The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 11:58 AM)
As an increasing number of Americans get more and more lazy the majorities' share of the wealth gets smaller and smaller.

Or instead of giving out raises to the peons they are giving it all to management. I don't remember the last time I got a raise at my job. Every year though, management boasts about their bonuses though. Things that make you go hmmmmm

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well do you work for the government pettie? If so, get a real job.

If you work in the real world the market has dictated your value. If you dont like it that's fine, but it doesn't change the reality. Maybe someone else will value your labor more? You're free to look around. Its not super complicated, liberals just like making it that way so they can confuse and trick people into paying more taxes.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)

If you work in the real world the market has dictated your value. If you dont like it that's fine, but it doesn't change the reality. Maybe someone else will value your labor more? You're free to look around. Its not super complicated, liberals just like making it that way so they can confuse and trick people into paying more taxes.

Seriously?

I thought you wanted us to go into a recession... wouldnt that limit some options in terms of seaking other employment?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)

What the he... First and foremost I'm not a liberal. Second, how did you come to the conclusion that I worked for the government when I threw around words like management gets bonuses? I know I'm well underpaid but the reason why these assholes can get away with it because of the recession. Noone would dare b**** about their salary because there is some sap ready to take your place. I'm just holding the line until the next best opportunity comes. That's why people don't stick around their jobs anymore, you're just a damn number to them and they are just a stepping stone for me.

Duke your biggest problem is that you are the epitome of egocentric. You believe that just because you did something that everyone else can. That's the biggest amount of malarky I've ever heard. Not everyone is "you". That's why you get berated from your over the top hyperbolic posts. You can get your points across without being so damned snarky. Try it sometime and people might just start taking your posts at face value.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)

For the record, I wasn't talking about anyone paying more taxes. I simply want my damn raise I work hard for. Why else do we bust are asses at work. To make sure we keeping getting a paycheck and more money.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
What the he... First and foremost I'm not a liberal. Second, how did you come to the conclusion that I worked for the government when I threw around words like management gets bonuses? I know I'm well underpaid but the reason why these assholes can get away with it because of the recession. Noone would dare b**** about their salary because there is some sap ready to take your place. I'm just holding the line until the next best opportunity comes. That's why people don't stick around their jobs anymore, you're just a damn number to them and they are just a stepping stone for me.

Duke your biggest problem is that you are the epitome of egocentric. You believe that just because you did something that everyone else can. That's the biggest amount of malarky I've ever heard. Not everyone is "you". That's why you get berated from your over the top hyperbolic posts. You can get your points across without being so damned snarky. Try it sometime and people might just start taking your posts at face value.

ugh stop giving him credit. you're making it sound like he accomplished something difficult. you're just feeding the egomania.

i'll just sit back and laugh as he toils his way towards a retirement that never actually happens because the government has cut social security and medicare.

I'm not rich or anything, I'm just not poor. And yea I'm underpaid at all three of my jobs, I just dont b**** about it because I dont expect anyone to come riding in a chariot of righteousness and adjust all my wages. I either pick up more hours, find another job or just leave one to find another which is better. I have control over that.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 01:27 AM)
I'm not rich or anything, I'm just not poor. And yea I'm underpaid at all three of my jobs, I just dont b**** about it because I dont expect anyone to come riding in a chariot of righteousness and adjust all my wages. I either pick up more hours, find another job or just leave one to find another which is better. I have control over that.

So then... if you're underpaid (like pettie), why aren't you following your own advice and getting better jobs? Because you want to play martyr?

So then... if you're underpaid (like pettie), why aren't you following your own advice and getting better jobs? Because you want to play martyr?

Because the market and I dont see eye-to-eye on the value of my labor. I can accept that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:32 AM)
Who is "The Market" that is making this decision? Is it those who stand to gain more profit personally by depressing your wages as low as possible?

If you're talking Fortune 500 companies sure. If you're talking about the majority of the workforce that works for small to medium businesses that don't get crazy golden parachutes for their executives and have to worry about the cost of hiring/paying for their workers, then no.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
Who is "The Market" that is making this decision? Is it those who stand to gain more profit personally by depressing your wages as low as possible?

and those very same folks the GOP is refusing to cut taxes for, giving them more and more money and more and more power to depress your wages?

(this is why hardworking middle class americans shouldn't be Republicans. you've just proved it by example)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
and those very same folks the GOP is refusing to cut taxes for, giving them more and more money and more and more power to depress your wages?

(this is why hardworking middle class americans shouldn't be Republicans. you've just proved it by example)

Republicans want less government/taxes for everyone, not just the rich. If the middle class has lower taxes and less need to worry about paying for the poor then they rise too.

I'm not at all saying that what we have right now is an acceptable system. But in talking about principles/economic beliefs that's the difference.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
If you're talking Fortune 500 companies sure. If you're talking about the majority of the workforce that works for small to medium businesses that don't get crazy golden parachutes for their executives and have to worry about the cost of hiring/paying for their workers, then no.

The small business owner doesn't pocket more at the end of the day if they can pay their employees less?

But the focus would be more on the tiny sliver of the population who controls a huge percentage of the wealth and only stands to gain more the more wages can be depressed.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
Chavez died yesterday. Mixed bag of anti-democratic measures, ego-maniacal leadership but also using his country's natural resources wealth to actually help the poorer citizens of his country.

Many resource rich neighboring countries did the same thing much more effectively, without terrorizing the opposition.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:55 AM)
Republicans want less government/taxes for everyone, not just the rich. If the middle class has lower taxes and less need to worry about paying for the poor then they rise too.

I'm not at all saying that what we have right now is an acceptable system. But in talking about principles/economic beliefs that's the difference.

"The middle class" didn't really exist until the robust post-war expansion of both the economy and the government. Why should we believe that we'd have an expanding middle class if taxes (and, by necessity, services) are cut and not an even quicker return to Gilded Age economic disparity?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 08:56 AM)
The small business owner doesn't pocket more at the end of the day if they can pay their employees less?

But the focus would be more on the tiny sliver of the population who controls a huge percentage of the wealth and only stands to gain more the more wages can be depressed.

Small business owners don't pocket enough to worry about whether they should be giving their employees a little bit more. Most barely make a living of their own.

I agree with you the problem is fixing the income gap of the very top. But unfortunately liberals have a mindset that anyone with a little bit of money or anyone that runs a business is super mega rich and can afford to give their much more deserving employees more money/benefits.