The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Ironically, he's essentially proposing eliminating Medicare for people over 65 and replacing it with what Obamacare sets up for people under 65.

Yeah, that's a large part of the LOL.

"We hate OBAMACARE! REPEAL! And we'll replace it with pretty much exactly the same thing!"

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember that mural that the governor of Maine had painted over because the labor department shouldn't give the impression of being pro-labor?

Turns out the federal government paid for it. And they want their money back.

In a letter first obtained by the Associated Press, Gay Gilbert, a senior U.S. Labor Department official, writes that the federal government appropriated the funds to Maine for the mural.

"We understand, however, that the mural is no longer on display in your headquarters," writes Gilbert. "Thus, it is no longer being used for an administrative purpose permitted by the Reed Act. Accordingly [...] the state must [...] return to its UTF [unemployment Trust Fund] account the amount of the Reed Act funds represented by the mural."

An alternative, Gilbert adds, would be to simply put the mural back up at the Department of Labor or another state employment security building.

A U.S. Department of Labor spokesman explained to The Huffington Post that the federal money was given to the state of Maine for its unemployment insurance fund. But now that the funds are not being spent on their designated use, the state must put back 63.39 percent of the painting's value into its own jobless fund. The fair market value of the painting was $60,000 when the funds were first allocated, but that may have changed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
Remember that mural that the governor of Maine had painted over because the labor department shouldn't give the impression of being pro-labor?

Turns out the federal government paid for it. And they want their money back.

The Department of Labor unfairly represents labor! Take it down!

You cannot make a caricature of Republicans these days.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
I look forward to Sara Palin's comments to McCain after his state is suggesting implementing fines for unhealthy citizens. I mean she has to say something after crucifying Michelle Obama for merely suggesting kids eat healthier, right?

Dude, seriously...I know you're being sarcastic, but why in the world would you look forward to anything Sarah Palin has to say?! Even if for the comedic factor, there are far better stand up comedians out there you should watch, instead.

The ENTIRE left needs to stop obsessing about Palin...she's an idiot. A rich idiot that struck gold while the gettin' was good...but still an idiot.

Now let's move on and ignore her...the world will be better off. I hate watching people like Palin get rich off of people obsessing over her being a leader or being retarded...either way, she wins...and us middle class people LOSE. Stop making idiots like her win. Please. For the love of the world, stop it.

:stick :bang :chair

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
Dude, seriously...I know you're being sarcastic, but why in the world would you look forward to anything Sarah Palin has to say?! Even if for the comedic factor, there are far better stand up comedians out there you should watch, instead.

The ENTIRE left needs to stop obsessing about Palin...she's an idiot. A rich idiot that struck gold while the gettin' was good...but still an idiot.

Now let's move on and ignore her...the world will be better off. I hate watching people like Palin get rich off of people obsessing over her being a leader or being retarded...either way, she wins...and us middle class people LOSE. Stop making idiots like her win. Please. For the love of the world, stop it.

:stick :bang :chair

Nothing would make the mainstream Democrats happier than to have a straight up race between Obama and Palin (or Obama and Bachmann) in 2012.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Nothing would make the mainstream Democrats happier than to have a straight up race between Obama and Palin (or Obama and Bachmann) in 2012.

Well, part of me would be a little scared by the very slim chance one of the two right wing crazies would win.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Well, part of me would be a little scared by the very slim chance one of the two right wing crazies would win.

Obama would have to do something Nixon-like, AND have a serious second recession dip, for that to happen. Extremely unlikely.

Fox News cancels Glenn Beck's show

“I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News,” Beck said in a statement. “I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Which sounds all very congenial. But was Beck actually canceled by Fox News for his plummeting ratings that have dropped more than 40 percent in the cable news demo this year and advertisers boycotting the show? I’m just asking questions…

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Why? His ratings were falling off a cliff, which is why Fox decided not to renew his contract.

If he can tone the conservative angle down he's just another controversial talking head with at least some following. What were his last ratings compared to the 2nd or 3rd option at MSNBC?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
IIRC his ratings were still way higher than anything MSNBC was putting up.

It's not just his ratings. Aside from 3-4 companies, no one, and I mean no one, was dumb enough to buy advertising time with him. That's why 1/2 his ads were for goldline and for survival packs and shelters. No major company wanted to be buying advertising time on his show if one of his fans went on a shooting rampage, or if he said something like "Obama has a deep-seated hatred of white people".

On top of that, the demographics were terrible. Almost as old as O'Reilly's, less educated, lower income.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
It's not just his ratings. Aside from 3-4 companies, no one, and I mean no one, was dumb enough to buy advertising time with him. That's why 1/2 his ads were for goldline and for survival packs and shelters. No major company wanted to be buying advertising time on his show if one of his fans went on a shooting rampage, or if he said something like "Obama has a deep-seated hatred of white people".

On top of that, the demographics were terrible. Almost as old as O'Reilly's, less educated, lower income.

link?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
As soon as anyone ever refers to healthcare as "Obamacare" you can't get me to listen anymore. Anyone else the same way?

That just gives your political views away, but really I probably already knew you were conservative by the time we've gotten to talking about healthcare in the United States. I can tell.