• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 8, 2009 -> 03:03 PM)
Obama is an elitist for ordering spicy mustard instead of ketchup.

This is the excellent political commentary I've come to expect from Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

-Voltaire

And if Colbeeeeeeeeeeert and Stewart would have done the same thing, it would be the funniest s*** ever.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 8, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
And if Colbeeeeeeeeeeert and Stewart would have done the same thing, it would be the funniest s*** ever.

FYI - They are comedians on Comedy Central.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 8, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
FYI - They are comedians on Comedy Central.

FYI - they do the same damn things that Hannity, Limbaugh, and Ingrahm do - it's called sarcasm... but of course in your mind that makes the Comedy Central stuff ok. I see, it's different somehow. See, they get to hide behind that "comedy" thing when in reality it is exactly the same thing.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 8, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
FYI - they do the same damn things that Hannity, Limbaugh, and Ingrahm do - it's called sarcasm... but of course in your feeble mind that makes the Comedy Central stuff ok. I see, it's different somehow.

So they weren't making fun of Obama for liking Dijon? They actually don't find anything wrong with that and it was just an attempt at some random humor?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 8, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
So they weren't making fun of Obama for liking Dijon? They actually don't find anything wrong with that and it was just an attempt at some random humor?

Take it how you want to, but I can clearly see that it was humorous to them by the way they said it.

And I shouldn't have said "feeble mind". Sorry. I edited my post.

Kap,

What you are saying would be the equivalent of comparing The Onion to the Chicago Tribune.

One is a news outlet that is explicitly satirical and comedic in nature, not to be taken seriously.

The other, while it may some times have humor, is a news source that is supposed to be reporting the news.

I just watched the clip, in my opinion they were trying to make Obama look "elitist" by saying that he ordered "fancy" mustard and also showing the Grey Poupon commercial where rich people are using it.

I dont watch this show normally, but are their segments generally satirical in nature?

Because if they are a comedy/satire show its one thing, but if its a news source then I guess Im confused as to why they are putting on a comedy show.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 8, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
FYI - they do the same damn things that Hannity, Limbaugh, and Ingrahm do - it's called sarcasm... but of course in your mind that makes the Comedy Central stuff ok. I see, it's different somehow. See, they get to hide behind that "comedy" thing when in reality it is exactly the same thing.

I don't buy that - who are they mocking with sarcasm? Themselves? Who else says things like that?

And for the record,

clearly, CLEARLy, the most eggregious thing was ordering a burger medium well. WTF.

Ketchup on a burger is disgusting. Spicy mustard is soooo much better. So 1/2 ain't bad.

Nothing gets more tiring than the equivocation done by the "conservatives" on this board.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 8, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
And for the record,

clearly, CLEARLy, the most eggregious thing was ordering a burger medium well. WTF.

Ketchup on a burger is disgusting. Spicy mustard is soooo much better. So 1/2 ain't bad.

Nothing gets more tiring than the equivocation done by the "conservatives" on this board.

And the hypocritical part is you all do the same damn thing. But you hide it by straw man arguments.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 8, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
I don't buy that - who are they mocking with sarcasm? Themselves? Who else says things like that?

Oh come on. Use your brain and take the lib goggles off for a minute. - you are way smarter then this post. They are using sarcasm as a means to show Obama "being one of the common folks" by mocking his mustard selection. OF COURSE no one gives a s***, including them, they are only making a sarcastic tone about it. But since it's a "conservative" (quotes for bmags) of course they are asshats and dickheads and b****es who are drop dead SERIOUSSSSSSSSSS about this. Please. You all want so bad to villify the other side when people hide behind their "comedy" by mocking the same exact s*** by "conservatives". And, Hannity, Ingrahm, Limbaugh, are NOT news sources, you all are REALLY quick to remind us all of that.

Youve used a lot of generalizations in the last two posts.

I doubt that you can find one instance where ive done any of the things mentioned.

The point of the piece (imo) was to try and make Obama out to be an elitist.

Once again, I have never watched this show, so do they generally do "humor" or "satire"?

Because I thought it was a real news show, but now im being told its like The Daley Show or The Colbert report, which are not real news shows.

Is it worth pointing out that the Daily Show actually did a bit on this on Wednesday....and the whole point of the bit was making fun of the fact that the media was spending time on it? Hell, they broke out Dan Rather and put him in a funny wig.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart M - Th 11p / 10c
Where's the Chief?
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic Crisis Political Humor

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart M - Th 11p / 10c
Nixon Has a Burrito
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic Crisis Political Humor

I don’t need some judge sitting up there feeling bad for my opponent because of their life circumstances or their condition. And short changing me and my opportunity to get fair treatment under the law. Crazy nonsense empathetic. I’ll give you empathy. Empathize right on your behind. Craziness.
You already know who.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
Oh come on. Use your brain and take the lib goggles off for a minute. - you are way smarter then this post. They are using sarcasm as a means to show Obama "being one of the common folks" by mocking his mustard selection. OF COURSE no one gives a s***, including them, they are only making a sarcastic tone about it. But since it's a "conservative" (quotes for bmags) of course they are asshats and dickheads and b****es who are drop dead SERIOUSSSSSSSSSS about this. Please. You all want so bad to villify the other side when people hide behind their "comedy" by mocking the same exact s*** by "conservatives". And, Hannity, Ingrahm, Limbaugh, are NOT news sources, you all are REALLY quick to remind us all of that.

Yawn... where do you draw all these ridiculous conclusions about me from? Find me an example where I've done something like whatever you're talking about (I'm not even sure I know to be honest), ever.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 8, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)
Yawn... where do you draw all these ridiculous conclusions about me from? Find me an example where I've done something like whatever you're talking about (I'm not even sure I know to be honest), ever.

The first sentance is for you. The rest is collective, not necessarily you. However, you did make the comment that I commented about.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 9, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
The first sentance is for you. The rest is collective, not necessarily you. However, you did make the comment that I commented about.

Fair enough, I'm sure you recognize that I don't get into those kinds of arguments most of the time.

Kap, you've gone off the deep end.

You're right, Hannity, Rush, et. al. are not news sources. Someone needs to inform their listeners of that. If they want to label themselves as court jesters, as TDS and Colbert do, there wouldn't be anything to talk about there.

Where was the mocking of GWB when he posted this recipe on the white house website?

President and Laura Bush's Deviled Eggs Recipe

12 large eggs, boiled hard and peeled

1 Tbsp (plus) soft butter

1 Tbsp (plus) mayonnaise

1 Tbsp Dijon mustard

1/2 tsp Yucatan Sunshine Habanero sauce

Salt to taste

Cut eggs in half and set aside. Put egg yolks in food processor and add all ingredients. Process for 20 seconds or until mixture has blended. Check for taste and increase mustard, salt or Habanero sauce if desired. Place mixture in piping bag with star tip and pipe into egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley. Chill for about an hour before serving.

Note about Yucatan Sunshine Habanero sauce: Habanero is a type of hot sauce, which can be substituted with Tabasco sauce. Yucatan Sunshine and other brands of the sauce can be purchased at most local supermarkets nationwide. The Bushes used the Yucatan Sunshine Habanero when living in Texas, and now the White House chef uses the sauce in a variety of recipes.

hmmm... oops!

The President’s Name Trips Up Amazon Kindle

The Amazon Kindle, an electronic reader, has been lavished with praise by hopeful newspaper and book executives who say they believe it has the potential to do for newspapers and books what the iPod did for music.

But if the Kindle, which not only displays the news but also speaks it with a computerized voice, is ever to be the savior of print media, it needs to bone up on its pronunciation.

In particular, the voice of the Kindle mispronounces two important words that show up often in the pages of newspapers: “Barack” (the device rhymes it with “black”) and “Obama” (sounds like “Alabama”).

When asked about the error in pronouncing the president’s name, Jeffrey P. Bezos, chief executive of Amazon.com, said, with his trademark laugh, “that’s unfortunate.”

The next day, an Amazon spokesman, Andrew Herdener, wrote in an e-mail message that Nuance Communications, the Massachusetts-based company that licenses its text-to-speech engine to Amazon for the Kindle, had added the correct pronunciation of the president’s name.

“Nuance has updated its dictionary, which we plan to include in an upcoming wireless update to Kindle devices,” he wrote.

Meet the 44th President: Black Alabama!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Well, to be fair, George and Laura should've let the future cook know before hand you'd need paprika. We aren't all rich ELITISTS with pounds of paprika just available in our butler rooms. Jeezee.

"Now Sasha and Malia aren't here tonight, because they're grounded. You can't just take Air Force One on a joyride to Manhattan. I don't care whose kids you are."

-The President during his comedy routine last night.