• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
Seriously, you're alleging the CPD covers up unsolved homicides to improve statistics and no one notices?

To be fair, there is plenty of documented evidence of police departments classifying lots of items to improve crime statistics, (Oh that wasn't a Mexican we stopped, he was Caucasian, right, RIGHT?) and it isn't like Chicago exactly has the cleanest reputation as a PD. It isn't that hard to imagine murders being called suicide or accidental death here and there to fudge a number a bit, when the opportunity arises.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
To be fair, there is plenty of documented evidence of police departments classifying lots of items to improve crime statistics, (Oh that wasn't a Mexican we stopped, he was Caucasian, right, RIGHT?) and it isn't like Chicago exactly has the cleanest reputation as a PD. It isn't that hard to imagine murders being called suicide or accidental death here and there to fudge a number a bit, when the opportunity arises.

According to The Wire, that stuff happens all the time. Seriously though, the New York PD just got in trouble for doing this. I'm sure most large PD's do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
According to The Wire, that stuff happens all the time. Seriously though, the New York PD just got in trouble for doing this. I'm sure most large PD's do.

I do believe this happens, I know for a fact Chicago's "gang related" classification is bogus. I think some violent crimes are reported as misdemeanors and such.

I don't think the murder number is baked. Otherwise they wouldn't have allowed 2012, Rahm's second year in office, to happen.

For me, if I see something like "Sure murder rate was up, but violent crimes were down!" I'll believe some baking, but even then trends are trends and it's good to see the rate go down. And I want to see it go down again this year. And the next. And the next.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 08:21 PM)
You can't trust CPD stats outside homicides and even when it comes to homicides you kind of wonder if there was pressure in the department to classify as many deaths as possible as natural causes to soften the stat sheet. Also, 420 homicides is not an accomplishment in the slightest and the city should still be f***ing humiliated by it.

You've denounced the very concept of social engineering so I'm not sure what you think any collective body could our should do about this or why it should cause the city (residents? Government?) Gunnison to have the lowest murder rate in many decades.

This "Chris Christie shut down a major bridge for political retribution" story is getting some legs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/nyregion...sings.html?_r=1

First of all, in this day and age, how stupid do you have to be to leave electronic evidence of criminal activity?

Secondly, I really hope that Christie is able to prove that he had no knowledge of this, because I think he is the nation's best chance at having a productive Federal government in 2017 and beyond.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)
seriously, right?

follow up: EMS responders delayed by bridge closing

http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/GWB_lan...n_Fort_Lee.html

I know we've heard about the angry white-hating guy and his Chicago-style politics...but this is gorgeous. This is the most Chicago-style-politics thing I've heard about in the news in a long time.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 08:58 PM)
God I love seeing that fat piece of s*** flounder. Beautiful, bonus points for being the liberal's little pet Republican too.

Making Chris Christie look dignified and honorable by comparison might not be easy, but you pulled it off with flying colors.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
To the death you will defend this piece of s*** because for like a month he was your poster boy for that compromise scam being used to kill America.

No, I'm just admiring how every single post of yours makes you look even worse.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
To the death you will defend this piece of s*** because for like a month he was your poster boy for that compromise scam being used to kill America.

Yeah, that's definitely what balta is known for.

I'm also confused by your frequent appeals to individualism and near-anarchism while also being really nationalistic about America.

Yeah, that's definitely what balta is known for.

I'm also confused by your frequent appeals to individualism and near-anarchism while also being really nationalistic about America.

Because I've always seen America as the sum of free individuals. I know its not, I'm not that stupid, but I just like the idea.

That and its a very naturally beautiful place.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Because I've always seen America as the sum of free individuals. I know its not, I'm not that stupid, but I just like the idea.

That and its a very naturally beautiful place.

Which is why it must be destroyed.

If you're just pushing this welfare and social justice crap because you know it'll eventually destroy the current power structure and from there we can again be a self governing people responsible for our own situations I take back every single time I've disagreed with you.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:02 AM)
If you're just pushing this welfare and social justice crap because you know it'll eventually destroy the current power structure and from there we can again be a self governing people responsible for our own situations I take back every single time I've disagreed with you.

yes, we need to be responsible for our own situations. It's madness that I can't mine the darn Grand Canyon, madness. Do you know how much oil there is trapped beneath Los Angeles? We need that oil dammit.

yes, we need to be responsible for our own situations. It's madness that I can't mine the darn Grand Canyon, madness. Do you know how much oil there is trapped beneath Los Angeles? We need that oil dammit.

I've said over and over that much of this country needs to be protected from our addiction to consumption. Americans by and large are lazy, fat, useless assholes who would nuke Denali from orbit if it would somehow mean they could stuff 5% more useless crap into their shopping carts. My contempt for them is a big reason I don't give a s*** what happens to them.

And the glory years? Eh, 1870-1950-ish. At least that's how I imagine it (I wasn't there), the 60's and 70's weren't bad even if the writing was on the wall.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
I've said over and over that much of this country needs to be protected from our addiction to consumption. Americans by and large are lazy, fat, useless assholes who would nuke Denali from orbit if it would somehow mean they could stuff 5% more useless crap into their shopping carts. My contempt for them is a big reason I don't give a s*** what happens to them.

And the glory years? Eh, 1870-1950-ish. At least that's how I imagine it (I wasn't there), the 60's and 70's weren't bad even if the writing was on the wall.

How dare you trample individual rights like that.

And as always...it's useful to think of how those glory years would be if you were a woman. Or didn't have pale skin.

Oh, and that's also the era when Hetch Hetchy was flooded.