Maybe it's payback for the fight he started with AJ...maybe it's just one of those things. Looks like it caught him in the forehead not in the nose so he should be ok

I think payback came a bit late there...but it's all worth it.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
Michael Barret

Maybe it's payback for the fight he started with AJ...maybe it's just one of those things. Looks like it caught him in the forehead not in the nose so he should be ok

Had a soccer player one time collide heads with another player. It was his forehead and when I went to palpate it, it moved like when you push on a ballon. It was one of the more creepy injuries, I've felt. The guy ended up getting a metal screen implanted in his forehead because the bone shattered into too many pieces. He also walked a little crooked after the injury. (just kidding about the last part)

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
Had a soccer player one time collide heads with another player. It was his forehead and when I went to palpate it, it moved like when you push on a ballon. It was one of the more creepy injuries, I've felt. The guy ended up getting a metal screen implanted in his forehead because the bone shattered into too many pieces. He also walked a little crooked after the injury. (just kidding about the last part)

Wow...

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)

I nearly majored in sports medicine as an undergrad. Hearing stuff like that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lasted that long. :(

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
You've made some pretty damn good posts since you've joined Soxtalk. Unfortunately, this one is crap.

Michael Barrett represents all that is wrong with the world. I suppose watching other people in agony and enjoying it is plain wrong, but come on...it's Michael Barrett.

If you are somebody that believes karma reciprocates itself in the form of an injury, that Barrett was the recipiant of such late in the 2006 injury when he suffered intrascrotal hematoma, which is basically a ruptured testicle. A broken nose on a foul ball to the face sucks, but season ending surgery to fix ruptured balls is far worse.

Ya know...I'll always have an issue with Michael Barrett...but seeing that...I don't wish that on anybody. You don't want to wish intentional harm on anybody...but that's just my 2¢. I think if anybody actually talked to Michael Barrett...I bet he wished he had that split second decision back when he cheap-shotted AJ.