CC a Brewer

Heads22

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Barring any rain-outs, in the remaining 10 games vs the Cubs, the Brewers will only throw CC once against the Cubs. Also, Sabathia will make most of his August starts on the road.

Assuming their rotation remains completely unaltered, which is at best a 50/50 proposition.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
Sheets and CC are mostly likely not going to be resigned. The rotation will be altered to get them in against the cubs as often as possible even if it means going on 3 days rest. The cubs kill Suppan and Bush.

I would assume McLung will stay in the rotation, not Bush.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
Steve Stone said on the radio that he thinks the PTBN is going to be J.J. Hardy at the end of the season.I hope that isnt the case.

I don't think they can wait that long. I believe they have to complete the deal within 30 days or so.

EDIT: I was wrong. It's 6 months.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
Sheets and CC are mostly likely not going to be resigned. The rotation will be altered to get them in against the cubs as often as possible even if it means going on 3 days rest. The cubs kill Suppan and Bush.

Suppan was put on the DL to make room for Sabathia, he is having elbow problems

I have a feeling it might be Matt Gamel (the PTBNL), and the Indians may try to turn him into a DH down the line (because his defense at 3rd is pretty bad). Otherwise someone who they drafted last season (who's rated pretty highly).

But overall, I like this move from the Brewers. Sheets and Sabathia won't be back obviously, but they'll get 4 high draft picks for them, and overall their drafting has been as good as anyone's over the past 3-5 years.

And they have quite a few SP's to say the least.

How nice is it though to not be facing Santana or Sabathia anymore? Because those 2 lefties have usually dominated us, and now our lineup doesn't have to face them 3-5 times a season at least.

And I think the Brewers will probably move Hardy down the line for prospects, because they have Escobar to take over soon.

Horror in the 7th preceded 6 solid innings of work by new Brewer Sabathia.

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Six strong innings by newly acquired southpaw C.C. Sabathia helped Milwaukee defeat the Colorado Rockies 7-3 on Tuesday night.

But that wasn't the main story.

The 7th inning sausage races had an interloper.

After finishing his 6 innings, Sabathia sat in the dugout with his arm wrapped in an icepack and stared out onto the field at Miller Park. According to shocked witnesses, when the race contestants rounded third to head come, a blue blur shot out of the dugout and tackled the Hot Dog.

Screams were heard and loud crunching echoed through the half-empty park. Then, the Polish sausage went down, followed by the Bratwurst. The Chorizo barely survived with its Sombrero intact, however, the others were not as lucky.

The attacker was new pitcher Sabathia, apparently not informed that the race was going to occur. After 6 innings of work, the sausages must have appeared like room service passing by the home dugout.

When asked for a reply, Sabathia was heard to say, "C.C. STILL HUNGRY!"

The AP reporter made a hasty exit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)
IF JJ Hardy was the PTBNL, that would turn into a terrible deal. Unfortunately that absolutely can't be the case (99.99999% sure) as PTBNL can not be on the 40 man roster IIRC.

The Brewers's GM addressed that in his press conference on Monday, saying a PTBN cannot be a major league player. Stone should have known that.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 05:13 AM)
Horror in the 7th preceded 6 solid innings of work by new Brewer Sabathia.

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Six strong innings by newly acquired southpaw C.C. Sabathia helped Milwaukee defeat the Colorado Rockies 7-3 on Tuesday night.

But that wasn't the main story.

The 7th inning sausage races had an interloper.

After finishing his 6 innings, Sabathia sat in the dugout with his arm wrapped in an icepack and stared out onto the field at Miller Park. According to shocked witnesses, when the race contestants rounded third to head come, a blue blur shot out of the dugout and tackled the Hot Dog.

Screams were heard and loud crunching echoed through the half-empty park. Then, the Polish sausage went down, followed by the Bratwurst. The Chorizo barely survived with its Sombrero intact, however, the others were not as lucky.

The attacker was new pitcher Sabathia, apparently not informed that the race was going to occur. After 6 innings of work, the sausages must have appeared like room service passing by the home dugout.

When asked for a reply, Sabathia was heard to say, "C.C. STILL HUNGRY!"

The AP reporter made a hasty exit.

is fake cuz CC no longer has periods in name...ESPN tells me 500 times