• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
What, exactly, is Obama doing wrong here? Like you said, he released his COLB over a year ago now and the State of Hawaii, including their Republican governor, have repeatedly said it is valid and accurate.

Nevermind. I can't obviously make the point here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Seriously Kap, you're actually trying to blame Obama in part for people refusing to believe Obama is a citizen?

Well it's his fault for not having been born at Rockefeller Plaza on New Year's Eve and having his birth televised. That would be the only way I would trust that he's an American citizen.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
Well it's his fault for not having been born at Rockefeller Plaza on New Year's Eve and having his birth televised. That would be the only way I would trust that he's an American citizen.

Dropping the Kaperbole here...serious point...on the Colbert Report, our dentist/lawyer Orly Taitz (did I spell that right? didn't bother checking) was asked what, if anything, the President could do to prove it to her. She answered that there was nothing he could do that she would believe. Then 2 days later she claimed to have received his real birth certificate, and it turns out to be as obvious of a forgery as the CBS documents were. It's literally a case where the people who have decided to believe it will accept anything that seemingly backs up their case and will never accept anything that disagrees, regardless of evidence.

This is so Childish...

RNC Rolling Complaint Phone Calls back to DNC

The RNC is auto-directing the phone calls they're receiving as part of a new DNC P.R. campaign back to the DNC, making for a blizzard of phone calls at both national committees.

According to DNC spokesman Hari Sevugan, those prompted to call the RNC by a web ad the Dems released this morning are given a list of automated options. The first instructs the caller to press "1" if they're calling about the DNC ad. The phone then rings for a period before rolling over to the DNC. The second option, though, does allow individuals to speak to the constituent department at the RNC.

Sevugan called the move "juvenile" and said it proves that Republicans don't want to discuss health care and would rather ignore those who disagree with them.

RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said the Dems are trying to "divert attention" from the opposition to President Obama's health care efforts.

"We wanted to make sure that callers who believe only ‘rabid extremists’ are opposing the president’s health care plan have the opportunity to express those concerns to the DNC," said Gitcho.

via Sullivan

A Canadian reader writes:

I was struck by two different views of America yesterday. On the one hand the Town Hall protesters who seemed elderly,white,scared and come across as unwilling to listen, and on the other hand the two freed journalists who seemed young,with ethnically diverse families and friends, and came across as generous and open minded.

The first group has become emblematic of the Republican party. The second group were surrounded by Democrats. Is there any doubt which party is winning the battle for the future?

Not sure if this deserved its own thread so I dumped it in here.

Apparently, Walmart wasn't satisfied with being the top media-manipulating, union-busting, soul-sucking, Nazi cake-decorating crappy-Chinese-products selling store in America. Now it's preying on Girl Scouts. Walmart has copied two of the group's signature cookies, Thin Mints and Tagalongs, and will soon sell them nationally at lower prices -- sure to cut into the do-gooders' profits, which are generated solely from cookie sales.

LINK

moran has it on point:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/dem-re...2009-08-06.html

"Moran contended that the protesters had little credibility in that “they are being financed by the industry that makes billions of dollars off the current system so that they can pay millions of dollars to lobbyists so those lobbyists can generate a handful of people who will do their bidding out of ignorance, anger or whatever.”

Is it just me or did coverage of Sotomayor being Latina and the constant mentioning of the fact that she grew up in South Bronx projects make it seem like she would sound like Rosie Perez or something? For some reason I expected that the first time I heard her talk but she sounded like any boring legal scholar.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Is it just me or did coverage of Sotomayor being Latina and the constant mentioning of the fact that she grew up in South Bronx projects make it seem like she would sound like Rosie Perez or something? For some reason I expected that the first time I heard her talk but she sounded like any boring legal scholar.

For real. I was expecting her to be smacking bubble gum and wearing giant hoop earrings.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
moran has it on point:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/dem-re...2009-08-06.html

"Moran contended that the protesters had little credibility in that “they are being financed by the industry that makes billions of dollars off the current system so that they can pay millions of dollars to lobbyists so those lobbyists can generate a handful of people who will do their bidding out of ignorance, anger or whatever.”

The protesters feel like they have a right to shout down town hall meetings, and they do, but someone needs to tell them they look and sound like screaming f***ing idiots and their overall contribution to the dialogue is less than worthless.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
For real. I was expecting her to be smacking bubble gum and wearing giant hoop earrings.

lol. I thought I was the only one. She doesn't even have a New York accent. I was actually a little disappointed to be honest.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
The protesters feel like they have a right to shout down town hall meetings, and they do, but someone needs to tell them they look and sound like screaming f***ing idiots and their overall contribution to the dialogue is less than worthless.

The questions in that handout FreedomWorks® are all along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
The questions in that handout FreedomWorks® are all along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

I never thought I'd hate the word "freedom" so much, but it's a corrupted, meaningless word ever since it got hijacked and used as propaganda.