With Jenks on the DL, how do you manage this roster?

Buehrle>Wood

As far as I know, we haven't announced a call-up but it will be a 12th pitcher. I'm not exactly sure on the candidates. But more importantly, what should we be doing with the closer's role. Liney now has 1 save to 3 blown saves. Dotel isn't much better with 2 blown saves, 34 career. Thorton is usually terrible in the 9th with the lead as well.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
As far as I know, we haven't announced a call-up but it will be a 12th pitcher. I'm not exactly sure on the candidates. But more importantly, what should we be doing with the closer's role. Liney now has 1 save to 3 blown saves. Dotel isn't much better with 2 blown saves, 34 career. Thorton is usually terrible in the 9th with the lead as well.

with the bullpen being used up tonight, i call up a starter that can eat up innings for us...probably broadway...i think i close with dotel

The way Thornton is throwing I'd give him a chance til he blows one.

Unless Oz figures Linebrink is our best candidate and merely needs to get used to the role.

Linebrink's too good a pitcher to keep blowing saves isn't he?