• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 08:17 AM)
Oh ok. Strange that you and jenks got so defensive about it!

I'm not defensive about anything...I just find it interesting that you repeatedly post things that tend to paint a specific picture of one party, while ignoring the other party altogether, especially when they share the same traits in most of those cases.

Joel Klein's Misleading Autobiography

What the former chancellor of New York City schools' sleight of hand tells us about education reform

The lesson Klein, Duncan, and others draw from this autobiography is that poor children today fail because their teachers, unlike the 1950s Mr. Harris, are overprotected by union contracts, have low expectations for poor students, and so barely try to teach them. To correct this, Klein and others who call themselves “school reformers” hope to identify ineffective teachers and replace them with new ones who rest their security not on union rules but on an ability to rescue children from material and intellectual deprivation.

Unlike a politician’s biography, which gets vetted by the press, Klein’s account has never been questioned. That’s too bad, because in nearly every detail the story he tells is misleading or untrue. The misrepresentations call into question the reforms he and his acolytes promote.

But his less-than-honest autobiography has been accepted unquestioningly by allies like Arne Duncan who use it, as he does, to support needless test obsession for millions of schoolchildren, on the theory that more accountability for teachers will cure our social ills. Klein’s story has contributed to the demoralization of tens of thousands of teachers who are now blamed for their low-income students’ poor test scores. Klein and Duncan’s conclusion that public schools must be failing because they don’t perform the miracles they allegedly performed in the past has helped justify a rapid expansion of charter schools. Most charter schools have done no better for disadvantaged children than the schools from which they came, while stripping regular schools of their most motivated students. Contemporary reforms have produced much turmoil in public education but little or no meaningful improvement. Meanwhile, social inequality has grown and with it, challenges to educators hoping to narrow the achievement gap.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
On the bright side, I now have proof that all Democrats are racist against Mormons.

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/10/leavin-on-a-...if-romney-wins/

Not to mention the young people's suicide rate is about to explode, because they are racists either way...

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/10/disturbing-y...romney-elected/

Man you guys sure are defensive about a post of some racists saying dumb racist things.

But I don't see anything anti-Mormon in there whereas those other people were explicitly calling obama a n*****?

I mean saying you're moving to Canada if Romney wins is pretty dumb, but what's anti-mormon or racist about that? Do you really think it's comparable to straight-up calling Obama a n***** unfit for the WHITE house?

CGPlM.png

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Man you guys sure are defensive about a post of some racists saying dumb racist things.

But I don't see anything anti-Mormon in there whereas those other people were explicitly calling obama a n*****?

I mean saying you're moving to Canada if Romney wins is pretty dumb, but what's anti-mormon or racist about that? Do you really think it's comparable to straight-up calling Obama a n***** unfit for the WHITE house?

CGPlM.png

They are obviously only saying it because he is a mormon, duh.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
Wait are you really trying to say there's some other meaning behind "it's called the white house for a reason"

Please tell me you're not really trying to say that, that you don't really see any sort of equivalency there.

No, I am mocking the whole theme of just pointing out stupidity on one side, while ignoring the other. But please, keep your outrage reflex nice and strong.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
On the bright side, I now have proof that all Democrats are racist against Mormons.

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/10/leavin-on-a-...if-romney-wins/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Not to mention the young people's suicide rate is about to explode, because they are racists either way...

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/10/disturbing-y...romney-elected/

Can you explain how either of these posts are supposed to be mocking the 'theme' of pointing out one side saying dumb things? To me, it looks more like you're trying to attribute racism to things that are clearly not racist in mockery, which would mean you're mocking the idea of calling those original statements racist.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
LOOK OVER THERE

---> RACISTS!

You do get that those statements I posted are actually racist, right? And that the ones you did aren't?

What is my one-off post even supposed to be a distraction from? My own post about Jefferson from yesterday immediately above being a huge racist slave-owner who treated his slaves worse than is commonly portrayed?

Here are more nonsense arguments.

Is anti-mormon really racist? I dont believe Mormon is a race, its a religion.

Fun fact though, until 1976 it was against the Mormon religion to ordain a black man.

So for 29 years Mitt belonged to an organization that was explicitly racist.

I wish someone would pay me to do attack ads, I could really have some fun. (Either party, Im a mercenary)

Edited by Soxbadger