• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
I was thinking HCP for Palin. (Hot Chick Palin) But i'd hate to be accused of sexism by the POW/Sexism Defense Shield.

No different than calling out Obama supporters for thinking "he's cool" by referring to him as a rock star.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
No different than calling out Obama supporters for thinking "he's cool" by referring to him as a rock star.

but she's a woman. Cant say anything bad. It's just not cool, man Never attack a woman. They are off limits.

I thought the feminist movement was to make woman on par with men when it comes to rights and privileges. THe moment one reaches that level.. "oh yea, dont attack a woman. You can attack a man (Biden), but women (Palin) are off limits"

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
but she's a woman. Cant say anything bad. It's just not cool, man Never attack a woman. They are off limits.

I thought the feminist movement was to make woman on par with men when it comes to rights and privileges. THe moment one reaches that level.. "oh yea, dont attack a woman. You can attack a man (Biden), but women (Palin) are off limits"

I almost fell over in the check out line at Babies-R-Us today... 2 black ladies were behind me discussing men "attacking" Palin cause she's a woman. They said, no s*** here, "men should just shut up about her. It's like white folks sayin the N word (but they said it), don't even try it". The checkout lady and I both were speechless.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
I almost fell over in the check out line at Babies-R-Us today... 2 black ladies were behind me discussing men "attacking" Palin cause she's a woman. They said, no s*** here, "men should just shut up about her. It's like white folks sayin the N word (but they said it), don't even try it". The checkout lady and I both were speechless.

I get the whole "dont punch a woman" thing. I'll sure as hell fight back she she punched me first, but In general I dont believe in hitting a woman. BUT, when it comes to having an equal level of political attacks, you better damn well be able to take the heat when you are running to be the VP.

Like I said, it's the POW/Sexism defense shield.

I didnt know this... McCain Invented the Blackberry:

Move over, Al Gore. You may lay claim to the Internet, but John McCain helped create the BlackBerry.

At least that's the contention of a top McCain policy adviser, Douglas Holtz-Eakin. Waving his BlackBerry personal digital assistant and citing McCain's work as a senator, he told reporters Tuesday, "You're looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create."

McCain has acknowledged that he doesn't know how to use a computer and can't send e-mail, one of the BlackBerry's prime functions.

The Arizona senator's handling of regulation and deregulation of that industry in particular left him with the skills to help revive the economy amid a mortgage crisis, an energy crisis and a Wall Street meltdown, the adviser said.

"He can and has the judgment to put people in place with technical expertise, with the history of experience in the areas necessary, that we're going to get reforms," Holtz-Eakin said.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
The topic was getting young blacks to vote, Diddy did a good job of this and raised turnout four years ago.

I didn't see that topic come up here.

We need to be careful where we put these things, especially in the party-gutter threads. This should probably be in the Dems thread, or the general election thread, or maybe its own thread. I'll move it.

Speaking to reporters today, McCain campaign adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin claimed that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is responsible for the “miracle” of PDAs. Waving around his Blackberry, Holtz-Eakin said:

He did thi
s
Telecommunication
s
of the United
S
tate
s
i
s
a premier innovation in the pa
s
t 15 year
s
, come
s
right through the Commerce committee
s
o
you
re loo
k
ing at the miracle John McCain helped create and that
s
what he did.

ThinkProgress received a response today from former FCC chairman Reed Hundt, who sharply criticized Holtz-Eakin’s claim:

John McCain i
s
s
o out of touch with America hi
s
economic
s
advi
s
er
s
ay
s
he de
s
erve
s
credit for creating the Canadian company that invented the Blac
k
berry. Me
s
s
age to Republican
s
: it
s
American entrepreneur
s
hip our Pre
s
ident i
s
s
uppo
s
ed to encourage.

ThinkProgress also spoke with Blair Levin, who is currently Managing Director at Stifel Nicolaus and served as Hundt’s chief of staff at the FCC. Levin pointed out that McCain actually voted against the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA ‘93) that “authorized the spectrum auctions that created the competitive wireless market that gave rise to companies like Research in Motion [the creator of Blackberry].”

This is not the first time that McCain has tried to take credit for a technological innovation he actively opposed. In a 2000 GOP presidential debate, he took credit for E-Rate, a program designed to wire schools:

We too
k
a major
s
tep forward when we decided to wire every
s
chool and library in America to the Internet.
That
s
a good program.

McCain, however, opposed E-Rate in the late ’90s, concerned about the impact it might have on the telecom industry. Groups such as the American Library Association were so outraged that they encouraged their members to contact obstinate senators, including McCain. More here on McCain’s paltry record as Senate Commerce Committee chairman.

LINK

Edited by BigSqwert

McCain supporter and former CEO of Hewlett Packard on the radio in St. Louis this morning.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/090..._to_run_HP.html

So, second most powerful job in the world? No problem! HP? Maybe not so much....

McCain supporter Carly Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett Packard, seemed to veer off message for a moment on the McGraw Milhaven show on KTRS radio in St Louis, when she made the case that Sarah Palin may be qualified to run America -- but certainly not to run her old company.

"Do you think she has the experience to run a major company like Hewlett Packard?" the host asked Fiorina.

"No, I don’t," she replied. "But that’s not what she’s running for. Running a corporation is a different set of things."

She then went back on the attack on Obama's experience. (She probably wouldn't want him running HP either.)

"I would just remind you that it is Barack Obama who is running for president. John McCain who is running for president," she said. "Sarah Palin has more experience than Barack Obama has."

"I find it quite stunning, actually, that the Barack Obama campaign is questioning Sarah Palin's experience," she said.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
McCain supporter and former CEO of Hewlett Packard on the radio in St. Louis this morning.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/090..._to_run_HP.html

So, second most powerful job in the world? No problem! HP? Maybe not so much....

After that interview she had another one where she said McCain couldn't run HP either.

The shifting lies of Sarah Palin's Trooper-gate:

A court filing made yesterday by Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, asserts that Palin fired Monegan as the state's public safety commissioner because of a series of instances of Monegan's insubordination on budget issues, including Monegan working with an Alaska legislator to seek funding for a project Governor Palin had already vetoed. This alleged pattern of "outright insubordination" is said to have culminated in Monegan planning a trip to Washington to go after federal funds for an initiative to fight sexual assault crimes, which had not yet been approved by the governor. (Van Flein's account was in sync with the line taken last night by a McCain campaign spokesman at a press conference in Alaska.)

In this interview from July, Palin said she fired Monegan because she was dissatisfied with his performance on filling vacant trooper positions and on bootlegging and alcohol abuse issues.

Around the same time, she told The New Yorker, for a story published this week, that she hadn't actually fired Monegan, but rather had wanted to reassign him to combat alcohol abuse, and that he quit instead.

McCain's nuclear program could cost us $313 BILLION:

John McCain's plan to revive the U.S. nuclear power industry with 45 new reactors may cost $315 billion, with taxpayers bearing much of the financial risk.

The Republican presidential nominee wants the plants built in time to help the U.S. meet a 29 percent increase in electricity demand by 2030. Industry estimates put their cost at $7 billion each. Barack Obama, McCain's Democratic opponent, is less specific about his plans, saying he wants to ``find ways to safely harness nuclear power.''

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
Yeah, I was going to say the same. I don't think there's any way to avoid spending money there.

The question is...are those tens of billions of dollars a year the best way to spend the government's energy related investment dollars?