7/8 Games - Tuesday Night

scenario

Rochester @ Charlotte

Clayton Richard (5-0, 2.53) going for his 6th win

Game postponed due to rain

Carolina @ Birmingham

Barons win 6-3.

McCulloch with a very solid outing: 7 innings; 1 run on 4 hits; 4 K's; 1 BB

Stephan Gartrell 3-4 with 2 homeruns and 3 RBIs.

Winston-Salem

Has the night off

Kannapolis @ Columbus

Charlie Shirek pitching

Great Falls @ Orem

Skogley starting (1-1, 2.76 ERA in 4 starts; 31K's and 4 BB's on the season)

Bristol @ Princeton

Postponed due to rain

WhiteSox DSL 1 Team is 22-9 and in 1st place in the DSL BC North division.

WhiteSox DSL 2 Team is 11-20 and in last place in the DSL BC South division.

Edited by scenario

Just got back from the Voyagers game. They won 7-3. There were 6 of us and we had air blasters sitting 5 rows behind the Great Falls dugout. It was a total blast. Skogley was pretty impressive. Cheatham made an outstanding diving catch in centerfield.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 01:09 AM)
Escobar has finally started hitting after a rough start at Kannapolis. Anyone know anything about this guy, is he a legit prospect??? He is playing above his level at only 19 already in A-ball

He's probably one to watch for the next year or so...dan's had his eye on him for a while now, and I like dan's background on prospects coming from the lower levels, so let's just say, yeah, let's keep an eye on him.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 06:10 AM)
Anyone know what's happened to Kent Gerst? He hasn't played in almost 2 weeks now.

I saw that he got pulled from a game on 6/27 for a pinch runner. Leads me to believe he must have some sort of leg injury but I haven't seen any other info on it. A shame too... he was doing really well.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 03:41 AM)
He's probably one to watch for the next year or so...dan's had his eye on him for a while now, and I like dan's background on prospects coming from the lower levels, so let's just say, yeah, let's keep an eye on him.

Haha thanks for the cred. I don't know anything about him other than his manager in GF said he was fast. His stats look good, he is playing in a high level for his age, he's in his first year in this country for pro ball and the Sox think highly enough of him to push him a bit. That's all I'm basing it on, but that's quite a bit.

Bahaha, I just turned sigs back on for the first time in two years and saw your sig Dan. Love it.

In terms of Escobar, can't comment much on him, but you don't get fast tracked the way he has been without having some sort of tools. I'll try to ask around and get some more info on him when I get a chance.

Also, anyone notice how KW Jr. has not really played over the past week. I wonder if he's hurt of if its due to him being mired in something like an 0 for 20 slump.