The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

This is why agency heads are political appointees. It's mostly bulls***. There is honestly no difference whatsoever between Republicans and Democrats in this regard.

Edited by lostfan

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
This is why agency heads are political appointees. It's mostly bulls***. There is honestly no difference whatsoever between Republicans and Democrats in this regard.

Exactly.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
your guys news newtwork (CNN) is STILL 100% Michael Jackson coverage.

Yeah it's annoying as hell but people keep watching it. CNN tends to oversaturate and be happy about it. They went completely apes*** over the swine flu thing.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
Yeah it's annoying as hell but people keep watching it. CNN tends to oversaturate and be happy about it. They went completely apes*** over the swine flu thing.

Michael Jackson is probably big ratings for them I guess. You know that commercial they like to run about how they are 'totally news, total integrity, bla bla'? they actually played that a few times in between the wall to wall Jackson coverage when I was watching. That was pretty funny.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
Michael Jackson is probably big ratings for them I guess. You know that commercial they like to run about how they are 'totally news, total integrity, bla bla'? they actually played that a few times in between the wall to wall Jackson coverage when I was watching. That was pretty funny.

TMZ > CNN for this kind of s***. But TMZ has higher ratings then CNN lately, so maybe they're trying to emulate. :lol:

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
We're a celebrity-obsessed culture. American culture in this decade (people famous for being famous, reality TV, American Idol running past its peak) really blows, I'd like the 90s back.

Yea, except we would have to go through all this crap again.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
:lolhitting

Now what's even funnier - you can tell Obama is just trying to walk around to pose for the pictures. But look at Sarkozy. He's starting at that lady.

Silvio Berlusconi would have been all over that.

Uh oh!

Bush surveillance program extended well beyond just warrentless wiretapping

A new internal government report says President George W. Bush authorized secret intelligence activities shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that went beyond wiretapping without court orders.

Details of those activities remain classified, but are referred to in the newly released report as the President's Surveillance Program.

Congress required the review of the warrantless wiretapping program by five inspectors general last year when it revised the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

FISA is the 30-year-old law that created a secret court to oversee the government's electronic surveillance.

The Bush White House acknowledged in 2005 that it intercepted international communications that passed through U.S. wires without court orders. The program is popularly known as "warrantless wiretapping."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1943451:date=Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:16 PM:name=BearSox)-->
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
<!--quotec-->Barack Obama likes big butts and he cannot lie:

415_Obama_girl.jpg

I loved how Sarkozy KEEPS staring through the whole clip. Dirty frenchard.

WHAT THE HELL?

(Columnist David) BROOKS: You know, all three of us spend a lot of time covering politicians and I don’t know about you guys, but in my view, they’re all emotional freaks of one sort or another. They’re guaranteed to invade your personal space, touch you. I sat next to a Republican senator once at dinner and he had his hand on my inner thigh the whole time. I was like, ehh, get me out of here.

HARWOOD: What?

BROOKS: I can only imagine what happens to you guys.

O’DONNELL: Sorry, who was that?

BROOKS: I’m not telling you, I’m not telling you.

Video at link of interview.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1943478:date=Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:13 PM:name=kapkomet)-->
QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
<!--quotec-->:lolhitting

Now what's even funnier - you can tell Obama is just trying to walk around to pose for the pictures. But look at Sarkozy. He's starting at that lady.

Silvio Berlusconi would have been all over that.

bahahaha I knew Berlusconi was bad but not THAT bad. That's my kinda guy.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)

Spencer Ackerman has spent today going through that report. Some of the highlights:

-The report found that Answers provided to Congress by then Attorney General Gonzalez were "confusing, inaccurate, and had the effect of misleading those who were not knowledgeable about the program."

-"Most" of the work done had no connection to terrorism but the surveillance was done anyway.

-The CIA conveniently never took the time to investigate what it was doing and whether or not it was either legal or effective.

-There was for a long time only 1 person at the entire DOJ who knew what the CIA was up to: John Yoo, at the office of legal counsel. His boss at the OLC didn't even get the full report of what was being done. Once others at the DOJ learned about whatever program this was, they objected to it. Their objections were then kept from the President for at least a period of weeks while the program's renewal was being discussed.

Mighty impressive. Whatever they were doing, they worked HARD covering their tracks.