• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Orly Taitz is a psycho, that interview was painful to watch but I fought off the urge to close it halfway through. I honestly wonder what she has to do to get disbarred? When you look into her it's clear she has no respect for the law, courts, legal process, judges, anything like that. She even accused John Roberts of treason for not backing her crazy ass. lol.

The Supreme Court ruled on the one-parent citizenship thing like 150 years ago. And, by the way, nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about needing both parents as Americans.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Orly Taitz is a psycho, that interview was painful to watch but I fought off the urge to close it halfway through. I honestly wonder what she has to do to get disbarred?

Pull the wrong tooth.

This was brought up by a poster n DIgg:

The law that permitted the issuing of a birth certificate after the fact from an application by the parent of a foreign born child was passed 21 years after Obama was born, and requires the listing of the (foreign) place of birth.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
What percentage of people who assert that the President was born in Kenya can locate Kenya on a map? It would be a simple test; just show them a blank map of the world with all the countries' borders.

What percentage of Americans in general could do that? 10%? Hell, some people still think Africa's a country.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
What percentage of Americans in general could do that? 10%? Hell, some people still think Africa's a country.

I actually didn't know Korea was by Japan and wasn't close to Vietnam until I was like 20. Shame on me.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
I actually didn't know Korea was by Japan and wasn't close to Vietnam until I was like 20. Shame on me.

Not really your fault though. All we ever learn about in school is America, England, Western Europe and Russia (but only when Russia did stuff concerning Europe).

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 09:50 AM)
Not really your fault though. All we ever learn about in school is America, England, Western Europe and Russia (but only when Russia did stuff concerning Europe).

Yeah that's true. I learned the same stuff every year. Go over ancient civilizations like Egypt and Babylon in the first quarter, then Greece, Persia, and Rome, then discovery of the New World, then the American Revolution, World War I, and World War II. I don't actually think we even got as far as the Nixon administration in grade school. We'd just go into more detail as the years went on or emphasize different things.

I also didn't ever realize Mesopotamia and the Tigris/Euphrates was in Iraq until I was actually right there. My first week in the country and we were organizing a convoy, and the guy said "we'll be crossing the Tigris at this point" and I thought whoa... my whole life I've never put 2 and 2 together there.

Yeah, everything is Western-Europe centric until the 17th century and then we switch to America-centric. Even the "World History" elective I took in high school focused primarily on the ancient Mediterranean.

Hell, the etymology of "Mediterranean" tells you where our viewpoint of history is focused.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 07:29 AM)
Let them dig their own grave.

Woo hoo. Let's just play politics as usual. Oh wait, hope and change, nevermind.

Seriously - this is all so stupid. There's much more important crap to be talking about, and this isn't one of them, from either side.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:38 AM)
Woo hoo. Let's just play politics as usual. Oh wait, hope and change, nevermind.

Seriously - this is all so stupid. There's much more important crap to be talking about, and this isn't one of them, from either side.

What would you do if you were him? These people live in some other version of reality where they can't be convinced. He could release his "original copy" or his "long form" or whatever and they'd still be crying. They are more willing to believe the phony Kenyan birth certificate was authentic and his Hawaiian one wasn't. Hilarious.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)
What would you do if you were him? These people live in some other version of reality where they can't be convinced. He could release his "original copy" or his "long form" or whatever and they'd still be crying. They are more willing to believe the phony Kenyan birth certificate was authentic and his Hawaiian one wasn't. Hilarious.

As I said. Both sides of this are pathetic. This was dealt with a year ago when it first became a question. EVERYONE involved needs to STFU and go on. Now, Obama's "better to let his opponents commit political suicide" (as I've seen it written). I'm reminded of this:

(screeching) I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic, and we should stand up and say, "WE ARE AMERICANS AND WE HAVE A RIGHT TO DEBATE AND DISAGREE WITH ANY ADMINISTRATION!"

Maybe not on this particular topic because it's not even a relevent issue in reality, but the point remains -hope and change that your political opponents "kill themselves off (metaphorically, of course). We are supposed to just behave like sheep and accept Messianic policy. Now, of course, it's disingenuous and "lies" when the shoe's on the other foot.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
As I said. Both sides of this are pathetic. This was dealt with a year ago when it first became a question. EVERYONE involved needs to STFU and go on. Now, Obama's "better to let his opponents commit political suicide" (as I've seen it written). I'm reminded of this:

Maybe not on this particular topic because it's not even a relevent issue in reality, but the point remains -hope and change that your political opponents "kill themselves off (metaphorically, of course). We are supposed to just behave like sheep and accept Messianic policy. Now, of course, it's disingenuous and "lies" when the shoe's on the other foot.

a) If your opponent is self-immolating why would you want to stop them? That's insanity.

B) Why do you readily assume that what a poster on Soxtalk says is what Obama is thinking?

c) How on earth is the administration being pathetic? The entire thing is ludicrous, they addressed it last summer, and now they're ignoring it. If their opponents look like jackasses, that's not the administration's problem.

Edited by lostfan

It's kind of like Sarah Palin.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO she's acting stupid! YEAAA! YEA FOR ME!!!!! WOOOT!

The whole discourse is pathetic. Let's be "excited" for people acting like morons because it makes my guy look better! Oh wait, that's why Biden's our VP now. Nevermind, I get it.

For me, Sarah Palin is like looking at a train wreck. I find the birthers fascinating because they're just plain insane (if a tad scary), it's like a case study in cognitive dissonance. However, IF Obama were to be found ineligible to be president, that would mean Joe Biden is the president. Are they sure they want that? That would be epic.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:40 AM)
It's kind of like Sarah Palin.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO she's acting stupid! YEAAA! YEA FOR ME!!!!! WOOOT!

The whole discourse is pathetic. Let's be "excited" for people acting like morons because it makes my guy look better! Oh wait, that's why Biden's our VP now. Nevermind, I get it.

What, exactly, is Obama doing wrong here? Like you said, he released his COLB over a year ago now and the State of Hawaii, including their Republican governor, have repeatedly said it is valid and accurate.