The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Ivana said that she felt very violated but didn't want people to interpret her comments as a criminal accusation. That's fair. It's also what I'd do if I didn't want to be in court against Donald Trump anymore.

Trump's lawyer's comment was incredibly callous and inaccurate and is getting so much play because he proceeded to threaten the reporter with Donald's resources.

That plus he was 100% factually incorrect on his legal assertion.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is so embarrassing that he is leading in two primaries. I just don't understand these people whose sole standard for the most important person in the world is they just attack and make jokes of liberals and media. Give me the person that just rates the president by their looks anyday.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
This is so embarrassing that he is leading in two primaries. I just don't understand these people whose sole standard for the most important person in the world is they just attack and make jokes of liberals and media. Give me the person that just rates the president by their looks anyday.

To give Republican voters a bit of credit...we saw a heckuva lot of bouncing around between leaders who repeatedly fell off with embarrassments piling up in their 2012 race. They wound up settling on probably the sanest candidate in their field.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)

It's the rightwing id unleashed. They finally have somebody unafraid to "tell it like it is." And it's not just liberals and media--he's attacking other Republicans just as harshly.

Presidential primaries are like New Years and St. Patrick's Day, amateur hour. It isn't Republicans putting Trump up there, it is the every four years amateur voter who responds to surveys that has him there. The folks that wander these forums are every year Republicans and I don't hear any of them really supporting the guy. The only GOP candidate that I match up with a couple key issues is Rick Perry. I'd be selecting him based on his vision for America and track record and a couple key issues. If I wasn't paying attention the past three years, I might be picking a candidates name from media reports and telling that to some survey worker.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
I think you have that backwards. It's generally the committed, vote-in-every-election base that drives the primaries.

Trump hasn't won any actual primaries. I think Tex is just referring to very early polling, where having a big name and making a splash results in big numbers among political illiterates.

Trump has a relatively small portion of the stated votes in the national polls. A huge portion of his popularity as a candidate (as measured by the polls) is simply that there are a lot of people that like him as a celebrity and he has by far the best name recognition in the field. You could also frame this whole thing as >80% of Republicans vote against Trump. Our friends on the right aren't insane and Trump won't win the primary. I'd of course be tickled if he ran as a third party candidate and grabbed some votes, though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
I think you have that backwards. It's generally the committed, vote-in-every-election base that drives the primaries.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
Trump hasn't won any actual primaries. I think Tex is just referring to very early polling, where having a big name and making a splash results in big numbers among political illiterates.

Thank you, I messed up by saying primaries. I also should have mentioned the people who only vote every four years. Again, not the most cued in.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)

He'll fade. People just like the fact he's not afraid to bust the P.C. police. It grows old when a public figure messes up (hulk hogan, lion killing dentist), meekly apologizes and fades away forevermore. It's refreshing when a Trump tells people to f*** off and get a life. He'll fade, though.

As far as looks, I believe they continue to be a huge reason a candidate wins. Obama, Bill Clinton, Carter, even the younger Bush were/are considered good looking men and they looked much better on TV than their opponents. You can never discount looks in a presidential race and how they appear on TV.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
He'll fade. People just like the fact he's not afraid to bust the P.C. police.

Trump isn't being criticized for being offensive; he's being criticized for being a clown who blurts out ignorant, idiotic nonsense to get attention.

Trying to stick any blame on "the PC police" is a cowardly deflection.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Trying to stick any blame on "the PC police" is a cowardly deflection.

Someone pointed out to me over twitter a few months ago that no one can remember the last time the phrase "Politically correct" was used in any way other than by a white person complaining about how they got in trouble for saying something ridiculous/racist/specifically hurtful to some group.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Someone pointed out to me over twitter a few months ago that no one can remember the last time the phrase "Politically correct" was used in any way other than by a white person complaining about how they got in trouble for saying something ridiculous/racist/specifically hurtful to some group.

Thing is, a guy like Hulk Hogan should pull a Trump and fight back. Rodman and George Foreman and some others were supporting him. I'd hold a news conference if I were Hulk and bring my African American friends and fight back! I'd say, "I said that s*** seven years ago and didn't f***ing mean it. Grow up, America. My buddies here will attest I am NOT a racist. I was drunk and said some stupid s***; my bad. At the same time, f*** You all. I am Hulk Hogan!" I mean they never fight back after making a mistake. Trump fought back as did Limbaugh. I think it's awesome they fight back. Trump won't win but he does tell people to go f*** themselves and that's cool.

Think of how he handled his statements about Mexican immigrants to USA. First of all he claims he was misquoted and doesn't think all Mexican people are bad. Then he gets irritated and basically tells his critics to go f*** themselves. That's impressive. Most people would cower and bow out of the race at that point. He rips Macy's for dumping him instead of begging Macy's forgiveness! That is AWESOME stuff.

I'm not totally sold on Trump's personality. He's admitted to being a "con artist" type in over-valuing his properties and lying to people, etc. He's probably a ruthless jerk to work for, etc. But at this time I think a lot of people like the fact he kicks ass rather than letting the media storm turn him into a cowering baby like Hulk Hogan. Fight back, Hulk.

p.s. I doubt I'd vote for Trump but I like what I've heard so far.

Edited by greg775

OK folks, read this latest bash of Hillary from Linda Tripp ... "four years of Bill; four years of Hill." It says she'd do anything to win. Hmmm

http://nypost.com/2015/07/28/linda-tripp-b...ads-on-hillary/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31...-President.html

Please read the Daily Mail story. It portrays Hillary as an unethical person who like I've said before wants her "coronation" as president because she is entitled to it. How can our counry elect this person?? Is our country that misguided??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 01:01 AM)
OK folks, read this latest bash of Hillary from Linda Tripp ... "four years of Bill; four years of Hill." It says she'd do anything to win. Hmmm

http://nypost.com/2015/07/28/linda-tripp-b...ads-on-hillary/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31...-President.html

Please read the Daily Mail story. It portrays Hillary as an unethical person who like I've said before wants her "coronation" as president because she is entitled to it. How can our counry elect this person?? Is our country that misguided??

1. Linda Tripp? Really I'm sure she has great insights into them.

2. I will absolutely f***ing not read the Daily Mail, they are a complete and utter fraud, they literally steal other people's work and pass it off as their own and anyone on Earth who links to them should be embarrassed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
1. Linda Tripp? Really I'm sure she has great insights into them.

2. I will absolutely f***ing not read the Daily Mail, they are a complete and utter fraud, they literally steal other people's work and pass it off as their own and anyone on Earth who links to them should be embarrassed.

Actually this time the Post rewrote the Mail story, in effect borrowing from them. Vice versa. This Hillary thing is getting scary. The country can't see her blind ambition to be coronated. And our country's voters have proven how dumb they can be. In Kansas they reelected Brownback despite him being in the news every day for his policies that have ruined a once great state. Yet during the s***storm they reelect Brownback in a landslide. Crazy country we live in. Please look into Hillary more before giving her her crown that she feels she's entitled to.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
Actually this time the Post rewrote the Mail story, in effect borrowing from them. Vice versa. This Hillary thing is getting scary. The country can't see her blind ambition to be coronated. And our country's voters have proven how dumb they can be. In Kansas they reelected Brownback despite him being in the news every day for his policies that have ruined a once great state. Yet during the s***storm they reelect Brownback in a landslide. Crazy country we live in. Please look into Hillary more before giving her her crown that she feels she's entitled to.

I know, how dare she have the nerve to run for President. Donald Trump's an honest man, he'd never do something that nakedly ambitious.

And for Hillary to put out policies and campaign too...the nerve.

Rick Perry, fwiw, had another major brain cramp/freeze when asked this week about his opinion about how guys like Boehner were doing in Congress...he was like a deer caught in headlights and wasn't even close to answering the question coherently.

He's one more strike away from being totally wiped out of contention.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
Ignoring Greg for a bit, Hillary released current medical records today, which is something I actually do care about for a person running for President at ~her age. Hyperthyroidism, seasonal allergies, couple things on the longer-term record but nothing serious, no heart issues, exercises, no evidence of cancer.

Anything about...CONCUSSIONS?!?!