• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
Heaven forbid he not be a left wing fundamentalist.

yeah, k, well since we want more left wing politicians, we hate bayh. Further, he just sets a lot of arbitrary, contrarian stances to bills just to seem "centrist"

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
So if you are far to the left you must be a "nutbag" or "fundamentalist"?

I removed nutbag because it wasnt what I meant to say. By fundamentalist, I meant someone who is in lock step with the ideology of the far left. I've spent months complaining about the GOP trying to "purge" it self with anyone who isnt in lock step with the far right ideology. I think it's stupid to rejoice over some on your side retiring because they didnt completely agree with the far left ideology 100% of the time. I LOVE the fact that the democratic party is a more open umbrella than the GOP.

FOr the record, I am not a huge fan of him either (I remember the story told on here about how much of a D-Bag he is). Just making the argument that sometimes it's better to have someone on your side, even if he isnt completely with you.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
FOr the record, I am not a huge fan of him either (I remember the story told on here about how much of a D-Bag he is). Just making the argument that sometimes it's better to have someone on your side, even if he isnt completely with you.

I wonder, having watched the last year, whether Ben Nelson, Joe Lieberman, and similar folks have done more to hurt the Democratic party than they would have had they been outright republicans saying 100% no on everything. We're in this funny zone right now where the people who benefit from no action on anything are the people who currently have all the money, and pretty much any change would wind up hurting them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
The deadline to file to run for the Senate in Indiana is this Friday.

Thanks Evan. Really gives us a lot of time to recruit a top tier contender.

As long as he's looking out for himself, as always, then who cares.