Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. What a complete douche.

We have our first Republican taking credit for the health care reform bill!

Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA), who voted against the bill, has denounced it repeatedly, and who was a critical factor in gumming up negotiations in the Senate last summer, issued a press release today touting his authorship of an obscure provision in the bill:

In 2009, he drafted legi
s
lative reform
s
and
s
ucceeded in per
s
uading the Democratic majority to include
s
everal of the reform
s
in the new health care law.

... that he then voted against!

LINK

GOP: No Business after 2pm

Senate Republicans fuming over the passage of health care reform are now refusing to work past 2 p.m. -- a tactic they can employ by invoking a little-known Senate rule.

On Wednesday, the Judiciary Committee was forced to cancel a hearing as was the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)tweeted today : "Disappointed. Rs refusing to allow hearings today. Had to cancel my oversight hearing on police training contracts in Afghanistan."

Sen. Mark Udall also complained that he had to delay a hearing on the cause of Western forest fires.

Making good on Sen. John McCain's threat to withhold all Republican cooperation from Democrats in the Senate in retribution for the majority party using reconciliation to pass health care reform, the GOP used an obscure rule that states committees can only meet when the chamber is in session with the unanimous consent of all members. That consent has almost never been withheld -- until now.

via The Onion

Texas' New Textbooks

Because of a belief that academia skews too far to the left, the Texas Board of Education voted 10 to 5 in favor of buying history and social studies textbooks that adhere to a more conservative ideology. Here are some of the changes they are mandating:

* Inserting paragraph clarifying that the poor guy Rosa Parks wouldn't give up her seat for was on crutches and really needed to give his dogs a rest; also, he later died

* More focus on civic issues, particularly the separation of church and infidel

* Discussion of the debate between liberal and conservative geologists about what constitutes an "igneous" rock

* Tamping down traditional pro-Stalin stance

* Special ethnic world history appendix

* Expanded section on Latino contribution to American landscaping

* Dividing number of Vietnamese civilian casualties by two due to their small stature

* Christopher Columbus was for lower taxes but all the Native Americans he encountered wanted to do was spend, spend, spend

Infographic-Classroom-R_jpg_445x1000_ups

Bart Stupak Received Threatening Messages for Health Care Vote

"Congressman Stupak, you baby-killing mother f***er... I hope you bleed out your a**, got cancer and die, you mother f***er," one man says in a message to Stupak.

"There are millions of people across the country who wish you ill," a woman says in a voicemail, "and all of those thoughts that are projected on you will materialize into something that's not very good for you."

CBS News also obtained copies of faxes sent to Stupak, which include racial epithets used in reference to President Obama and show pictures of nooses with Stupak's name.

Hoyer says that about 10 Democrats have requested extra security for their families after last weekend's vote, and specifically called out (although not by name) a posting showing "Targets" identifying Dems who voted for the bill (something that appeared on Palin's facebook Page).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Both sides of that stupid argument need to stop telling each other what to eat or preaching why what they eat is bad, or how, or where. Nobody cares.

Stop speaking for the entire human race. Lots of people care about what they eat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Stop speaking for the entire human race. Lots of people care about what they eat.

I didn't speak for the entire human race.

I never said you can't care about what you eat.

I said NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT ARGUMENT. It NEVER resolves itself.

What needs to stop, is you need to a) stop putting words in peoples mouths, and B) acting like a democratic god of all and telling people what they should and shouldn't do, and last but not least, c) stop jumping to idiotic conclusions on what people say without f***ing asking them first.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
I didn't speak for the entire human race.

I never said you can't care about what you eat.

What needs to stop, is you need to a) stop putting words in peoples mouths, and B) acting like a democratic god of all and telling people what they should and shouldn't do, and last but not least, c) stop jumping to idiotic conclusions on what people say without f***ing asking them first.

And what you need to do is go on a vacation or get some counseling on anger management.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
And what you need to do is go on a vacation or get some counseling on anger management.

I'm not angry whatsoever.

And I guarantee I go on more vacations than you.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
You did? I didn't see those words.

I did. I was still speaking about the same subject, in the same context. Why you think I suddenly broke context and decided to speak for the entire world as to not caring about what they eat is beyond me. It was another example of you jumping to conclusions without thinking first.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
Ok folks...let's cool it.

Totally. I need to stop saying things like this:

stop jumping to idiotic conclusions on what people say without f***ing asking them first.

Oh wait. That wasn't me.