• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 17, 2011 -> 07:13 AM)
The party of family values.

Not fair.

Ah-nold never held himself out as a moral majority suck-up or "family values" Republican, and John Edwards put that partisan claim to bed (pun intended).

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 17, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Not fair.

Ah-nold never held himself out as a moral majority suck-up or "family values" Republican, and John Edwards put that partisan claim to bed (pun intended).

He did veto marriage equality legislation in California. Twice.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
He did veto marriage equality legislation in California. Twice.

Which Elliot Spitzer sponsored in New York.

But which Bill Clinton similarly opposed by signing the Defense of Marriage Act as president.

None of that makes the broad, party pot shot any more fair.

Philandering is personal, not political. Plenty of examples on both sides of the aisle.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 17, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
Which Elliot Spitzer sponsored in New York.

But which Bill Clinton similarly opposed by signing the Defense of Marriage Act as president.

None of that makes the broad, party pot shot any more fair.

Philandering is personal, not political. Plenty of examples on both sides of the aisle.

And Bill Clinton has stepped up to now support marriage equality in NY.

You don't find there to be any disconnect between "protecting traditional marriage" or whatever excuse was given and having a child out of wedlock?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
And Bill Clinton has stepped up to now support marriage equality in NY.

You don't find there to be any disconnect between "protecting traditional marriage" or whatever excuse was given and having a child out of wedlock?

I certainly do, but that wasn't my point. The point I was trying to make was that you can just about match every philandering Dem. with a philandering Rep., liberal with conservative, etc. so trotting out the "party of family values line" is just too easy and holds no sway with me.

And Bubba's behavior "now" is totally irrelevant. He was unzipping with regularity while "defending" marriage in 1996.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 17, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
And Bubba's behavior "now" is totally irrelevant. He was unzipping with regularity while "defending" marriage in 1996.

And that was equally B.S. with Arnold's protection of marriage. Glad we agree.

I think the impasse here is that balta isn't saying democrats are saints and republicans are cheaters, it's to once again point out how the party that tries to legislate "family values" consistently is found doing things not considered to be keeping up with those values.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
whoa, he started off light and then started hitting haymakers.

Yeah, there was a moment in there when Stewart really pivoted and drilled his point in hard and started talking about the "selective outrage machine." O'Reilly was reeling and couldn't explain how Stewart's example wasn't EXACTLY THE SAME and Stewart went ahead and spelled it out.

Scott Walker, Man of the People, cracking down on unconstitutional visitation rights for homosexuals.

Gov. Scott Walker believes a new law that gives gay couples hospital visitation rights violates the state constitution and has asked a judge to allow the state to stop defending it.

The registries allow same-sex couples to take family and medical leave to care for a seriously ill partner, make end-of-life decisions and have hospital visitation rights. But according to Fair Wisconsin, they still confer only about a quarter of the rights associated with marriage, lacking provisions to allow couples to file joint tax returns or adopt children together.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
no way. that HAS to be a joke. that is just so dang funny and frankly not something I would expect from an incumbent president.

They couldn't get the Barack Obama website if it wasn't a joke. Legit.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
no way. that HAS to be a joke. that is just so dang funny and frankly not something I would expect from an incumbent president.

That billion dollar re-election fund isn't going to make itself...