Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

whitesoxbrian

They ought to buy some whipped cream. Shaving cream is tough on the eyes, burning.

They got the money; buy some whipped cream and make fake cakes to smash in the faces.

You got to admit ... BA has potential to be a powerful hitter.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
I think Kerry Sayers likes the BA :wub:

I think the BA likes Kerry Sayers :wub:

This was inside BA's mind: I am not leaving this interview without hugging this fine piece ... ahh shaving cream

Great game to be at, nice crowd tonight too. Gavin had been going through a stretch of pitching recently where he hadn't been so great, but we needed him tonight and he was just outstanding. Also of course nice to see BA contribute yet again, and both middle infielders were outstanding. Great to see our patient approach tonight against their staff (Smith in particular), did a great job taking what they gave us in terms of walks, and eventually the big hits came along with it. Let's get a split tomorrow and finish the homestand at a very good 8-2.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Not to be critical of a win, but how many solo homers has Linebrink given up in the 9th? Maybe he should satrt that first batter off with something else than whatever he throws cause it ain't fooling them. Great effort by Floyd to show he is the staff ace.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 10:41 PM)
Not to be critical of a win, but how many solo homers has Linebrink given up in the 9th? Maybe he should satrt that first batter off with something else than whatever he throws cause it ain't fooling them. Great effort by Floyd to show he is the staff ace.

I remember Kalapse posted on this a few days ago after the Cleveland sweep. Adding in tonight, Scott Linebrink has allowed 4 runs since May 1st, which first of all is incredibly good. The thing is, all four runs were on solo home runs leading off the 9th inning. Two of them were walk off home runs, at Tampa and Wrigley, the third was to Sizemore and then obviously tonight. All four of those incidents, to be specific, have been since May 30th too. In fact, Linebrink has allowed 7 earned runs all year, and 5 were on solo home runs leading off innings, with the 5th home run being April 28th against Baltimore in the infamous 3-3 tie that hasn't been finished yet leading off the 11th inning.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

That was a great game, much better than my last Greg Smith experience. My son had a blast, pretty much ate his college fund, and I picked up one of those 4th of July hats. The fireworks display was stellar. The only mess up, was that they left the parking gate locked off of Pershing. Anderson's shot was a nice high shot. Alexei's was a laser beam.

Floyd's breaking pitches were on from pitch one.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
BA is becoming one of my favorite part-time players in recent team history.

The guy whacks a bomb every once in a while and plays stellar D.

I agree although he still frustrates me with a lot of Ks. The Ranger was arguing tonight after the game that the Sox are a better team with PK at 1st, Thome at DH, Swish in CF and BA on the bench. His argument is BA and Thome will give you just about the same production at the plate and you do not gain defensively with BA over Swish (regarding more wins overall). I will agree that Thome is more likely to connect for a HR than BA and will draw a walk more often, but they both strike out a ton and I really think BA's defense helps a lot in tight games.