• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
No speakers at work. Summary please?

COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie — that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about — the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

3 times question asked, 0 times answered.

Why is she complaining about being mocked? When I think of things she's talked about what comes to mind is a.) her mocking Obama constantly and almost immediately and b.) her repeating the "bridge to nowhere" thing. She shouldn't be surprised that people are going to do it to her.

Also have you ever noticed when she talks about Obama she never calls him by name, she calls him "my opponent"? He's not your opponent Gov. Palin, you're not running against him - lest I need to repeat the conservative apologists' talking points defending the argument that the "experience" argument is now null and void.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
Why is she complaining about being mocked? When I think of things she's talked about what comes to mind is a.) her mocking Obama constantly and almost immediately and b.) her repeating the "bridge to nowhere" thing. She shouldn't be surprised that people are going to do it to her.

Also have you ever noticed when she talks about Obama she never calls him by name, she calls him "my opponent"? He's not your opponent Gov. Palin, you're not running against him - lest I need to repeat the conservative apologists' talking points defending the argument that the "experience" argument is now null and void.

Oh yea. I've been ripping on that since her acceptance speech. So rude and ignorant. He's earned his title as has she. He shows her the proper respect, the very least she could do is the same.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
I actually posted the video to her foreign experience credentials. But that transcript is just as brutal.

Here's the bailout question.

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? ... Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one of my jobs in the trade sector today we've got to look at that more as opportunity all of those things under the umbrella of Job creation.

That's like a remedial POLI course answer, and it'd get an F.

Every answer I have seen her give has been either an attack on "my opponent" or a non-related, ultra-basic-talking-points rambling. She rarely comes close to ever actually answering anything.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 12:31 PM)
Cut taxes when there is a surplus.

So what do you think about 2001, where there was quite a budget surplus in the yearly budget, but where the nation was also sitting looking at a $5 trillion or so pile of accumulated debt at the time?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
That's like a remedial POLI course answer, and it'd get an F.

Every answer I have seen her give has been either an attack on "my opponent" or a non-related, ultra-basic-talking-points rambling. She rarely comes close to ever actually answering anything.

Here I could see her giving this as an actual answer to a hypothetical question:

Q: Governor Palin, what would you do to counter the emergence of China as a major world power?

A: America will remain the most powerful nation on earth, but everything starts with the American economy. In order to ensure that it remains strong and competitive, we must make sure to give hard-working Americans tax breaks, and open drilling in ANWR.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
Here I could see her giving this as an actual answer to a hypothetical question:

Q: Governor Palin, what would you do to counter the emergence of China as a major world power?

A: America will remain the most powerful nation on earth, but everything starts with the American economy. In order to ensure that it remains strong and competitive, we must make sure to give hard-working Americans tax breaks, and open drilling in ANWR.

Those are complete sentences. That'd be a start.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Those are complete sentences. That'd be a start.

The equivalent exchange from Obama would be something like:

COURIC: Senator Obama, why do you feel the alliance with NATO is still relevant today?

OBAMA: Well, you see, what our alliance with these European countries ultimately comes down to is our shared values as societies, and our long tradition of democracy. So this is why it's important to protect our civil liberties and ensure everyone has access to health care.

A half-assed non-answer to a softball question.

For What It's Worth:

In a world exclusive The NATIONAL ENQUIRER names GOP VP Candidate Sarah Palin's secret lover!

No less than three members of the man’s family including one by sworn affidavit have claimed that Sarah Palin engaged in an extramarital affair with hus­band Todd’s former business partner, Brad Hanson.

These sources have named Hanson as Palin’s secret love, and say their affair nearly wrecked both their marriages.

Hanson owned a snowmobile dealership with Palin’s husband Todd, who immediately dissolved the partnership after he heard stories about the affair, which occurred around 1996, according to the sources. At the time, Palin was mayor of Wasilla.