For Michigan Fans

I am curious how many Michigan fans there are on this board.

I am thinking about making game threads during the season, but if there are not many michigan fans here it would be kinda pointless.

CW, you are the only other Mich fan I know of, do you know of any good Michigan boards?

Hail_yes.jpg

I have never found a good Michigan site like this - when I get home I can post to you the yahoo list I belong that needs new members badly because the people there post way, way too seldom

I am going to at least 3, maybe 4 games, at the Big house including OSU's loss to us this year

I have always been curious if there are other M fans here too

And just for Soxheads: this is a real football stadium :lol: :headbang :bringit

michstadium.jpg

I will gladly go to your Yahoo group, I am going to 3 or 4 games this year too. My dad got season tix, but is giving some away to My bro, and my uncle

That puny little Stadium Soxheads shows off is nothing compared to the big house.

I just have to put my 2 cents in as I go to Michigan State. Spartan Stadium is quite a nice stadium, and we hold the record for the most fans ever at a Hockey game, I happened to be there. I was also at the last game that UM was at MSU for football, with Duckett's last second winning catch. I didn't get season tickets this year though, so I won't be goin to the game again. Oh well.

GO SPARTANS :D

I just have to put my 2 cents in as I go to Michigan State.  Spartan Stadium is quite a nice stadium, and we hold the record for the most fans ever at a Hockey game, I happened to be there.  I was also at the last game that UM was at MSU for football, with Duckett's last second winning catch.  I didn't get season tickets this year though, so I won't be goin to the game again.  Oh well.

GO SPARTANS  :D

last football game: 49-0

and you want to talk about 2001 and the amazing clock? :o or the failure to call a penalty? :o there was a reason they changed the rules after that game

the record for home hockey attendance is shared by both of us - it was at your place but it took the fans of both schools to do it - we should be proud of that, no other 2 schools could ever dream of drawing like that - it was fitting was a 3-3 tie

I wish you guys luck in setting the b-ball record with Kentucky - I think its great to do stuff like that - of course you know who holds all the attendance records in football -

regarding basketball, it is a damned shame that Izzo is the real thing

;) but after this last season (oh, who won that game... :headbang ) I think Amaker might be the real thing too - it would be great if it were so - it would help both schools raise their levels a notch more

do you ever wonder that if MSU had waited to hire for a few more weeks, that Mariucci would have gone to MSU rather than the Lions? That much closer to his best bud - that would have made a better story at any rate, the two yoopers reunited -

I live about an hour NE of Lansing - this is the state I chose to live in - are you a Michigander - if not, how'd you get to MSU, if you are, why a Sox fan? Just curious in everyone's story. I am from Chicago originanlly myself but I will live and die in Michigan, my Michigan

anyway, Go Blue!

who cares about attendance records when your team finishes fourteen straight years in the top 5, including two national titles, and two heisman winners.

FSU owns you all.

actually FSU only owned in the mid to late 90's, and in 2000. Since they have not owned anything, not even there own state (miami owns that). Michigan also has more wins than any other program, and the second highest winning %, so FSU can blow me.

As for the Spartans, in that game 2 years ago Jackson really cost us the game with the face mask penalty. I flipped a s*** when he did that.

who cares about attendance records when your team finishes fourteen straight years in the top 5, including two national titles, and two heisman winners.

FSU owns you all.

actually FSU only owned in the mid to late 90's, and in 2000. Since they have not owned anything, not even there own state (miami owns that). Michigan also has more wins than any other program, and the second highest winning %, so FSU can blow me.

As for the Spartans, in that game 2 years ago Jackson really cost us the game with the face mask penalty. I flipped a s*** when he did that.

actually 1993 was not in the mid to late nineties. they owned the whole decade of the 90's. they raised the bar, and the last couple years have been tough, but they have been to 3 of the first 5 BCS championship games. and i dunno if you noticed but they did win their conference last year. did michigan? oh sorry. was michigan in a bcs bowl? oh, sorry again.

i think michigan is the school doing the blowing.

FSU owns you all.

FSU?

Ferris State?

oh, you mean Florida State.

1549 stated it better than I can -

but I might add not only does Michigan have the best winning % in history and we are right there for all time wins in history -

but we are actually a school too - a real university - in everyone's top 10 undergrad (usually top 5) and everyone's top 5 law school and no one has ever sued to go to FSU - although people have taken money under the table to go there -

our last two Heisman trophy winners are playing in the NFL, one a Super Bowl MVP, and our first Heisman trophy winner is one of the legends of the game

college football history has been made and is still made at Michigan - and Michigan 1997 season and OSU 2002 season say a bit about the Big 10 that is usually overlooked -

and before you start about 1997 season, remember that we played two schools Nebraska played and we beat both by much bigger scores - we crushed Colorado while they slipped by them by 3 - if it weren't for crying husker queen football players on tv to "give it to coach" (how pathetic, Michigan does not beg) and CBS trying to hype their meaningless game, the undisputed title was ours -

we stuck it to the last floridas school we played and if FSU wasn't whoring itself for money by changing conferances we might have a chance to play again

(by the way, the grandparents of one of your Heisman trophy winners lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan really nice people, and I was glad for them when their kid won)

Go Blue!

by the way UM and FSU have played twice, it is 1-1*, so don't be throwing "owned" s*** at us -

save that for Duke who, you lust to play and Conneticut who you have impressed us by beating when you weren't playing Rutgers

*1986 and 1991

we stuck it to the last floridas school we played and if FSU wasn't whoring itself for money by changing conferances we might have a chance to play again

(by the way, the grandparents of one of your Heisman trophy winners lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan really nice people, and I was glad for them when their kid won)

Go Blue!

if you are talking about the gheyyyyyyyyyytors then im glad you beat them. i f***ing hate the gators, more than every other team in college football, or any other sport. more than the twins, cubs, royals, indians, tigers, nets, cowboys, ALL OF THEM. COMBINED.

secondly, FSU is not whoring itself for money by changing conferences, Miami is. The Hurricanes, not the Seminoles. I can see you pay close attention to college football.

thirdly, michigan won a great deal of its games in the first of the twentieth half-century. the game is a lot more intense now, there is much more parity, which makes it even more admirable the high level that FSU has maintained for the last decade and a half.

additionally, you are one to talk about money being paid under the table. who's basketball program is on 3 1/2 years probation? oh yeah, michigan's. who just lost scholarships? oh yeah, michigan. "This is one of the most egregious violations of NCAA laws in the history of the organization ," NCAA Committee on Infractions chairman Thomas Yeager said. "The reputation of the university, the student-athletes and the coach as a result of the basketball team's accomplishments from 1992 through 1998 were a sham." Is that how people talk about a real university? News to me.

and finally, some people can't take a joke. "FSU owns all you" was obviously a serious declaration to the world, throwing down the verbal gauntlet, challenging any and all comers to, in the words of George W, "Bring 'em on." Try and defeat me in a pissing contest about college football. That, or understand that it was just my own two garnet and gold cents.

by the way UM and FSU have played twice, it is 1-1*, so don't be throwing "owned" s*** at us -

save that for Duke who, you lust to play and Conneticut who you have impressed us by beating when you weren't playing Rutgers

*1986 and 1991

and our record against the conferance you just johned:

14-6-1 against the Big East

against the whore conferance you go to

18-3 against the AAC

your record is against people we dominate

again, you are confusing FSU and miami. but that's alright, it tells me all i need to know. btw, FSU plays in the ACC, not the AAC.

Miami - FSU I'll grant you - you all look us to us - I did screw that with my fingers slipping on the ACC AAC thing - I am doing a lot tonight and just screwed that -

but the rest stands

and G W Bush as a role model for trash talk?

:lol:

not an academic success, and not much of a success in any thing else - unless you count our capture of bin laden, hussein, and all those womd - :lol:

(the games against FSU were fun and I wish the schools would schedule each other again)

(but you ignore the nice things tossed out... hell, I have been with the family of an FSU heisman trophy winner when they got the word - have you????????)

Miami - FSU I'll grant you - you all look us to us - I did screw that with my fingers slipping on the ACC AAC thing - I am doing a lot tonight and just screwed that -

but the rest stands

and G W Bush as a role model for trash talk? 

:lol:

not an academic success, and not much of a success in any thing else - unless you count our capture of bin laden, hussein, and all those womd -  :lol:

(the games against FSU were fun and I wish the schools would schedule each other again)

(but you ignore the nice things tossed out... hell, I have been with the family of an FSU heisman trophy winner when they got the word - have you????????)

i used GW's quote because it was said recently, and since i was saying it sarcastically it wasn't like i was really using him as a role model.

i have little left to say, but if you like i can talk about the things i left out before

"our last two Heisman trophy winners are playing in the NFL, one a Super Bowl MVP, and our first Heisman trophy winner is one of the legends of the game"

one of ours is in the nfl, the other is in the nba. we had this year's super bowl mvp, dexter jackson. also derrick brooks (one of the best linebackers in the game), and brad johnson, the winning qb from that same team. one of the greatest wide recievers ever (fred biletnikoff) went to FSU, also deion sanders, one of the best cornerbacks ever.

"college football history has been made and is still made at Michigan - and Michigan 1997 season and OSU 2002 season say a bit about the Big 10 that is usually overlooked -"

and fsu won titles in 1993 and 1999, the acc gets overlooked in football as much as anyone.

christ i find myself defending fsu in an inane argument. i was never saying michigan wasn't one of the best programs in college football, it was only when 1549 came after me that i started having to show just how equal the two programs are. im not an idiot, i know my s*** when it comes to college football, and i know michigan and florida state are two of the best programs out there. and i also know that IT WAS NOT f***ING PASS INTERFERENCE ON MIAMI IN THE FIESTA BOWL. GODDAMIT TERRY PORTER MAYBE YOU WANT TO PICK UP THE FLAG NOW SIX MONTHS LATER?

no doubt fsu has been screwed by some calls -

one of my best buddies - a cubs fan by the way - is a big time fsu fan - we've been having fun with that for years -

when it comes to college football, fsu fans are a far better conversational folks than miami and nd - those schools are arrogant beyond belief - one reason i was so damn glad to see osu beat miami last january - and spurrier killed me on florida too so when those teams all play each other fsu is always my choice

but that bowden son who does the tv thing is annoying beyond endurance

it would be good to see two storied schools play again, at Michigan we like that thing - they should schedule a home and home again -

no doubt fsu has been screwed by some calls -

one of my best buddies - a cubs fan by the way - is a big time fsu fan - we've been having fun with that for years -

when it comes to college football, fsu fans are a far better conversational folks than miami and nd - those schools are arrogant beyond belief - one reason i was so damn glad to see osu beat miami last january - and spurrier killed me on florida too so when those teams all play each other fsu is always my choice

but that bowden son who does the tv thing is annoying beyond endurance

it would be good to see two storied schools play again, at Michigan we like that thing - they should schedule a home and home again -

notre dame is as arrogant as they come, touchdown jesus and golden domers and we don't need a conference blah blah blah. can't stand em. miami i should hate, god knows there have been enough agonizing losses (when bettia missed the field goal last year, i felt like i had been shot through the heart. i wandered around town for three hours in the rain, i changed my homepage off of espn.com, i didn't watch anything involving sports for at least a week, which is a lot for me. but i digress.), but when it comes to miami and fsu, i mean i know they're arrogant and such--with the warren sapp and edgerrin james types--but there is a sort of mutual respect. they are on the other side of the state, they kinda do their own thing. i was rooting for them last year too because i hate the f***eyes. but now that miami is in the ACC i will soon hate them as much, or more than florida (if that's possible, which I'm not sure it is).

florida, as i explained a little before, can't stand them. ugh, everything about them i hate with a passion. spurrier was my nemesis for so many years in gainesville, then he moved on to become my nemesis in dc (giants fan). still love every time he fails, the visor throwing, the funny faces, the screaming at the quarterback...he is so overrated. also, the supposedly "intimidating" swamp has been no trouble for opposing teams lately.

:fyou gators.

I actually am from IL, and ended up at MSU because I wanted to go to a Big 10 school, and didn't get accepted to Illinois, And I don't like Wisconsin, or UM at the time.

Yeah, I know that record was both teams involved, but it made it better since it was in East Lansing. It was a great played game.

About that clock call, I hear everyone from UM complain about that, but the fact remains, they should never have gotten there in the first place. UM had the face mask call, and the 12 men on the field to keep that final drive alive. Without those 2 calls, the phantom clock would never have happened.

I don't think Marriuchi would have come to MSU, he is a professional coach, and wanted to stay in teh NFL. But yes it would have been nice, at least Bobby is gone, thankfully.

Izzo is the real deal, unfortunately we have been unfortunate in losing players early in their career, Jason Richardson, Zach Randolph, Marcus Taylor. With them, they would have been a lock this year to win the NCAA Tournament. And unfortunately we lost Lorbek because he signed an agent this year.

Amaker is a good coach, its just unfortunate about what happened with the paying of players in the 90's that they won't be able to compete. I still feel they will get a big penalty handed down, its only a matter of time.

Go Spartans.

1. It was a great played game.

2. About that clock call <clip> Without those 2 calls, the phantom clock would never have happened.

3. I don't think Marriuchi would have come to MSU, he is a professional coach,

4.  unfortunately we have been unfortunate in losing players early in their career,

5. ts just unfortunate about what happened with the paying of players in the 90's that they won't be able to compete.  I still feel they will get a big penalty handed down, its only a matter of time.

1. true

2. true but I don't want to hear it - it was a very painful 2.5 minutes for me - rather just blame the clock rather than the mistakes me made that well very grievous

3. I wish you had kept Bobby - and I think mariucci might have for Izzo's sake - I worried about that the moment Bobby was fired

4. everyone is these days - it sucks

5. it wasn't anything than a program out of control and almsot UM fans I know including myself are angry that our program was out of control - i coul;d go on for hours about that - there was no excuse for letting the program be in that shape - hell, the moment Mateen Cleeves was (an innocent part) in the accident, every the most willfully blind could see that something was wrong - and if the program were run right, Mateen might have played for us and not you - yet we did nothing for several more years - no excuse - at UM the only way to do it is to do it right - I don't think there will additional penalty -

I actually am from IL, and ended up at MSU because I wanted to go to a Big 10 school, and didn't get accepted to Illinois,

that was luck by the way - you know how we fell about MSU and OSU but trust me, the school we hold in special contempt is Illinois - long story there about those arrogant assholes - in 2000 I went to Champaign to get revenge for the 1999 game - and the only time I ever felt afraid, really afraid in the stands - after the game a group of maybe 100 of us in maize and blue stood together in the end zone for a little while while the illini "fans" left - in self protection -

MSU and OSU are rivals, Illinois is the most classless school ever, with the most classless program and fans -

one of my very good friends, the son of one of my very best friends, is an illini grad - but God forgives... :lol:

If i knew how to post pics, i'd put up a nice one of KORDELL STEWART and Notre Dame stadium, the best football field in all the land (where players don't look like ants)

Hey cwsox, how'd you guys do against my Irish last year? Boo...ya

Most national championships AND Heisman winners, nothing more to say.

I don't mind Illinois, I have a lot of friends that go there actually. But I did luck out in the case, that the campus sucks. I went down tehre my senior year of HS to see a football game, and from what i saw, it was mainly buildings and roads. MSU campus is very nice. Tons of trees, little farm area, 2 golf courses on campus. Can't complain.

I never knew Mateen was thinking about UM. I always thought that he was another guy out of Flint that wanted to keep that tradition goin, you know, the Flint Stones. But I didnt know much about their athletic program until I started goin there, which was the year after we won it all, so mateen and Mo Pete were gone.

Oh and Koch This, are you a fan of Kordell? if so, I hope he doesn't suck up the joint this year. I was pissed when the Bears signed him. I'm just hopeful that he returns to his MVP calaber days.

I don't mind Illinois, I have a lot of friends that go there actually.  But I did luck out in the case, that the campus sucks.  I went down tehre my senior year of HS to see a football game, and from what i saw, it was mainly buildings and roads.  MSU campus is very nice.  Tons of trees, little farm area, 2 golf courses on campus.  Can't complain.

I never knew Mateen was thinking about UM.  I always thought that he was another guy out of Flint that wanted to keep that tradition goin, you know, the Flint Stones.  But I didnt know much about their athletic program until I started goin there, which was the year after we won it all, so mateen and Mo Pete were gone.

Oh and Koch This, are you a fan of Kordell? if so, I hope he doesn't suck up the joint this year.  I was pissed when the Bears signed him.  I'm just hopeful that he returns to his MVP calaber days.

Memorial Stadium at Illinois is a great great stadium and a great place to watch a game

Kordell Stewart sucks, however i'll love him for what he did to Mich

Never been to msu, i don't mind our campus though

Oh and Koch This, are you a fan of Kordell? if so, I hope he doesn't suck up the joint this year.  I was pissed when the Bears signed him.  I'm just hopeful that he returns to his MVP calaber days.

His what? I don't think he has anything MVP calibur, unless it's as a receiver. I wasn't gonna jump into the college football arguement, but since I'm a Buffalo's fan and Koch This brought it up, that game was so excellent.