The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

I knew it was coming, the BUT WUT ABT RAYCISM N SOXIAL JUSTISE?!?!?!? Don't give a s*** anymore, just flat out stopped caring once I came to the realization that those things are used a crutch to pretend this country hasn't always been a total mess.

Id love to see the O'Shaughnessy dam blown up by the way. The rampant ambition of that era did lead us to make some mistakes. Putting San Francisco in a permanent state of drought alone would be worth it, not to mention restoring the canyon itself.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
I knew it was coming, the BUT WUT ABT RAYCISM N SOXIAL JUSTISE?!?!?!? Don't give a s*** anymore, just flat out stopped caring once I came to the realization that those things are used a crutch to pretend this country hasn't always been a total mess.

Id love to see the O'Shaughnessy dam blown up by the way. The rampant ambition of that era did lead us to make some mistakes. Putting San Francisco in a permanent state of drought alone would be worth it, not to mention restoring the canyon itself.

Of course you don't give a S***.

You're white.

You're white.

And so are you. Your ancestors are equally as complicit in that s*** as mine are, and none of your white guilt induced whining changes a damn thing about that. Get over yourself, cracker, bringing race up at every available opportunity is not going to alleviate the guilt fed into you by the media.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)

You're white.

Just so it's said, this is pretty ignorant of discrimination to "whites" in this countries history. Irish, Italian, Polish, German, etc. Everyone has someone in their family that suffered from some kind of discrimination at some point. Slavery is obviously the extreme, but lets not pretend life was all peaches and cream for immigrants in the "golden age" of America either.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Just so it's said, this is pretty ignorant of discrimination to "whites" in this countries history. Irish, Italian, Polish, German, etc. Everyone has someone in their family that suffered from some kind of discrimination at some point. Slavery is obviously the extreme, but lets not pretend life was all peaches and cream for immigrants in the "golden age" of America either.

Yeah being an underpaid immigrant is equivalent to being a slave!!!

s*** my ancestors were Jews escaping pogroms in Russia, But ya know what, however s***ty it was to be in America it was millions of times better than being in a country where they could kill you for no reason or any reason. Its way better than being property.

So no its not ignorant, its just calling a spade a spade. When immigrants came to America they came by choice, and most of them were escaping conditions that were worse than in America.

IE Would my great grandmother rather starve in Ireland or be underpaid in the US? Would my great grandfather rather be murdered in Russia or underpaid in America...

Now yes there were some Irish slaves way back in the day, if youre family was actually an indentured servant in America you can compare yourself to a slave. Otherwise this is really just bad form.

Americans like Duke are seriously the worst of the worst. They live in a fantasy world (the US) and complain about how hard it is.

This is not hard. Being a white man in the US is not hard. Its playing the game on easy mode, and if you cant beat it, thats on you.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
Yeah being an underpaid immigrant is equivalent to being a slave!!!

s*** my ancestors were Jews escaping pogroms in Russia, But ya know what, however s***ty it was to be in America it was millions of times better than being in a country where they could kill you for no reason or any reason. Its way better than being property.

So no its not ignorant, its just calling a spade a spade. When immigrants came to America they came by choice, and most of them were escaping conditions that were worse than in America.

IE Would my great grandmother rather starve in Ireland or be underpaid in the US? Would my great grandfather rather be murdered in Russia or underpaid in America...

Now yes there were some Irish slaves way back in the day, if youre family was actually an indentured servant in America you can compare yourself to a slave. Otherwise this is really just bad form.

Americans like Duke are seriously the worst of the worst. They live in a fantasy world (the US) and complain about how hard it is.

This is not hard. Being a white man in the US is not hard. Its playing the game on easy mode, and if you cant beat it, thats on you.

Ok, where did I say it was equivalent? I'll i'm saying is "you're white" isn't a really good response because being white didn't guarantee you a life of privilege in this country for a long period of time. Irish coming off the boats were segregated and not given employment for being dirty Irish. Yes, they came here of their own free will, and they weren't killed for escaping bondage, but that doesn't mean they weren't discriminated against.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
Ok, where did I say it was equivalent? I'll i'm saying is "you're white" isn't a really good response because being white didn't guarantee you a life of privilege in this country for a long period of time. Irish coming off the boats were segregated and not given employment for being dirty Irish. Yes, they came here of their own free will, and they weren't killed for escaping bondage, but that doesn't mean they weren't discriminated against.

Im Irish, youre not exactly making a great case here. And being white doesnt give you privilege, but it certainly gave the opportunity to become extremely wealthy.

Which is exactly what I said. Being a white male is easy mode, if you cant make it in easy mode, you probably cant beat the game in any mode.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
Im Irish, youre not exactly making a great case here. And being white doesnt give you privilege, but it certainly gave the opportunity to become extremely wealthy.

Which is exactly what I said. Being a white male is easy mode, if you cant make it in easy mode, you probably cant beat the game in any mode.

Why do you keep referring to the present? Can we stay within the confines of the original argument please? I'm not talking about 2014 whites, i'm talking turn of the century Irish (you know, the time period that Duke and Balta were talking about). They didn't have an "easy mode" when they got here. They were discriminated against. As were the Polish and Germans and Jews and ...

To make a broad statement that to be "white" in the early 20th century was enough is just factually incorrect.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
Why do you keep referring to the present? Can we stay within the confines of the original argument please? I'm not talking about 2014 whites, i'm talking turn of the century Irish (you know, the time period that Duke and Balta were talking about). They didn't have an "easy mode" when they got here. They were discriminated against. As were the Polish and Germans and Jews and ...

To make a broad statement that to be "white" in the early 20th century was enough is just factually incorrect.

They had easy mode compared to blacks, so my point stands. My family came over turn of the century, my grandfather/grandmother were the first born in America on both sides. 2 parts Russian immigrant, 1 part Irish/Italian, 1 part Scandanavian.

People have been discriminated against in this country since the Mayflower. Which is why its so sick that so many Americans continue to this day to discriminate against Americans and blame immigrants for our problems.

Youd think as the children of discriminated immigrants we would all work together to ensure that all immigrants can come to the US and be free from persecution and discrimination, because we understand their pain.

Oh what a world that would be.

So yah, you are right, they were discriminated against, but not nearly to the level of other cultures, specifically not white.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
They had easy mode compared to blacks, so my point stands. My family came over turn of the century, my grandfather/grandmother were the first born in America on both sides. 2 parts Russian immigrant, 1 part Irish/Italian, 1 part Scandanavian.

People have been discriminated against in this country since the Mayflower. Which is why its so sick that so many Americans continue to this day to discriminate against Americans and blame immigrants for our problems.

Youd think as the children of discriminated immigrants we would all work together to ensure that all immigrants can come to the US and be free from persecution and discrimination, because we understand their pain.

Oh what a world that would be.

So yah, you are right, they were discriminated against, but not nearly to the level of other cultures, specifically not white.

No one claimed otherwise. You basically agree with my original post, despite writing 500 words claiming to disagree with it.

So basically the whole response to that was "yeah, but there was even more hate at the time too!"

Obviously therefore, that is the best, most free time in American History and we should applaud anyone who idolizes that time and expresses a wish to go back to that kind of freedom. Because it's totally not nuts.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
And the glory years? Eh, 1870-1950-ish. At least that's how I imagine it (I wasn't there), the 60's and 70's weren't bad even if the writing was on the wall.

figured, libertarians always remember the glory years from the perspective of a white male

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)

none of them faced near the same discrimination, this is pretty ignorant of discrimination to non-whites.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
For the second time, where did I say they were the same? Or equal?

Because despite your small caveat (slavery was extreme) it seems like you are trying to legitimize the position of Duke.

Add in the constant whining from him about how everything is unfair (hes playing easy mode), it just seems like your suggesting that they were somewhat equivalent.

Its how your post comes off, like you are joining in the QQing of Duke.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
Well, for the record, I was not (and I think it's common sense that being a slave is worse than not being a slave). I was disagreeing with Balta's "because you're white" comment more than anything. Not all whites were equal either.

But there's barely a non-white-soul in this country who would pine for the period from 1870-1950.

Duke "Hey guys America used to not suck"

Guys "Buuuuuutttttttt RACSM"

Then Soxbadger drops into the thread with useless family anecdotes and lame clichéd "never againzzzz XD ;(" talk and you have successfully diverted the argument that before your evil, s*** spewing Lord & Savior Inc. Mr Government f***ing went apes*** this used to be at least a nice place to live for some people as opposed to now where its just f***ing awful for everyone. Nope, can't bring that up. Because racist.

So racist.

Anytime someone indicates that maybe if we didn't decide to let the government run our lives at the exact time the state consummated their marriage with the wealthy they might as well be Bruce Willis in Die Hard wearing that "I Hate n*****s" sign in Harlem. Keep using that though, it seems to successfully repulse any claim that your ideology is colossal failure.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
Oh, and I don't complain about how hard it is... I complain that it isn't hard enough.

Bulls***, you need the US govt and its protectionist laws or youd be making $1 an hour and living in squalor.

Lets talk real, lets make the US hard.

No minimum wage, were f***ing capitalists if Ill do a job for $1 and you want $9, why not?

No immigration restrictions. If I can hire a Vietnamese family to work for $1 a week and living in my garage, why not?

No drivers license, no cdl, nothing.

I would strive in that society, I would be rich.

But I know most people like you wouldnt. And to me, its not about how much money I have, its about trying to help others.

And so I didnt even bother addressing your opinion that it was better in the past, because thats an opinion and I dont really care what someone who cant admit the truth thinks. You dont really want a govt of no rules, you want a govt to protect you, make you feel nice and warm, make sure that you dont have to actually compete for a living.

Thats cool man, just accept it. Just be honest. There is no problem saying that "I need the govt to protect me but I also think that there should be less rules". Just own that you are no better than someone getting welfare until you fight against minimum wage and immigration restrictions. Both are the govt giving a hand out to people, both cost me money.

Just own it, youll be a much happier human.

And we live in the most acceptable time in US history, but I strive to make the future the best time in US history. And that is going to require people like you to stop looking to the govt for free stuff and start saying "They wont take my job".

Good luck, you really have some warped perspectives.