• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
But Democrats wouldn't know anything about that.

Sadly, that's obviously not the case. See today's decision to offer up the rape of our coastal environment to appease the opposition as the most recent case in point.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Sadly, that's obviously not the case. See today's decision to offer up the rape of our coastal environment to appease the opposition as the most recent case in point.

You are stupid enough (which I know you're not stupid) to think that he's doing this to appease the GOP? :lolhitting

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
You are stupid enough (which I know you're not stupid) to think that he's doing this to appease the GOP? :lolhitting

I don't have a clue as to why he's doing it. That we can't drill our way to energy independence is a statement of fact, as is the reality that none of this will help combat $3+ gas this summer, next summer, or any of the next 8 or 9 summers after that. The gamesmanship, the "rope-a-dope" hypothesis set forth earlier. . . none of it justifies or excuses the total backwards thinking of this announced strategy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
well it isn't to appease the democrats.

He's already told Congress that he has his lawyers taking care of the issue. Funny how the lawsuits were ready to go today about blocking this. Hmmm.

He did this because this was the message to Congress to get the cap and trade legislation off of the shelf, and to dupe America into saying he worked with the GOP and they mocked him. Of course they did, because his announcement today means absolutely nothing, and everyone knows it... except those who want it to mean (or look like) something.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
He's already told Congress that he has his lawyers taking care of the issue. Funny how the lawsuits were ready to go today about blocking this. Hmmm.

He did this because this was the message to Congress to get the cap and trade legislation off of the shelf, and to dupe America into saying he worked with the GOP and they mocked him. Of course they did, because his announcement today means absolutely nothing, and everyone knows it... except those who want it to mean (or look like) something.

If he opens up off-shore drilling but there are legitimate legal challenges to implementing any of it, it means that the talking point dies.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:07 AM)
It's a great way to fizzle away the political capital of your base after a huge victory with health care.

He knows his base isn't going anywhere. He also knows that what is going to come after this is big funding for renewable energy, and that any offshore drilling, if it even occurs, is years away. He just puts the policy idea out there now, for all the political reasons specified earlier.

You want environmental progress, and you are going to get it - but its not going to be the full-on windfall you would have liked. This is the political reality at present. A fwe hundred billion more dollars for alt energy, and further wild land protection, is going to cost you offshore drilling RESEARCH, and a few nuclear plants. Its called compromise.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:23 AM)
He knows his base isn't going anywhere.

But poll after poll shows much more Republican enthusiasm for likely voters this Fall. Big parts of the base will stay home in November with things like this on the headlines. How about riding some momentum as a strategy?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 08:30 AM)
But poll after poll shows much more Republican enthusiasm for likely voters this Fall. Big parts of the base will stay home in November with things like this on the headlines. How about riding some momentum as a strategy?

Actually, there was a sharp change in those exact polls last week. I'm not sure what exactly changed, but something big happened in the early part of last week, like Sunday through Tuesday.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 07:30 AM)

That IS their strategy, but my calendar says April 1st, not November 1st. Have to set up the run, can't just floor it for 7 months, or you get the opposite effect.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)
Isn't Obama continuing the program or am I mistaken?

Frankly, I don't know well enough what exactly was in "the program" to know whether or not its continuing. We established that they were doing a whole lot of illegal things, but we never figured out what was going on in some of those hidden rooms that AT&T had set up.

The Republican National Committee sent a fundraising mail piece earlier this month with a return number that leads to a phone-sex line offering "live, one-on-one talk with a nasty girl who will do anything you want for just $2.99 per minute."

At the bottom of a piece designed to resemble a census form, a toll-free number is listed next to the national party's address.

A voter in Minnesota received the mailer and called the number intending to complain about the attempt to raise money with a form that looks like a government document.

But the Minnesotan was instead directed to a second toll-free number that greets callers as "sexy guy" before offering them the chance to talk with "real local students, housewives and working girls from all over the country."

The individual then forwarded the mail piece to the voter's congressman, a Democrat, who shared it with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

A spokesman for the RNC declined to say how many copies of the census-style mailer were sent out.

"The number in question was a typographical error by a vendor used on this particular mailer — using 1-800 instead of 202," said RNC Communications Director Doug Heye.

Link.

I now have 2 running theories.

1. George W. Bush was an Iranian agent.

2. Michael Steele is a plant by Obama's version of the "Plumbers".

Terry Lakin: Army Officer Joins Birthers, Defies Orders

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, an Army physician, has refused to obey any orders from his commanding officers -- including President Obama -- until Obama produces his birth certificate.

"Any reasonable person looking critically at the evidence currently in the public domain would have questions about President Obama's claim to be a natural born citizen," Lakin says in the below video released the right-wing American Patriot Foundation. "I will disobey my orders to deploy [to Afghanistan] because I, and I believe all servicemen and women and the American people, deserve the truth about President Obama's constitutional eligibility to the office of the presidency and the commander in chief."

Lakin says this marks the first time during his 18 years in the Army that he has chosen to disobey "what I believe are illegal orders." Evidently he didn't feel the need to personally verify the citizenship of his three previous commanders-in-chief.

Emphasis mine.

Via