WHITESOX ALL-STARS!!!

rokimar

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Wood nor Aramis deserved it. Wood has blown 5 saves, and Ramirez was 1-29 in his last 29 AB's before today. :lolhitting

You would withhold him due to his last 29 at bats? Come on, lets look at the body of work, Aramis is most certainly an all star

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Who deserves it over Aramis though? I can't think of anyone off hand, but I haven't done any research.

Atkins, Colo 106 hits

12 HRs

50 RBI

.311 Avg

Ramierez 80 hits

13 HRs

57 RBI

.280 Avg

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
You would withhold him due to his last 29 at bats? Come on, lets look at the body of work, Aramis is most certainly an all star

Well no, but if you look at his BA, I'm sure there's another 3B in the league more deserving then him.

EDIT- And Spencer saves me some time. Thanks!

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
well, I mean the cubs have the best record in baseball and aramis has had numerous big hits. He's an all star. Fukudome...eh.

I think he probably is, but just not a starter. On the other hand, I think Soriano doesn't deserve a spot, period.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
well, I mean the cubs have the best record in baseball and aramis has had numerous big hits. He's an all star. Fukudome...eh.

Tampa has the best record at 55-32 and look how many All-Stars they have

varitek may be the single worst All star ever....lance carter bad.... but i think its worse because at least carter made it because of the every team having a member rule...i mean alot of people in boston are saying varitek is done and they want him out of there now

they really did a poor, poor job this year putting these together...recently it has been pretty good too...seemed like hte last few years they had been constructed they way they should

but really if they are gonna make this game count for the world series, they have to get rid of the fan vote...or visa versa, get rid of the world series rule and just use interleague play record

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
varitek may be the single worst All star ever....lance carter bad.... but i think its worse because at least carter made it because of the every team having a member rule...i mean alot of people in boston are saying varitek is done and they want him out of there now

they really did a poor, poor job this year putting these together...recently it has been pretty good too...seemed like hte last few years they had been constructed they way they should

but really if they are gonna make this game count for the world series, they have to get rid of the fan vote...or visa versa, get rid of the world series rule and just use interleague play record

And, if they want to put the best team together, they shouldn't HAVE to take atleast 1 guy from each team. If a team is so bad that they don't have a good player, no need to put on a guy having an average year that may cost the team a game. Atleast this year every guy from a bad team who made it deserved it (McClouth, Guzman, Volquez, Ichiro??, Halladay, Sherrill, etc).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
At least this year every guy from a bad team who made it deserved it (McClouth, Guzman, Volquez, Ichiro??, Halladay, Sherrill, etc).

Don't forget Soria for KC. I can't wait until we trade for him. He's one KC pitcher I wouldn't mind seeing in Sox uniform. You think they take MacDougal and Sisco back for him :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jim Spencer @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
Don't forget Soria for KC. I can't wait until we trade for him. He's one KC pitcher I wouldn't mind seeing in Sox uniform. You think they take MacDougal and Sisco back for him :lolhitting

I wouldn't call KC "bad". Also, I hope you're not forgetting Greinke as another "KC pitcher I wouldn't mind seeing in a Sox uniform".

BTW- there's no way they trade Soria.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Wait...so the three AL first place teams make up how many all-stars? 2 for white sox, 1 for A's, 3? devil rays?

The Angels are leading the AL West, not the A's.

The Angels got 3 guys in- Saunders, Rodriguez, and Santana. The Sox got 2 guys in- Crede and Q. The Rays got Kazmir and Navarro in.

But, the Rays could get another guy (Longoria) or the Sox could get another guy (Dye).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 11:03 PM)
The Angels are leading the AL West, not the A's.

The Angels got 3 guys in- Saunders, Rodriguez, and Santana. The Sox got 2 guys in- Crede and Q. The Rays got Kazmir and Navarro in.

But, the Rays could get another guy (Longoria) or the Sox could get another guy (Dye).

My mistake, heh. Point still remains somewhat.

QUOTE (feistyboy @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
I love Joe but there is no way in hell he should make it while Danks and Floyd do not. A true crime.

You can't make that comparison when Crede is a position player and Danks/Floyd, et al, are pitchers starting every fifth game. In fact I would argue you can't compare their selections or non-selections at all. It's like the apples and oranges thing. You have to look at pitchers against what other pitchers in the league have done. Now do I think Danks and Floyd deserve consideration YES! But, as usual we see the dislike some here have for our players and instead of saying congrats to Crede or any Sox player that makes it they get cut down as not being worthy. It just boggles my mind sometimes. Think of the selection(s) this way-baseball people think he or they deserved it.

Well I am still very happy Crede made it since I think he has been robbed so many times of worthy recognitions. He should have been picked for the All Star game in 2006, he should have won a Gold Glove in either 2005 or 2006, he should have won either the AL series or World Series MVP in 2005 or both. So he is often times bypassed for worthy honors and so I am glad he made it even if I am not totally sure he should have been.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
I would much rather our pitchers get rest anyways...considering Danks and Floyd have never really pitched a full season.

Very good point. I think they will both have many more all star games in their futures, especialy Danks!