The Two Coreys

The Critic

So I kind of got sucked into watching the second season of The Two Coreys, and much to my surprise I find myself feeling really bad for Corey Haim.

He's such a broken guy, and I get the feeling that he just doesn't know how to fix himself.

It's got to be hard to be a walking punchline to so many people and still have to work day-to-day just to try to stay somewhat relevant in an occupation that throws people away on a regular basis.

Maybe I'm just being duped by the editing or something, but I really do hope that guy can figure it out.

I feel bad for both of them really. They were the premier child actors in the 80's, everything they touched turned to gold. Now they couldnt get a serious acting gig if their lives depended on it. Of course their drug habits helped drive them into the gutter too, but it still is too bad. There have been plenty of major actors that have had bad drug habits and continued to work

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 07:29 AM)
I feel bad for both of them really. They were the premier child actors in the 80's, everything they touched turned to gold. Now they couldnt get a serious acting gig if their lives depended on it. Of course their drug habits helped drive them into the gutter too, but it still is too bad. There have been plenty of major actors that have had bad drug habits and continued to work

Corey Feldman is actually a good actor, too. Haim not so much.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 7, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
Corey Feldman is actually a good actor, too. Haim not so much.

The stuff I have to work with is pretty limited. Lost Boys, Goonies, License to Drive, Lucas. Its hard to tell how good they are with those movies as the reference.

I got sucked into this last night after watching the 2 min "showdown." Basically I could tell instantly from "next on" clips of the showdown to the episode that actually covered it, that the entire show is scripted. It has to be. It's a huge publicity stunt to get these guys back into relevancy when/if they actually do release Lost Boys 2.

That said, Haim is just beyond lost. He's a sad story. Feldman thinks he's a bad ass (with that wife I don't blame him) but he's sort of annoying. The molestation stuff is a little crazy - someone told me it was Michael Jackson but they can't say his name because Feldman told a grand jury he doesn't know anything about that, so he would be committing perjury.

I dunno, i'm ashamed to say I threw it on the season pass just to see what Haim will do next, but i did, so there you go.

Edit: ha, looks like they actually are going to release it in about 4 weeks.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Corey Feldman is one of the biggest morons I have ever seen on TV. He is just clueless. He thinks he knows everything, but he is idiotic.

Yes.

PS: What was with his Michael Jackson look-a-like phase in the early 90s?

PPS: Did someone above actually call Feldmen a "good actor"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!