The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
Proved 1 thing...they didn't contain the proof Dick Cheney said they contained.

I already knew Cheney was talking out of his ass though. That's just a sunk cost whenever his name is brought up, factored into the equation already.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Proved 1 thing...they didn't contain the proof Dick Cheney said they contained.

You're so quick to believe what you want to where any of this stuff is concerned. There's still a lot of junk not released and who the heck knows when it will be.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
You're so quick to believe what you want to where any of this stuff is concerned. There's still a lot of junk not released and who the heck knows when it will be.

This is why I said the status quo hasn't changed though. The right will say "see!" and the left will say "see!" The document is ambiguous as hell.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)

You know why? Read Cheney's statement. He didn't reference anything else secret. He didn't do anything that acknowledge what was actually in those documents. He basically admitted that they didn't show what they said he showed, but then tried to obscure it by putting out a perfectly worded statement. Even he knew that the jig was up. If there was anything else in there that they'd gotten from what they'd done to the U.S., he'd have made another vague reference to it and the media would have went along.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
You know why? Read Cheney's statement. He didn't reference anything else secret. He didn't do anything that acknowledge what was actually in those documents. He basically admitted that they didn't show what they said he showed, but then tried to obscure it by putting out a perfectly worded statement. Even he knew that the jig was up. If there was anything else in there that they'd gotten from what they'd done to the U.S., he'd have made another vague reference to it and the media would have went along.

I tend to think like lostfan here.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
What, that Cheney is and always has been FOS?

That the latest release doesn't change anything, and I STILL don't think people know the whole story of anything. It's politicized too badly on both ends. This is the biggest hour glass turd in the last 25 years. Let's keep on stuffing both sides of the hour glass pipe with crap, shall we?

In an interview on NPR this morning, Michael Steele revealed that he does not know what the word "nuanced" means.

Also, he talked out of both sides of his ass the entire time. "Government health care is awful! It'll be the death of us all!" "They want to raid Medicare! It's important to have that last line of health coverage for seniors!" "We can't have government interfering with health care!" "Insurance companies need more regulation!"

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 07:03 AM)
In an interview on NPR this morning, Michael Steele revealed that he does not know what the word "nuanced" means.

Also, he talked out of both sides of his ass the entire time. "Government health care is awful! It'll be the death of us all!" "They want to raid Medicare! It's important to have that last line of health coverage for seniors!" "We can't have government interfering with health care!" "Insurance companies need more regulation!"

Well, to be fair, Obama speaks out of both sides of his ass every time he speaks about it as well.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 08:03 AM)

I really think that conservatives as a whole (the everyday rank and file who listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Palin-listening, Joe the Plumber type people and not necessarily GOP leadership, Steele notwithstanding) don't really know or care about the concept of nuance. They see the world as binary. It's one or the other. Either you support terrorism or you don't. "You're either with us or against us." Logically, if you support terrorism, you need to be arrested/deported/executed/invaded/etc. You're either racist or you're not. The government is bad at everything and the market is always better in every circumstance.

People like me are the opposite which is why I run into walls in arguments a lot. I see things in a vacuum and everything as a result of some other circumstance or set of circumstances. Things may be interconnected, or they may not be. To me, falling on "this or that" without knowing all the details is cutting corners. This is why I can tell someone the difference between, say, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and pre-2001 Afghanistan. It also helps avoid making false equivalencies (e.g., Jeremiah Wright and the KKK).

Edited by lostfan

In the interview, Steele was using both nuanced positions (there's role for goverment regulation) and black-and-white polemics (government suxorz!). Steve Inskeep asked him about the difference and he got offended. "Nuance" is a dirty word in Republican circles, I guess. Maybe Steele genuinely does not know what that word means.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=112281170

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
This is great:

Glenn Beck goes on a rant using "hidden words" about Obama and how they all have a deep meaning, then cant figure out how to spell Oligarchy properly...

OLIGARHY is not a word!

*YAWN*

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
This is great:

Glenn Beck goes on a rant using "hidden words" about Obama and how they all have a deep meaning, then cant figure out how to spell Oligarchy properly...

OLIGARHY is not a word!

awesome.. beck is such a jag