OZUNA DFA

rokimar

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
This means they do not have to do anything until after the ASB as they have 10 days correct? This differs from waivers correct?

someone pull up the preseason Uribe conversations when he was DFA and then put on waivers and then... and then.. back on the team pulled of waivers

That is a bummer. I always enjoyed what he did here and I'll continue to root for him on the next team he plays for (he's definitely good enough to get another major league job in this league).

Anyone know if Paulie is going to start tonight? I'm assuming with him flying in today that they'll hold Paulie out today and have him play in the final two games.

I guess this could also be a ploy by Ken Williams to basically gain additional leverage on whichever team he is potentially talking to regarding a Uribe deal (basically indicating that we don't have to trade him and are happy to keep him on the bench...heck, we just DFA'd Ozuna to show exactly that).

Again, odds are that isn't the case, but its a possibility. I also believe the Sox are comfortable with there options down in the minors in Bourgois, Richar, and Getz.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
That is a bummer. I always enjoyed what he did here and I'll continue to root for him on the next team he plays for (he's definitely good enough to get another major league job in this league).

Anyone know if Paulie is going to start tonight? I'm assuming with him flying in today that they'll hold Paulie out today and have him play in the final two games.

they said konerko will be starting tonight on the radio

i agree with the sentiment of others here...i appreciate what pablo did..always played hard, did a few little things well....but he was the most logical subtraction...guys with no power, no on base ability and poor defenders just arent that valuable

I don't care for the limbo of DFA. Doesn't seem fair to the player to leave them hanging for up to 10 days. Why not just release them outright? In Ozuna's case, that's the likely end result anyway.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 12:17 PM)
bye pablo. I'll never forget your stolen base after pinch running for AJ in the ALCS. Crede knocked you in and we didn't lose after that.

Amen.

Thanks for everything you did for us in 2005!! :headbang :gosox3:

If I ever see you in a bar, it's on me, bud! :cheers:

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
Who is our backup 3B now??

Casey Blake.

Seriously, though, maybe Fields.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
Who is our backup 3B now??

Uribe. If Crede goes down for any extended period of time the Sox would call up Fields or make a trade. Uribe is far far better than Ozuna defensively at 3B too. Remember, when we first acquired Juan he was used in a platoon role and excelled (playing 3B, SS, & 2B).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
I guess this could also be a ploy by Ken Williams to basically gain additional leverage on whichever team he is potentially talking to regarding a Uribe deal (basically indicating that we don't have to trade him and are happy to keep him on the bench...heck, we just DFA'd Ozuna to show exactly that).

Again, odds are that isn't the case, but its a possibility. I also believe the Sox are comfortable with there options down in the minors in Bourgois, Richar, and Getz.

I hope so. Losing Pablo takes away one of our better contact hitters and bunters. Uribe is an all-or-nothing type player that our lineup is too full of. I hope he gets dealt and one of those guys from AAA gets pulled up.