C.C. Sabathia

Brian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Prince a FA after the year? I wonder if Melvin will pony up the cash for CC and Prince (if that's even possible). Fielder will probably get 10 per and CC will probably get anywhere from 14-19 per.

??? Fielder has only had what, 2 1/2 seasons in the pros? Unless there was some weird deal when he was drafted, he is under the Brewers control for another 3-4 years.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
Is that some sort of argument that Braun is decent in LF?

No, but he hasn't made an error. Bash his fielding all you want, but no errors says something.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
??? Fielder has only had what, 2 1/2 seasons in the pros? Unless there was some weird deal when he was drafted, he is under the Brewers control for another 3-4 years.

He was drafted in 2002.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
What does that have to do with his contract?

Prince will be a free agent in 2012. However, the Brewers will lock him up before then.

Ease up. I thought Olney said that it will be tough locking up Prince and CC both long term due to Prince's contract is up soon.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 05:30 PM)
when is Fielder arb. eligible? that might cost the Brewers a few sacks of cash

soon...i think beginning next year

im sure the brewers won't trade fielder if they deal laporta...the whole notion that htey would trade fielder was because they could get value before he gets too fat, and that they could plug laporta into that spot and hopefully get production somewhat near fielders....but if they deal laporta, id bet theyd hang on to fielder

Edited by daa84