• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Burying the lede, an example.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Poli...-107068574.html

The headline

Police Chief, Sergeant Fired After Tea Party Involvement

The lead paragraph in a story on NBC Dallas' website.

The Tawakoni Area Tea Party is up in arms because the police chief and a sergeant at the West Tawakoni Police Department were fired after being involved in the Tea Party.

Sounds cut and dry, right? Get to paragraph 5:

The termination memos mention other alleged infractions by both law enforcement officers including accusations that Schultz drove city equipment to obtain medical treatment, screamed at another city employee in the City Hall parking lot within earshot of the public, lied to federal agents during an investigation, drank booze at a public park and restaurant, drove while intoxicated, slouched at city council meetings, and didn’t discipline Beckett for holding naked pool parties at Beckett’s house.

Besides holding naked pool parties and joining the Tea Party, Beckett’s termination memo also said he drank alcohol in a public park and restaurant, asked a subordinate to follow him and his wife home after they drank too much, didn’t pay his water bill in time, and didn’t properly maintain investigative files and evidence.

(Emphasis mine.)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
She seemingly lies about every little detail of her life. This is just another example.

I'm not sure I'm convinced that it's really that different of a syndrome from any other politician, but applied to her particular persona.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Wow, you all sure get twisted about Sarah Palin pretty easy.

Yeah, I despise her too, but really, I could care less if she has exaggerated her fishing resume. Seriously, the word irrelevant fails to cover how useless this information is.

I'm a lot more concerned that she has shown to be stunningly ignorant on history, polciy, jurisprudence and how the law and the Constitution work, than I am any of this noise.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
lol dude BigSqwert posted an article and another link and that was that.

lol if that was the only Palin post. She get stalked practically by the left. She is an attention whore, and the left is all but too willing to pay the trick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
lol if that was the only Palin post. She get stalked practically by the left. She is an attention whore, and the left is all but too willing to pay the trick.

There isn't as much Palin talk on here as y'all make it sound (and I'm aware I made an anti-Palin post yesterday, only one in months) but you also can't tell me she's not a legitimate political figure.

There's just no way I can read this without chuckling.

A conservative Maryland physician elected to Congress on an anti-Obamacare platform surprised fellow freshmen at a Monday orientation session by demanding to know why his government-subsidized health care plan takes a month to kick in.

Republican Andy Harris, an anesthesiologist who defeated freshman Democrat Frank Kratovil on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, reacted incredulously when informed that federal law mandated that his government-subsidized health care policy would take effect on Feb. 1 – 28 days after his Jan. 3rd swearing-in.

“He stood up and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care,” said a congressional staffer who saw the exchange. The benefits session, held behind closed doors, drew about 250 freshman members, staffers and family members to the Capitol Visitors Center auditorium late Monday morning,”.

“Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap,” added the aide, who was struck by the similarity to Harris’s request and the public option he denounced as a gateway to socialized medicine.

“Although he voted against Obamacare, Mr. Kratovil refuses to commit to its repeal. Dr. Harris understands that the Obama-Pelosi-Hoyer agenda threatens to pull the plug on America's long-term health," Harris said in an Oct. 30 statement. “"In Washington, I will never vote to raise taxes, I will fight to repeal health-care reform, and I will work to balance the budget."

I put this here, because I don't want to start a big gay thread... but some 18 year old lesbians are facing consequences for choosing to be in a relationship and living in Oklahoma.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/20...om_Graduating//

Two female high school students in Oklahoma are firing back at their school for refusing to let them graduate after discovering the two are a couple.

According to KWTV News, 18-year-old Melissa McKenzie said she was kicked out of Del City High School in Del City, Okla., at the beginning of the semester when the principal found out she was living with her girlfriend instead of her family. The principal then told her if she returned to her family's home, she would be welcomed back to school.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
I put this here, because I don't want to start a big gay thread... but some 18 year old lesbians are facing consequences for choosing to be in a relationship and living in Oklahoma.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/20...om_Graduating//

That is appalling.

I have a sudden urge to nuke the world.

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio has gone Hollywood. The Maricopa County Sheriff announced Wednesday that he was teaming up with action movie stars -- including Lou Ferrigno of "Hulk" fame and actor Steven Seagal -- to aid in his anti-illegal immigration crusade.

Ferrigno and Seagal, both real life deputies in other parts of the county, were among the 56 individuals who were sworn in as illegal immigration fighters on Wednesday.

Arpaio's office said the "national known celebrity crime fighters" would join the 60th posse created in the County since Arpaio took office in 1993. All in all, there are nearly 3000 participants in the posses, Arpaio said.