• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While Obama was addressing the nation last night, Donald Trump was hosting a cat-fight between NeNe and Starr Jones, voting off some chick named Hope, and making an "historic" decision to bring back LaToya Jackson.

via

A Hamilton College class and their public policy professor analyzed the predicts of 26 pundits — including Sunday morning TV talkers — and used a scale of 1 to 5 to rate their accuracy. After Paul Krugman, the most accurate pundits were Maureen Dowd, former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “The Bad” list includes Thomas Friedman, Clarence Page, and Bob Herbert.
Hehe. Want to be right on stuff? Be a liberal and avoid law school.

Trump said he wants to call a truce and stop the partisan bickering.

That is funny as hell, the "bickering" was going one way and Obama was ignoring him. Finally Obama responds and it's a nasty combo of b**** slaps that stung (ending in him roasting Trump while an operation was underway to kill Osama bin Laden, and the announcement pre-empts his show the following day). Trump cries uncle at first contact like his name was Cedric Benson.

Lesson learned? Stay in your lane.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 2, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
Trump said he wants to call a truce and stop the partisan bickering.

That is funny as hell, the "bickering" was going one way and Obama was ignoring him. Finally Obama responds and it's a nasty combo of b**** slaps that stung (ending in him roasting Trump while an operation was underway to kill Osama bin Laden, and the announcement pre-empts his show the following day). Trump cries uncle at first contact like his name was Cedric Benson.

Lesson learned? Stay in your lane.

Bigger f*** you from Obama this weekend: Trump, or ISI?

QUOTE (bmags @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
are we totally sold that ISI was complicit?

Its either that or they are worst f***ing spy agency on the planet. I mean worse than Spy vs Spy who always let the other guy blow him up. If that is the case, they need to shutdown and return the tax money that is funding them, because they are a complete fail.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
Its either that or they are worst f***ing spy agency on the planet. I mean worse than Spy vs Spy who always let the other guy blow him up. If that is the case, they need to shutdown and return the tax money that is funding them, because they are a complete fail.

yeah, but it did take US 4 years from really honing in on the courier to finalize this, and i assume they aren't as good as us. There have been fugitives in the US who've also lasted this long and pakistan is far less developed.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
yeah, but it did take US 4 years from really honing in on the courier to finalize this, and i assume they aren't as good as us. There have been fugitives in the US who've also lasted this long and pakistan is far less developed.

I'm not saying we were great, but it also isn't like he just spent 4 years across the street from West Point either.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)

Correction...4 years from getting the guy's name, 2 years or less from actually finding his residence and location.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)

^^This

I read some quotes from Pakistani officials saying this is an intelligence failure and acting embarrassed. LOL I'm not sure which is worse. They've been ADAMANTLY denying bin Laden was in their country for YEARS and then, hey! There he is. Oh s***!

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
^^This

I read some quotes from Pakistani officials saying this is an intelligence failure and acting embarrassed. LOL I'm not sure which is worse. They've been ADAMANTLY denying bin Laden was in their country for YEARS and then, hey! There he is. Oh s***!

And not just in their country or something. He was hiding in a town of like a million and a half people, close to their military training center. He wasn't even on a mountian or in a cave where you can play dumb. He was essentially hanging out in a mansion in the equivalent of downtown Indianapolis.

I think that there are people in the Pakastani govt who may have worked with Osama. But im not sure the entire govt is to blame.

If the facts are true, Osama never left the compound, he never used the phone, he never used computers. Also all of our US intelligence was saying that he was hiding in a secluded location.

He just wasnt doing anything to raise suspicion and hiding in a town of half a million was the exact reason we didnt find him quicker, we just werent looking there.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I think that there are people in the Pakastani govt who may have worked with Osama. But im not sure the entire govt is to blame.

If the facts are true, Osama never left the compound, he never used the phone, he never used computers. Also all of our US intelligence was saying that he was hiding in a secluded location.

He just wasnt doing anything to raise suspicion and hiding in a town of half a million was the exact reason we didnt find him quicker, we just werent looking there.

That's what they say. They knew he was there for a while...

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
We knew he was there for "a while"

Are you reading the news at all? The planners of this gave it a 60-80% chance that he was there on the day of the mission. They didn't KNOW anything. They suspected that someone important was there, and they guessed it was him, and only since last August.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Are you reading the news at all? The planners of this gave it a 60-80% chance that he was there on the day of the mission. They didn't KNOW anything. They suspected that someone important was there, and they guessed it was him, and only since last August.

Yeah, there was a huge risk in being wrong about that. The CIA went and had the evidence reviewed again by an independent team who also agreed with the ~80% likelihood, so they went ahead with the mission.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 4, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)

So we had gathered all this evidence and tracked a courier there, and we only were 80% certain. That doesn't prove any point about why the pakistanis should have known. I'm not saying they didn't. But I'm not so sure they were so obviously hiding that they knew his whereabouts.