The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

Sarah Palin: Henry Kissinger is "beyond naïve"... ok, She said Obama was, but it's Kissinger position too!

Palin: Barack Obama is so off-base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met. That's beyond naïve. And it's beyond bad judgment.

Couric: Are you saying Henry Kissinger …

Palin: It's dangerous.

Couric: … is naïve for supporting that?

Palin: I've never heard Henry Kissinger say, "Yeah, I'll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met."

Actually. That's exactly Henry Kissinger's position. And Couric even went ahead and confirmed it with Kissinger after the interview. Here is what Kissinger said just last week at a forum of five secretaries of state.

“I’m in favor of negotiating with Iran. And one – (unintelligible) – of negotiation is to put before Iran our vision of a Middle East – of a stable Middle East and our notion of nuclear proliferation at a high enough level so that they have to study it."

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Conservative columnist Kathleen Parker, admitting that until recently she was a vocal supporter of Sarah Palin, now says the vice presidential nominee should bow out:

S
ome of the pa
s
s
ionately femini
s
t critic
s
of Palin who attac
k
ed her per
s
onally de
s
erved
s
ome of the bac
k
la
s
h they received. But circum
s
tance
s
have changed
s
ince Palin wa
s
introduced a
s
ju
s
t a hoc
k
ey mom with lip
s
tic
k
-- what a difference a financial cri
s
i
s
ma
k
e
s
-- and a more complicated picture ha
s
emerged.

A
s
we've
s
een and heard more from John McCain'
s
running mate, it i
s
increa
s
ingly clear that Palin i
s
a problem. Quic
k
s
tudy or not,
s
he doe
s
n't
k
now enough about economic
s
and foreign policy to ma
k
e American
s
comfortable with a Pre
s
ident Palin
s
hould condition
s
warrant her promotion.

Parker says her turnaround came from watching Palin in interview. Like other critics, she wasn't impressed:

Palin'
s
recent interview
s
with Charle
s
Gib
s
on,
S
ean Hannity, and now
K
atie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earne
s
t, confident candidate. Who I
s
Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hate
s
s
aying that more than I do. Li
k
e
s
o many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wi
s
hing her the be
s
t, hoping
s
he will perform brilliantly.
I've al
s
o noticed that I watch her interview
s
with the held breath of an anxiou
s
parent, my finger poi
s
ed over the mute button in ca
s
e it get
s
too painful. Unfortunately, it often doe
s
. My cringe reflex i
s
exhau
s
ted.

Palin filibu
s
ter
s
S
he repeat
s
word
s
, filling
s
pace with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there'
s
not much content there.

LINK

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
Sarah Palin: Henry Kissinger is "beyond naïve"... ok, She said Obama was, but it's Kissinger position too!

f***, dude, it's even George Bush's position.

Also Colin Powell, Madeline Albright, etc. etc... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Condoleeza Rice came out and said that too.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
f***, dude, it's even George Bush's position.

Also Colin Powell, Madeline Albright, etc. etc... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Condoleeza Rice came out and said that too.

/slobber, drool

B B B B But is f***ing EEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL SARAH PALIN!!!!!! BWWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

/twists head slightly to the left

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
/slobber, drool

B B B B But is f***ing EEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL SARAH PALIN!!!!!! BWWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

/twists head slightly to the left

Naw I don't think she's evil... all the suspicions I had about her being out of her league at the national level are gradually being confirmed one by one, and combined with the fact that everybody (meaning hardcore Republicans) is slobbing over her and trying to defend her and act like she's more than she really is, I don't like her. Oh and her general arrogance and mocking tone towards anybody that doesn't agree with her. It's not that she's "inexperienced," I don't even care about that. It's just that she's like a hotshot A ball pitcher called up to the majors before they're ready.

Unless she does a complete about face, which I doubt, I just have a bad feeling about her. With Obama, you look at him, the dude graduated with a law degree from Harvard with honors (read: he is an elitist), and it shows. With Palin, she is clearly smart and educated, but she has a bachelor's degree from like 5 schools combined... it also shows.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
Naw I don't think she's evil... all the suspicions I had about her being out of her league at the national level are gradually being confirmed one by one, and combined with the fact that everybody (meaning hardcore Republicans) is slobbing over her and trying to defend her and act like she's more than she really is, I don't like her. Oh and her general arrogance and mocking tone towards anybody that doesn't agree with her. It's not that she's "inexperienced," I don't even care about that. It's just that she's like a hotshot A ball pitcher called up to the majors before they're ready.

Unless she does a complete about face, which I doubt, I just have a bad feeling about her. With Obama, you look at him, the dude graduated with a law degree from Harvard with honors (read: he is an elitist), and it shows. With Palin, she is clearly smart and educated, but she has a bachelor's degree from like 5 schools combined... it also shows.

I agree with everything you say here to a T. I don't like her either. I'm just more laughing at the "outrage" by ATB.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
I agree with everything you say here to a T. I don't like her either. I'm just more laughing at the "outrage" by ATB.

As a Democrat, I love the choice of Sarah Palin as McCain's running mate. As an American, I'm somewhat worried that there's a possibility that she could actually become Vice President.

Every time she opens her mouth, its an embarrassment. She reminds me of that Miss Teen USA pageant Laura Upton who was asked why she thinks one fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a map.

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh,

some, people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh,

I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh,

South Africa and, uh,

the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh,

or, uh,

should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our [children]

I DON'T THINK AHB WAS OUTRAGED, I JUST THINK HE POINTED OUT A FUNNY NEWS ARTICLE THAT SHE CLEARLY HAS NO IDEA ABOUT KISSINGERS IDEOLOGY SO WHY WOULD SHE CLAIM TO THINK WHAT HE SAID.

I'M WRITING IN CAPS LOCK UNTIL THE WHITE SOX TIE THE DIVISION.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
I DON'T THINK AHB WAS OUTRAGED, I JUST THINK HE POINTED OUT A FUNNY NEWS ARTICLE THAT SHE CLEARLY HAS NO IDEA ABOUT KISSINGERS IDEOLOGY SO WHY WOULD SHE CLAIM TO THINK WHAT HE SAID.

I'M WRITING IN CAPS LOCK UNTIL THE WHITE SOX TIE THE DIVISION.

Exactly right.

PS: Love the caps idea.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
Me too. Question, does anyone else read caps lock as if the other person is shouting?

I caught myself doing that...

At my company, our European contingent are well known for using ALL CAPS in emails to b**** and to yell. Its kind of funny. I told one guy once, well we will get to the issues in your email. Also we will get someone to your desk ASAP to fix your faulty keyboard.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
As a Democrat, I love the choice of Sarah Palin as McCain's running mate. As an American, I'm somewhat worried that there's a possibility that she could actually become Vice President.

Every time she opens her mouth, its an embarrassment. She reminds me of that Miss Teen USA pageant Laura Upton who was asked why she thinks one fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a map.

I've been thinking the same thing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
I AM SHOUTING STEVE

:lolhitting

I had to stifle my laughter in the office.

McCain Aides on Palin: She's Clueless

Capitol Hill sources are telling me that senior McCain people are more than concerned about Palin. The campaign has held a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as "disastrous." One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, "What are we going to do?" The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is "clueless."

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Should this be in green? Obama had a Hemi until he got s*** for it and he copped out to be a hybrid.

Your reply has nothing to do with elitism. The McCain's have a ton of houses and cars while the Obama's have one of each.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
Your reply has nothing to do with elitism. The McCain's have a ton of houses and cars while the Obama's have one of each.

So punish them because they are successful? Obama doesnt exactly live in a hut, he lives in a multimillion dollar mansion.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
So punish them because they are successful? Obama doesnt exactly live in a hut, he lives in a multimillion dollar mansion.

The concept of "elitism" is the dumbest political profanity I've ever heard. It's just that it's even more ridiculous when rich people accuse somebody else of it. Like that billionaire Hillary supporter that doesn't like Obama because he's "elitist." LOL.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)

Who's punishing who? It's the GOP and McCain surrogates that have labeled Obama as the elitist. The same Obama that was raised by his single mom who was on food stamps. The same Obama that paid his own way through college and just recently paid off his student loans.

My point was that what a bunch of hypocrites they are when it's McCain who owns so many homes he forgets how many he has and owns a fleet of vehicles and his own private jet. The audacity to label Obama as the elitist is laughable.

Raising Expectations: Palin is a "terrific debater"

"We've looked at tapes of Gov. Palin's debates, and she's a terrific debater," Obama campaign manager David Plouffe told reporters on a conference call. "She has performed very, very well. She's obviously a skilled speaker. We expect she'll give a great performance next Thursday."