• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
I kid because I care.

Hey, that seems like a popular line around here. :lol:

Seriously, I guess that's why I'm still highly disappointed in this race. It's the same mudslinging garbage we all see every year, and this is just the beginning...

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 08:15 AM)

Seriously, I guess that's why I'm still highly disappointed in this race. It's the same mudslinging garbage we all see every year, and this is just the beginning...

Remember...they wouldn't do it if it wasn't so successful every single time.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)

It's never going to change, just give up on that idea entirely. The most realistic expectation is that one day we will only have candidates telling only true negatives about their opponent instead of making up false negatives.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
Remember...they wouldn't do it if it wasn't so successful every single time.

$$$

hmmm.... so Spain is in Latin America and Venezuela is in the middle east. odd.

McCain stresses the importance of "ensuring that America is secure, and not dependent on oil from people like Hugo Chavez or other parts of the Middle East which is, we know, could be destabilized under certain sets of circumstances."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 12:22 PM)
In an intelligent proposal, Senator Obama suggests increasing the amount of money the FDIC insures to $250k.

IF we do that (which might not be a bad idea), can we please, for f***ing once, be smart enough to build in an inflationary increase? So that we don't create yet more work for Congress to f*** up later?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
IF we do that (which might not be a bad idea), can we please, for f***ing once, be smart enough to build in an inflationary increase? So that we don't create yet more work for Congress to f*** up later?

That would make too much sense.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 01:25 PM)

And what, pray tell, will Congress of the future due without stuff to f*** up? Can congress exist without f***ing up?

McCain's Newest Ad Takes an Obama quote WAY WAY WAY out of context:

ANNCR: Who's Barack Obama? First, Obama attacked McCain. Then said: BARACK OBAMA: "We've got the long term fundamentals that will really make sure this economy grows." ANNCR: Strong fundamentals? Is Obama saying McCain's right? Or is Obama saying his own attacks are shameless? Either way, Obama's a hypocrite.

And here is Obama's actual statement, which suggests exactly the opposite of what McCain alleges: mainly, that he believes the country must repair the economy's long-term structure.

[We need] a plan that would extend expiring unemployment benefits. For those Americans who have lost their jobs and have been working hard to find a new one, but haven't found one yet. That's part of the change we need. And then after this immediate problem, we've got the long-term fundamentals that will really make sure this economy grows. Change means tax code that doesn't reward the lobbyists who wrote it, but the American workers and small businesses that deserve it. As President I am going to eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses and start-ups.

This is beyond bad.

So, here's a fun ad, paid for by the RNC, that tries to link Obama's spending plans to the bailout bill in a bad way.

The Republican Party's independent expenditure arm is up with an ad that hints at opposing the bailout, and links Obama's spending plans, in a vague but ominous way, to it.

The ad was expected to air in Indiana and Virginia, along with more traditional battlegrounds of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Now, I wonder why any of these endangered incumbents might think that they'd be hurting themselves if they voted for the bailout package. Totally beyond me how they'd expect anyone to ever use that against them. It's a bipartisan bill after all right? No one will ever use it in attack ads.

Tonight's CBS Palin Brain-oscopy. Governor Palin, which newspapers do you read?

COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this — to stay informed and to understand the world?

PALIN: I’ve read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media —

COURIC: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.

PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.

COURIC: Can you name any of them?

PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
Those interviews with her really remind me of the beauty pageant contestant that had that horrible answer about education.

"And such as....the Iraqs"

I agree. I think I posted the video in this thread earlier. It's on youtube, anyway.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:55 AM)
McCain gets called out by the Des Moines Register for being a liar and wow does he get bristly:

PS: Notice the POW defense shield? ;)

Would someone be so kind to write this up for those of us without speakers at the office?

Be afriad: McCain Turns to Palin for Foreign Policy Advise!!!

NPR: Given what you’ve said Senator, is there an occasion where you could imagine turning to Governor Palin for advice in a foreign policy crisis.

MCCAIN: I’ve turned to her advice many times in the past, I can’t imagine turning to Senator Obama or Senator Biden because they’ve been wrong. They were wrong about Iraq, wrong about Russia –

NPR: But would you turn to Governor Palin?

MCCAIN: I certainly wouldn’t turn to them, and I’ve already turned to Governor Palin particularly on energy issues and I’ve appreciated her background and knowledge on that and many other issues.

Just read this joke about Palin:

A doctor struck up a conversation with an old rancher. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid for vice president. The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Palin is a 'Post Turtle'". Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was. The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle".

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know she didn't get up there by herself, she doesn't belong up there, and she doesn't know what to do while she's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dummy put her up there to begin with".