The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
Obama, Clinton and the rest of the Democratic party need to keep reminding voters right up until Election Day that Romney believes elderly people, college students, disabled vets and the working poor are a bunch of leeches...

which they will. there's a month+ left. that's a short amount of time. they'll keep bringing this back up with a vengeance.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Because they sure aren't running on their record...

So let's go back to the party that actually got us in this mess to begin with...it took Bush and the GOP 8 years to skullf**k our economy with two wars, deregulation, massive deficit spending and tax cuts for the wealthy. You ain't gonna fix that in one term, I have no doubt we'll start seeing the economy grow stronger in the coming years if we stick with Obama and if the GOP act like adults and work with the President instead of c**kblocking his every move.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
So let's go back to the party that actually got us in this mess to begin with...it took Bush and the GOP 8 years to skullf**k our economy with two wars, deregulation, massive deficit spending and tax cuts for the wealthy. You ain't gonna fix that in one term, I have no doubt we'll start seeing the economy grow stronger in the coming years if we stick with Obama and if the GOP act like adults and work with the President instead of c**kblocking his every move.

Like I said, not running on their own record at all.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)

That's a pretty simplistic view...and it's not based on reality, either.

Every last thing you mentioned there, Obama took the ball and ran with it...but you conveniently ignore that, because otherwise you'd have no argument at all. And deregulation started under Clinton, not Bush, so that's dismissed.

Let's see: All the wars you speak of were continued. The tax cuts you speak of...were extended...TWICE.

Your entire argument is baseless. Try harder next time.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
to be fair, is Romney running on his?

(universal, mandated health care - gay rights - and pro choice)

Nope, he's not either. But that doesn't discount the fact that Obama is doing exactly what Metsoxfan is doing for him right now...blaming everything on Bush, nothing on Clinton, and nothing on himself, DESPITE the *FACT* that Obama has taken everything Bush did, and continued or extended it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
ok... but... how can you criticize one candidate for doing something the other candidate is also doing?

how dare a campaign use catchy bumper-sticker propaganda! (just so you know, it's been happening ever since the advent of elections)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Like I said, not running on their own record at all.

Not really true. Im pretty sure part of their record is health care.

And why take the path of most resistance?

Romney isnt Presidential material. If the Republican's put out a decent candidate, I could contemplate voting for them. But as long as their platform socially backward, I cant sign up for it.

As an example:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/219...ctor/interview#

I agree with 3,000 years of recorded history. I believe marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman and I have been rock solid in my support of traditional marriage. Marriage is first and foremost about nurturing and developing children. It’s unfortunate that those who choose to defend the institution of marriage are often demonized.
- 12/14/06 National Review Online

Id literally rather burn my money than vote for a candidate who thought that just because something was okay for 3000 years it should always be okay. Secondly, its not even historically accurate, unless we are only talking about a very specific culture subset. Third, 3000 years ago Christianity wasnt even contemplated, so if we are going by history trumps, shoudlnt we start eradicating Christianity?

Because Im pretty sure that I can say "I agree with 6,000 years of recorded history and therefore the Old Testament trumps."

It would be nice if we had 2 legitimate candidates, but we dont.

So Y2HH, what does Romney and the GOP offer that you think is a better alternative? I'd love to see what Romney's secret plan to improve the economy is if you know what it is. Romney certainly isn't running on his record as Governor, hardly ever mentions it all, wonder why...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
how dare a campaign use catchy bumper-sticker propaganda! (just so you know, it's been happening ever since the advent of elections)

Did you just reply to yourself? That's paradoxical. :)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
ok... but... how can you criticize one candidate for doing something the other candidate is also doing?

He isn't. But much like the Jack Edwards' of the world, Romney is a spineless phoney who will change opinions in the wind. I can't stand Mitt Romney, and won't be voting for him.

But again, this is the incumbent President we are redirecting away from. The guy who wants to do the same job for four more years. His best talking point is what the other guy said.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
So Y2HH, what does Romney and the GOP offer that you think is a better alternative? I'd love to see what Romney's secret plan to improve the economy is if you know what it is. Romney certainly isn't running on his record as Governor, hardly ever mentions it all, wonder why...

I don't think Romney/GOP offer a better alternative. I don't think Romney is a very good candidate, nor do I think he'd make a very good president. But that still doesn't mean I agree with the Obama administration blaming the previous administration -- still -- after four years of continuing just about every policy that former administration put in place.

If you want to blame the previous administration, fine...I'm ok with that. But then don't go and extend everything that terrible administration did...which is pretty much exactly what Obama has done. People will blame congress, the senate, or whatever...but how about we blame a spineless president that keeps on signing extensions to all of these wars/tax cuts, DESPITE blaming them for all of our ills?

And I really dislike disrespecting the office of the President, including Obama...so I don't take it lightly when I call him spineless for some of the moves he made. I think Obama has surrounded himself with a lot of really terrible people, and they're convincing him to do these things...but that doesn't exonerate him in that he's still the one signing his name on the line.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
That's a pretty simplistic view...and it's not based on reality, either.

Every last thing you mentioned there, Obama took the ball and ran with it...but you conveniently ignore that, because otherwise you'd have no argument at all. And deregulation started under Clinton, not Bush, so that's dismissed.

Let's see: All the wars you speak of were continued. The tax cuts you speak of...were extended...TWICE.

Your entire argument is baseless. Try harder next time.

The tax cuts Obama passed helped middle income families and he did end the Iraq war.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
Nope, he's not either. But that doesn't discount the fact that Obama is doing exactly what Metsoxfan is doing for him right now...blaming everything on Bush, nothing on Clinton, and nothing on himself, DESPITE the *FACT* that Obama has taken everything Bush did, and continued or extended it.

I'm not a Mets fan, how dare you sir :lolhitting :gosox1:

I gotta change my user name to MSF :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Obama didn't pass any tax cuts...he simply extended Bush's tax cuts...TWICE.

Incorrect. There was a substantial additional tax credit included in the stimulus package known as "Making work Pay". That was then followed up a year later by a 1 year payroll tax cut. Those were done on top of the only extension done of the Bush Tax cuts so far, which happened in 2010 during the Lame Duck session, at which point they were extended for 2 years (hence, they expire at the end of 2012).