• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nor do they have any of the other rights I listed but thats OK. Look at the compassionate liberal, maybe if people with mental issues voted Democrat consistently enough youd be championing their rights the way you do the blacks and gays. Then again, theyre a politically convenient target. You have no issues with developing . national dialouge that dehumanizes them and turns them into second class citizens at birth because it furthers your personal ideology of gun control.

"The care they need" is code for being institutionalized by the way. Because thats the way the liberals solve problems, brutal state oppression enabled by decades of a dehumanizing propaganda campaign to tilt public opinion in favor of indefinite detention without a jury trial. Nice work Balta. My question is who will be next on the list to be gotten rid of once you've taken care of the crazies? Do they tell you in the party who its OK to hate next?

Now keeping people with mental illness away from health care and giving them guns. That's true heroism.

It's not like this conversation was sparked by an attempted murder suicide. Why he was just expressing his second amendment rights in the most common fashion when he shot himself.

And the people who sent him home after it was recommended he not be? True heroes supporting freedom.

Now keeping people with mental illness away from health care and giving them guns. That's true heroism.

It's not like this conversation was sparked by an attempted murder suicide. Why he was just expressing his second amendment rights in the most common fashion when he shot himself.

And the people who sent him home after it was recommended he not be? True heroes supporting freedom.

What if they dont want doctors and meds? In a free country they have that choice. You dont think they should, but in the same breath youll talk about things like institutional racism and rape culture. You keep deflecting back to the 2A, but I know you think nobody should have that right so its whatever.

But what about free speech without repercussions? How about due process? Explain why the mentally ill dont deserve those rights. Dont feed me a line that youre somehow drawing a line at gun control, dont say youre innocent in this regard. You actively say one universal right in this country should not apply to them, and once you go down that road and set those precedents you freely enable all their other rights to taken away as well. You and the whatever-majority-it-is-now-of-Americans who will throw them under the bus to win a tiny victory in your control endeavor think its a worthy trade off to see them demoted to second class citizens.

Its so disgusting I really dont know how you reconcile it with yourself. Im not even one for caring much about people but even here I see a class of this country that can never incur a criminal charge but still have all their rights taken from them. What the f*** kind of world are you working for here? Whats your endgame? Dont say "wah no guns think of the children #justice4trayvon", because this is so much deeper and more sinister than that. You want to kill them? Relieve the people of the burden of sharing this country with them? Are you just taking care of the formality of removing every legal protection they have before zeroing in your final solution here? Whats wrong with you?

And to preemptively answer your snarky little question of whether Id rather have them going on a spree once every 6 or so months or have them be entitled to the same rights I am thats inevitably coming...

Yes. Id rather have a thousand Sandy Hooks than have any group in this country have rights stripped from them via legislation. Im not living in Jim Crow, Plessy v Ferguson America. That is not what happens next. While most of you humiliate and degrade them and cheer their rights being stripped Im never going to play along. Its morally reprehensible.

So you try and think youre clever, and you go to sleep thinking what youre doing here is OK. But when theyve finally pulverized whats left of the mentally ill's rights they wont stop. Theyll find someone new, and maybe then youll wish you said something when they established that it was just fine to rob people of their freedom in the interest of the public good.

Balta and I think that the more help you offer these people, the less likely they have to be permanently institutionalized and the less likely they harm other people. Our current system reflects so much contempt for the mentally ill that we're only willing to fund it to an extent that it offers them a bed so we can get rid of them. Balta and I want to see a system that can allow for rehabilitation and the granting of as much freedom as possible

Oh bull-f***ing-s*** you do. You realize that you cant get the 2A repealed so youre trying to pick the low hanging fruit. If you honestly beleived these systems rehabilitate then why still deny them the 2A? Another big project 'fixed' them, so they'll be cool to own guns.

And dont try to start softening your vocabulary from "help they need" to "help offered". I know what you really mean, you think you know better whats good for these people. You demand, because they need it, they be medicated and bedridden. If they dont want it? Tough luck. Youre getting that "help" anyways because were just that damn compassionate.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)
And to preemptively answer your snarky little question of whether Id rather have them going on a spree once every 6 or so months or have them be entitled to the same rights I am thats inevitably coming...

Yes. Id rather have a thousand Sandy Hooks than have any group in this country have rights stripped from them via legislation. Im not living in Jim Crow, Plessy v Ferguson America. That is not what happens next. While most of you humiliate and degrade them and cheer their rights being stripped Im never going to play along. Its morally reprehensible.

So you try and think youre clever, and you go to sleep thinking what youre doing here is OK. But when theyve finally pulverized whats left of the mentally ill's rights they wont stop. Theyll find someone new, and maybe then youll wish you said something when they established that it was just fine to rob people of their freedom in the interest of the public good.

I've never seen you champion the rights of gays, minorities and women in this passionate manner. Where are all those posts?

I've never seen you champion the rights of gays, minorities and women in this passionate manner. Where are all those posts?

Because nobody gives a s*** about them. It takes absolutely no courage to stand up for blacks, gays or women. Zero. Theyve got all the rights we do except gays cant marry in most states. Excuse me while I hold off outrage over that while millions are told none of the legal protections afforded to us apply to them.

Like I said earlier, gays, women and minorities vote Democrat. The mentally ill dont, so they dont count in the big tolerant society vision.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
Because nobody gives a s*** about them. It takes absolutely no courage to stand up for blacks, gays or women. Zero. Theyve got all the rights we do except gays cant marry in most states. Excuse me while I hold off outrage over that while millions are told none of the legal protections afforded to us apply to them.

Like I said earlier, gays, women and minorities vote Democrat. The mentally ill dont, so they dont count in the big tolerant society vision.

You're such an angry young man. I hope you're able to read all these posts when age and time and life mellows you out a bit. Maybe start meditating?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)

Mental health is an important part of the social justice movement. It's not liberals and lefties that typically deny that things like depression are real illnesses.

Mental health is an important part of the social justice movement. It's not liberals and lefties that typically deny that things like depression are real illnesses.

Oddly enough it is liberals and lefties who cry foul when they have the same rights or the evil organizations that oppress them get defunded. The more mentally ill you have the more people you vab disenfranchise and eventually get rid of, genius!

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Oddly enough it is liberals and lefties who cry foul when they have the same rights or the evil organizations that oppress them get defunded. The more mentally ill you have the more people you vab disenfranchise and eventually get rid of, genius!

is this even a coherent sentence?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)

Oh, ok.

is this even a coherent sentence?

I write all of this on my phone. I think I do a good enough job.

By the way, none of you have said anything to really counter me. Id beencouraged that maybe you'll try not to blame and oppress the crazies anymore, but were about due for a good sized shooting a B-) d you'll be right back on the horse again.

Your not really making coherent arguments, it's just a bunch of weird assertions.

It's also the conservatives and gun rights advocates who talk about "mental health" whenever there is a shooting to deflect away from discussion of broader gun control. You just seem to be stringing random ideas together while still insulting the people you claim to be standing up for.

Your not really making coherent arguments, it's just a bunch of weird assertions.

It's also the conservatives and gun rights advocates who talk about "mental health" whenever there is a shooting to deflect away from discussion of broader gun control. You just seem to be stringing random ideas together while still insulting the people you claim to be standing up for.

Which makes it even weirder that you go along with it. Are you really that desperate for any form of added gun control? Even if it has the kind of side effects Ive described?

I ask this question periodically and never really get an answer: What are we protecting people for? Not what are we protecting them from, thats easy, but what kind of life are we preserving here?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
I write all of this on my phone. I think I do a good enough job.

By the way, none of you have said anything to really counter me. Id beencouraged that maybe you'll try not to blame and oppress the crazies anymore, but were about due for a good sized shooting a B-) d you'll be right back on the horse again.

what is wrong with you?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
Which makes it even weirder that you go along with it. Are you really that desperate for any form of added gun control? Even if it has the kind of side effects Ive described?

I ask this question periodically and never really get an answer: What are we protecting people for? Not what are we protecting them from, thats easy, but what kind of life are we preserving here?

Did you just go back to the "life isn't worth living if you don't have a gun" here? What kind of life are we preserving? A very damn fine life for a whole lot of people.

Senate just passed the "nuclear option" (though not really) to change the cloture rules. Only 51 votes now needed to invoke cloture on votes for all nominees except Supreme Court. No change to the cloture rules regarding votes on legislation.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
Senate just passed the "nuclear option" (though not really) to change the cloture rules. Only 51 votes now needed to invoke cloture on votes for all nominees except Supreme Court. No change to the cloture rules regarding votes on legislation.

About damn time. The Senate gets slightly more functional.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)

About damn time. The Senate gets slightly more functional.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
Very proud of Reid for finally developing a spine

I'm not sure how good of an idea this is, though. When the day comes that the opposing party is in power, you won't be as happy about this.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 08:55 AM)
I'm not sure how good of an idea this is, though. When the day comes that the opposing party is in power, you won't be as happy about this.

Elected majorities should be able to govern. If Americans elect a majority right-wing Senate and a right-wing President, their chosen elected officials should be able to enact the policies and appoint the people that they want.