The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
C'mon, Balta.

Sandra Bullock was a trivial lead-in to a piece about how the quality of one's marriage is a greater factor in happiness than professional success. At no point does he imply people (much less women, or Bullock specifically) should stay home and make babies rather than work.

C'mon...of COURSE he chose a woman as his example. See, women? You see what comes as a result of you chasing after personal growth and success? You're men will cheat on you because you aren't there.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice little dig by Obama:

When you actually loo
k
at the bill it
s
elf, it incorporate
s
all
s
of Republican idea
s
. I mean a lot of commentator
s
have
s
aid thi
s
i
s
s
ort of
s
imilar to the bill that Mitt Romney, the Republican Governor and now pre
s
idential candidate, pa
s
s
ed in Ma
s
s
achu
s
ett
s

Romney has been scrambling to distance himself from Obama's plan and not get stuck on the wrong side of a litmus test issue for conservatives, so Obama's helpful reminder that the two plans are similar is like throwing a drowning man an anchor.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
Can we get a thread on the student loans topic? I too am curious as to how this all works. What has changed in the loan process? Will my loans be effected?

It sounds like if your loans are >10% of i then they can be adjusted downwards.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Kinda like Obama distanced himself from himself on forcing people to buy health insurance?

if obama runs against his signature legislation in 2012 then you'll have a point.

You Didn Get Mad When!...

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate

energy policy.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city, New Orleans, drown.

You didn't get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich.

You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans...oh hell no.

Waterboard the Christian militia loons!

Not really. I don't believe in torture. Still, I wonder how people who do believe in waterboarding terrorism suspects to make 'em tell what they know would feel about applying that technique to the nine members of the fanatical Christian militia arrested in Michigan on terrorism charges. Here's a promotional video the Christian militia produced. Looks a lot like Islamic terrorist recruitment videos:

This bunch doesn't look like it could fly airplanes into towers. They look like they could drive a K car through the door of a Kwikee Mart. Still, glad they're in jail tonight.

via

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
WHAT THE?!?! what was I responding to?

I think you read something in the environment thread and than responded to it here. That or you lost your mind.

Edited by GoSox05

If you read Greenwald's blog today (BS I'm sure you did) he ripped my employer pretty good. He is knowledgeable on the subject but he has an outsider's perspective and he skews it hard to make it sound like private intelligence contractors are soulless, evil people that are unaccountable to the law and taking over the government. This isn't true at all. Contracting and consulting is a legit business, the federal government pays contractors for practical purposes, and we have to follow the same rules that we would if we were government employees. Put in even more simple legal terms: these companies have a contract with the government and if they fail to meet the terms, which includes following certain rules, then there are definitely bad consequences.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
these companies have a contract with the government and if they fail to meet the terms, which includes following certain rules, then there are definitely bad consequences.

At least in the last administration, usually those bad consequences were another, larger contract.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
At least in the last administration, usually those bad consequences were another, larger contract.

In Iraq, anyway. That's a whole other animal entirely, that was like the Wild West in the first half of the Bush Administration.