The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
But i get the impression they are using it because she made the CHOICE to stay home, not because she was forced to.

Nothing is stopping your family from doing the same thing. Some people value being at home to raise their infant over being part of the work force. I can respect that.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
And don't buy a TV!! Or a microwave!!!!

But I NEED those to survive in this world. I don't NEED a kid.

Seriously though, this idea that welfare is a merely a signup sheet is beyond wrong.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
That sort of attitude makes me so f***ing angry. My wife and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have a kid. Hell, multiple kids. But you know what? They're f***ing expensive. I get it, it sucks and it shouldn't cost what it does. But neither she or I could ever imagine the following thought process: "I want to have a kid. I'm perfectly capable of working, but why work when the government will give me a check to stay at home so I can raise my kids."

This country is so f***ing ass backwards it literally makes me sick to my stomach. I'm sorry dude, but your friends suck. Get a f***ing job and make ends meat like the rest of middle America. Why the f*** should other people in similiar situations have to pay for her to stay home while the rest of us bust our asses to prepare ourselves to have kids.

I tend to side with you more often than not, but then you're taking a sect of society and telling them screw you because they made a different choice than you would have.

For example, what if me and my wife held jobs helping underprivileged children, where the job may be rewarding in knowing we are helping kids that would otherwise get tossed aside and have almost no chance, but it pays us almost nothing?

Are you saying f*** us, we shouldn't be able to have kids because we didn't choose to go into a more lucrative career path?

I ain't buying that brand.

Within one generation you'd have effectively put numerous valuable societal jobs into extinction because anyone that has them can't have kids. :P Having kids isn't and never will be a privileged for the f***ing rich. Now, I'm not saying this doesn't have a breaking point -- such as having more than 1 or 2 kids when you can hardly make ends meet as it stands...but come on...telling people not to have a single child?! Overboard.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
And don't buy a TV!! Or a microwave!!!!

Oh dont get me started on my sister-in-law who has 6 kids (3 of hers, 3 from her BF), he BF is jobless, she is jobless and she used her tax money to by a new 32" flatscreen TV when her current TV was working just fine....

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
And are you promoting abortion? Lots of married couples don't use birth control.

I'm promoting not having a kid if you can't afford it. Why the f*** should I have to contribute to a system that rewards people like her, who simply choose to sign up for welfare because she wants to have a kid? Why the f*** work? Government will just pay me to live!

Ugh. I have to live this thread before I get banned.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
I tend to side with you more often than not, but then you're taking a sect of society and telling them screw you because they made a different choice than you would have.

For example, what if me and my wife held jobs helping underprivileged children, where the job may be rewarding in knowing we are helping kids that would otherwise get tossed aside and have almost no chance, but it pays us almost nothing?

Are you saying f*** us, we shouldn't be able to have kids because we didn't choose to go into a more lucrative career path?

Within one generation you'd have effectively put numerous valuable societal jobs into extinction because anyone that has them can't have kids. :P Having kids isn't and never will be a privileged for the f***ing rich. Now, I'm not saying this doesn't have a breaking point -- such as having more than 1 or 2 kids when you can hardly make ends meet as it stands...but come on...telling people not to have a single child?! Overboard.

bravo

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
in all fairness to my friends, they had their first kid when the economy was still good... or at least better than it is now.

They should be giving them up for adoption to wealthy families who make smart life choices. Poor people deserve exactly what they get: nothing.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)

:notworthy

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I'm promoting not having a kid if you can't afford it. Why the f*** should I have to contribute to a system that rewards people like her, who simply choose to sign up for welfare because she wants to have a kid? Why the f*** work? Government will just pay me to live!

Ugh. I have to live this thread before I get banned.

Unplanned pregnancies, especially in poorer communities, are unheard of!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Seriously though, this idea that POOR PEOPLE have CHILDREN who don't starve because of programs like WIC and SCHIP is INSUFFERABLE! That's what's wrong with this country: support for poor families with children.

No, f*** that. I'm not saying the system is pointless. But when you actively choose to start a family and quit your job just so you can start getting a check from the government, that's f***ed up. How am I the only one that sees that?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
No, f*** that. I'm not saying the system is pointless. But when you actively choose to start a family and quit your job just so you can start getting a check from the government, that's f***ed up. How am I the only one that sees that?

Because that doesn't fit a talking point.

I agree. That's mostly my point.

The people I know KNEW they wouldnt be making a lot of money with her staying home. He's a new youth pastor, and church work isnt much of a cash cow, trust me, I speak from experience. So, they had to know, going into having kids, that they could not live off of his salary alone.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Because the bolded is a really dumb strawman of your own creation, along the lines of the really dumb myths of "welfare queens" popping out babies to collect that sweet, sweet government cash.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Because the bolded is a really dumb strawman of your own creation, along the lines of the really dumb myths of "welfare queens" popping out babies to collect that sweet, sweet government cash.

Or it is the scenario that AHB just posted minutes ago.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
I agree. That's mostly my point.

So you know for a fact that this mother isn't staying home because she genuinely loves her child and wants to raise the child until it's ready for public school? You are certain that this mother is going out of her way to be a freeloader?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Or it is the scenario that AHB just posted minutes ago.

Oh, that mother had a child and quit her job to raise that child "just to collect a government check" that likely doesn't cover the cost of raising a child?

Impeccable logic.

How about instead of being a condescending ass you read what the original post was about:

I just found out that friends of mine are on WIC because they want the wife to be a stay at home mom. The wife is perfectly capable of having/finding a job, but she CHOOSES to stay home. I think that kinds pisses me off. My wife could stay home too if we wanted to live off the government, but we choose to provide for ourselves.