• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats. Democracy once again has spoken. From my standpoint, I hope this awakens my party to get back to what it once was. 8 years of Bush hurt my party more than it hurt you in the long run. It will take a long time to undo the damage. I am a bit nervous on what financial impact this will have in the long run to me. But I can take one piece of comfort that we at least know who will throw out the first pitch in next years game 1 at the Cell. Enjoy your night.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
Congrats. Democracy once again has spoken. From my standpoint, I hope this awakens my party to get back to what it once was. 8 years of Bush hurt my party more than it hurt you in the long run. It will take a long time to undo the damage. I am a bit nervous on what financial impact this will have in the long run to me. But I can take one piece of comfort that we at least know who will throw out the first pitch in next years game 1 at the Cell. Enjoy your night.

Yup. I agree. The GOP is just in shambles, and they need to figure out who they really are. If they are a morality party, good riddance to them all.

Yeah reporters were just saying it was close in terms of overall population to try and keep interest.

It should have been obvious if Obama was leading with out Cali that the numbers were going to go change drastically.

Got back from the rally good time, got interviewed by 2 tv stations so maybe will be on Russian Tv, haha.

52%-46% now, which means a soild 6 point win.

Most votes ever received for President:

1. Barack Obama (2008)

2. George W Bush (2004)

3. John Kerry (2004)

4. John McCain (2008)

5. Al Gore (2000)

Overall turnout? Actually down this year from 2004.

Obama increases on Bush's vote by over 400,000.

McCain is three million short of Kerry's total, however.

Obama's showing yesterday was the best percentage showing for a Democrat since 1964.

I made a similar post in the Election Night Results thread, but I think it should have been made here. Congradulations to all you Obama backers and I really hope he proves you all right and becomes one of America's greatest presidents.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
Actually I read that turnout was greater than in 04 by %

Via MSNBC:

Highest turnout rate since '08 -- 1908: Provided the number stands, the turnout rate for yesterday's election was the highest in 100 years, according to the estimate from turnout guru Dr. Michael McDonald at George Mason University. Almost 137 million (136,631,825) went to the polls -- 64.1% of the voting-eligible population. 1960 saw 63.7% of the populace go out to vote; In 1908, 65.7% voted. It was, of course, the most people ever to go to the polls topping 2004's 122 million. That's 12% increase from 2004. For those wondering why the current total vote in the presidential adds up to approximately 117 million, note that it's going to climb. There is still a ton of vote missing on the West coast.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)
I made a similar post in the Election Night Results thread, but I think it should have been made here. Congradulations to all you Obama backers and I really hope he proves you all right and becomes one of America's greatest presidents.

Thank you YASNY. Had McCain won I would've done the same.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)

Thanks YASNY.

I had a feeling that once McCain lost, the leaks would start flowing into streams and rivers:

Paper claims McCain has been making fun of Palin in private

In a leaked message written by the British ambassador to Washington, the envoy claims that McCain has been "telling friends in recent weeks that Palin is even more trouble than a pitbull," according to a report Wednesday.

In a telegram leaked to the Guardian, Sir Nigel Sheinwald, the British ambassador to Washington, says that McCain has privately been likening Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to a pitbull.

"In one joke doing the rounds, the Republican presidential candidate has been asking friends: what the difference is between Sarah Palin and a pitbull?" the paper says. "The friendly canine eventually lets go, is the McCain punchline."

In examining McCain's discomfort with his now widely-panned running made, the Guardian also noted his "awkward body language between them during his concession speech in Phoenix, Arizona."

FYI:

I think it was Chris Matthews on MSNBC last night who said he's talked with senior Obama staffers who have said Obama's inner circle / cabinet will be 3 things:

Bi-partisan

Diverse

No Retreads / Youth

Basically, they want a bi-partisan group of diverse individuals who havent been around the White House too much before.