• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
So on to some local topics, what do people think about Rahm so far?

I actually like that he is trying to reduce costs (credit cards, recycling program), makes me believe that he can hopefully figure out this mess.

From the headlines he sounds like he's doing a lot of things I agree with - cutting the fat and taking on various city unions. Unfortunately I haven't read enough follow-up to determine if he's actually following through with it. Though I did just read he cut like 635 city jobs. It'd be awesome if he fired those worthless traffic department workers that mimic what traffic lights do.

There was a pretty big article in Sunday's paper talking about how he was beefing up the committee on economic development or some sort by adding many new members to it from some of the top local businesses and expanding their direction from just bringing in company headquarters to bringing in more businesses in general to the city.

This is such a smart move as many companies won't/don't want to move their HQ, and there is such a limit to the number of HQ out there. To be able to bring in additional campuses into the Chicago area should be the focus.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
So on to some local topics, what do people think about Rahm so far?

I actually like that he is trying to reduce costs (credit cards, recycling program), makes me believe that he can hopefully figure out this mess.

so far so good

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
From the headlines he sounds like he's doing a lot of things I agree with - cutting the fat and taking on various city unions. Unfortunately I haven't read enough follow-up to determine if he's actually following through with it. Though I did just read he cut like 635 city jobs. It'd be awesome if he fired those worthless traffic department workers that mimic what traffic lights do.

Then there are the ones that don't even do that much.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
Honest question, but are there any examples of how "Obamacare" has screwed someone over?

You won't know what negatives it has (if any) until after it fully kicks in, which isn't for a while.

And it's not Obamacare.

Edited by Y2HH

A judge has blocked an attempt in Michigan by 100 landowners whose land was spoiled by Dioxin spills from Dow chemical to qualify for Class Action status, citing of course, the recent Supreme Court Decision in the Walmart case. Their reasoning? The level of pollution on each plot of land varies, and therefore the damage done to each varies, thus they can't qualify for Class Action status.

District court case, lets see how the Appellate/Supreme Court of Michigan Rule. Id say that certification makes sense because unlike the Wal-Mart case, you are going to be talking about a case where most of the discovery would be duplicated if there was not a class action.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 07:23 AM)
You won't know what negatives it has (if any) until after it fully kicks in, which isn't for a while.

And it's not Obamacare.

I do enjoy hearing about how it's hurting America so much.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
That isn't totally true.

Yeah. Horrible, horrible things like banning pre-existing conditions and allowing 25 year olds to stay on people's insurance have already taken place.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I do enjoy hearing about how it's hurting America so much.

It's probably not hurting America any more than the old system, but it didn't help much, either. The few good things it's done are countered by the fact that it did nothing to stop the rising costs of care (which was one of the original intentions). As a matter of fact, to cover the added people now protected by the law (which is a good thing), rates went up even more (which isn't).

You two are seriously funny.

1) Because you're both smarter than you pretend to be.

And 2) When you're done with your circle jerk of absurdity 'they cheat, but we don't', let me know...

Seriously now.

This is my impersonation of a political conversion between Balta, Strange, and Y2HH, and it's pretty accurate:

StrangeSox: Hey Balta... (green colored text) Republicans don't cheat, lolol.

Balta: Hey Strange...lolol, I know...democrats rule...we do everything right. Global warming.

StrangeSox: I know...lololol...we're the best.

Y2HH: Hmmm...interesting. Let me construct a huge ridiculous strawman for the fun of the troll and eventually get banned for saying something mean and dumb. :(

That's what this entire subsection has basically broken down too now. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
(i've never banned Y2HH... for the record)

You've always had my back!

I'm not exactly sure why though. :D I thought you hated me.