Jose upset that Ozuna's leaving, per Cowley

DaTank

http://twitter.com/cst_sox

Well, I just got a text on my phone from Cowley's Twitter account saying the following:

Jose Contreras was very upset when he heard the news about Ozuna, and he's pitching like a guy whose mind is somewhere else.

Does anyone think that Jose will struggle a ton now with Pablo gone?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
I better not hear this as an excuse, especially after Jose last season being given a free pass.

seriously, this is baseball...get the f*** over it jose and quit giving it up like a dirty whore like you have over the past month +

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Who isn't slaughtered around these parts? I was referring to the Sox organization and parts of the media.

ie -- His wife handing him divorce papers before his first start. It effected his entire season, obviously. I believe I heard Gonzalez from the Tribune mention it on the Score as one of those preseason reasons to be optimistic ("Contreras won't have any distractions"). On Chicago Tribune live after one of Contreras start Phil Rogers threw it out too. I'm sure I've heard it on other occasions.

If Ozuna were here, just imagine how much his forkball would be diving right now!

Edited by Flash Tizzle

If someone i'm friends w/ at the office gets fired, i'm upset. That's all that is. No reason to call Jose a child or whatever people are saying here.

Not really a news story, but also it's silly to slam Jose for that when it's a natural reaction.

People get traded, get upset about it, then it passes.

This is really just Cowley trying to play some ignorant agenda. He's been pushing for Uribe to move on for awhile now. It's pretty great how the beat writer has such a petty agenda against one player and for another. I seriously doubt JC was that upset, this is just Cowley playing up his agenda. He is obsessed with Ozuna and somehow thinks he's a better player than Uribe.

Thank god the Internet exists so Cowley can get his f***ing roasting. SSS has put him in his proper (dunce cap) place.

Uribe offers much, much more value to this team. Cowley is dumb if he thinks Ozuna can play more positions competently than Uribe. I mean, the only thing Uribe has goign for him is his defense. If the Sox cut Uribe they would have nobody capable of playing SS outside of OC, and that would be disastrous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 02:20 AM)
I better not hear this as an excuse, especially after Jose last season being given a free pass.

I am going with you on this one. The guy has been struggl;ing the last five games anyway and now I suppose this will be his excuse to struggle some more.

Jose sucked tonight. His pitches screamed "hit me."

Funny to be at the game and look at that bullpen and nobody moving.

In a way I respect Ozzie for doing it. Jose was gonna pitch at least five innings no matter

how s***ty he was pitching.

We had seats by the plate and he was horrible.

No velocity. Nothing.

this morning's Tribune says Ozzie was irritated by a number of players' reactions to Ozuna's move. Ozzie said fine, you want to be upset, you go to the minors and Ozuna can stay.

In fact today's Sun Times quotes Ozzie as saying "(Bleep) Jose Contreras" concerning Contreras's reaction to the news.

Edited by Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
You should be happy about it Jose. Ozuna sucked.

i hate when people say this because it's not at all freaking true. ozuna was great for us. unless a .290 average is now somehow considered sucking.