A's @ Sox

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
4-1 A's now...just a mediocre performance by Buehrle. Mark Ellis has looked horrible this series, I'm not sure why you put him on.

Nothing mediocre about it; it was down right poor. Oakland is a bad hitting team.

Greg Smith and Harden are going to be tough. I have not heard anything about the Harden dead arm?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
Nothing mediocre about it; it was down right poor. Oakland is a bad hitting team.

Greg Smith and Harden are going to be tough. I have not heard anything about the Harden dead arm?

If our offense doesnt wake up we could get swept out of our home park.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 12:44 AM)
Our on again/off again offense is off again. Hopefully they can figure out how to hit again soon.

OC is such a catalyst. Also, I'll be happy if we don't play for one run in the 5th inning ever again.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
If our offense doesnt wake up we could get swept out of our home park.

Well, I don't think it's going to wake up tomorrow against Cy Smith. Unless Harden's arm is about to fall off, I don't think it's going to happen against him either. Floyd and Danks have to be really good for us to win.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
OC is such a catalyst. Also, I'll be happy if we don't play for one run in the 5th inning ever again.

Blanton has been terrible this year. We have this skill of making pitchers look better with the invisible offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
It's like you guys are surprised by this. We've been good one week, bad another for 2 months.

We have the second best run differential and the 3rd or 4th best record in the majors. What the f*** are you talking about.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
3 nights ago, I had faith we'd win that game off Borowski. 2 nights ago, after Line gave up the HR to Sizemore, I had faith that we'd win- so much so that I called the AJ walk off HR. Today, I have no faith we'll win.

Its amazing, we cant hit their pitching with our "offense" at home, yet on the road, the As can hit our good pitching.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 12:55 AM)
We have the second best run differential and the 3rd or 4th best record in the majors. What the f*** are you talking about.

you know, like, when you actually watch the season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
you know, like, when you actually watch the season.

And you are saying we've been good for one week and bad for 2 months? I say again, what the f*** are you talking about.

Have we lucked our way into the 4th fewest losses in the majors? I mean, wtf is wrong with you?!

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)

In 2004 at the same date we had the 2nd best run differential with a +68. That was the epitome of on again, off again offense.