The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
He should have withdrawn already. Word is he will by tomorrow, no doubt because I thought I read that tomorrow is the last day to replace a candidate and still be eligible to be on ballot. Horrible statement to make. Maybe we should throw him in general pop and ask him a week later his opinions about rape.

Do you think they'll need to raise signatures? If so they need to get going on that now.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 06:16 AM)
Nobody has paid any attention to Afghanistan since September 2002, for some odd reason.

Not really. During the Bush presidency we had daily news coverage and body bag counts. Now barely a mention. Don't want to make Obama look bad I suppose.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
He should have withdrawn already. Word is he will by tomorrow, no doubt because I thought I read that tomorrow is the last day to replace a candidate and still be eligible to be on ballot. Horrible statement to make. Maybe we should throw him in general pop and ask him a week later his opinions about rape.

he needs to withdraw, obviously.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
If you consider the scale of the f***up that Bush was directly responsible for, Bush gets off pretty easy on the offensive invasion of another country that never attacked the United States and wasn't plotting any. I mean, that could go many, many other places, so he should be happy that all that happened is the media was tracking the soldiers that died while he preferred nobody talk about it. If he could have done that I'm sure he would've, but instead he had to settle for ordering no pictures be taken of coffins at Dover.

At least SOMEONE was trying to remind people there was a tradeoff and more than one type of cost and it wasn't just a movie or a video game.

That is absolutely a false premise and you know it, but then, you're cherry picking because you don't want to admit that there were other reasons for taking actions against Iraq. No one wants to, because it's not the politically expedient thing to do.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
Do you think they'll need to raise signatures? If so they need to get going on that now.

Not sure. The story I read was referencing a think progress blurb that said tomorrow was the deadline for this tool to drop out.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Not sure. The story I read was referencing a think progress blurb that said tomorrow was the deadline for this tool to drop out.

I think we're pretty much all in agreement here. He needs to go find out what ... oh nevermind, I won't say it.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
That is absolutely a false premise and you know it, but then, you're cherry picking because you don't want to admit that there were other reasons for taking actions against Iraq. No one wants to, because it's not the politically expedient thing to do.

Tell me more about the justifications for invading Iraq that didn't turn out to be knowingly fabricated bulls*** emot-awgee.gif

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
Tell me more about the justifications for invading Iraq that didn't turn out to be knowingly fabricated bulls*** emot-awgee.gif

Tell me more about the (non) justifications from the UN supporting the (non) invasion of Iraq that didn't turn out to be knowingly fabricated bulls***. emot-awgee.gif

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)

Can we get Ron Paul the same reaction?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
Tell me more about the (non) justifications from the UN supporting the (non) invasion of Iraq that didn't turn out to be knowingly fabricated bulls***. emot-awgee.gif

Do what now? Are you still seriously supporting the invasion of Iraq? After everything that's come out showing exactly how much bulls*** they knowingly presented to the public? How none of the "evidence" was anything more than some rumors and stories told by incredibly unreliable "sources" that every intelligence agency knew was unreliable?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
kind of below average Onion 'snark'. and this is coming from a big fan of the Onion.

but it's a hard topic to make hilarious

Exactly, cuz what he said was already the biggest joke of all.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)

It's not a false premise at all. Reverse this and let's replace the United States with China and Iraq with, say, Sudan. China makes an extremely weak case that Sudan threatens its national security, citing support to Tibetan rebels or some made-up dumb s*** that nobody really believes, and they go ahead and invade Sudan "defensively." Then they get rid of Sudan's government and install a puppet government and start trying to remake their society from the top down to look and act just like China (it fails) and they eventually withdraw and leave the sort-of puppet government in place except now that they're gone, they move diplomatically closer to the United States, and China ends up not accomplishing s*** but wasting a bunch of money, time, and blood. Dumb. Years later we found out definitively that all of China's reasons for invading Sudan were inflated, or basically fabricated.

How would we react to something like that, though? We would be screaming bloody murder about it and we would be trying to have their leaders somehow tried as war criminals. Like I said, Bush should be happy that all he gets is some bad press over his f***up.

Actually now that I think of it there was another real-world example of this happening and it's pretty obvious... the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Just a f***ing horses*** decision all around that did nobody any good anywhere.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)

you're asking him to justify ... NOT... going to war... right?

just... so I'm clear...

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
kind of below average Onion 'snark'. and this is coming from a big fan of the Onion.

but it's a hard topic to make hilarious

The headline was good, the rest was kinda meh.

You need to be a really, really good comedian to pull off a rape joke.

edit: Forgot to throw this in here last night. Akin and Ryan co-sponsored a bill to redefine rape last year, distinguishing between 'forcible' rape and other kinds of rape. In addition to being a fraudulent "deficit hawk" who really only cares about gutting social welfare spending, Ryan also holds some pretty abhorrent social views.

Edited by StrangeSox