• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
40 consecutive years of Democratic presidents? I guess if we have to...we have no choice right?

The way it's set up electoral wise, the Democrats pretty much are assured victory in the presidential election. It would take a massive fluke or something like the election where Gore got screwed out of the title.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 05:34 AM)
I can't really picture a scenario where a Republican wins anytime soon. They are a rotten mess as if you look at the debates it's worse than high school.

Amen. Hillary's Veep pick will be loving life. Michelle?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 01:54 AM)
The way it's set up electoral wise, the Democrats pretty much are assured victory in the presidential election. It would take a massive fluke or something like the election where Gore got screwed out of the title.

Or the Republicans could adapt their policies to reach out to some group other than white males...

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
I can't really picture a scenario where a Republican wins anytime soon. They are a rotten mess as if you look at the debates it's worse than high school.

Don't some of the national polls show that the republicans would win (in a hypothetical vote vs. Madam Clinton)? Also, the senate and house have a republican majority and the republicans cleaned up during the last mid-year election. I realize you might have the opinion that the repubs are disorganized and horrible (and you disagree with their policy / approach) but the recent voting track record might disagree with that.

Bottom line, I expect this to be an extremely close election and any prediction that the other party has no chance is just crazy talk at this point. If Trump (who I hate more then any candidate) is able to get this much attention (along with other outsiders like Carson & Carly) and traction, it should tell everyone (Repub / Dem) about how sick and f***ing tired we are about what is going on in Washington.

While I think a permanent Democratic president is a bit premature, individual races like the Senate or especially the House don't necessarily give a great indicator of national races. Republicans have a solid lock on the House for a couple of reasons, mainly that they controlled the redistricting last done in 2010 and that Democratic voters tend to cluster together more naturally (urban vs rural). Senate is similar in that conservative states with population less than a decent sized city in most other states still get two seats each. Mid year elections are also always much better for Republicans, at least in recent history.

I see Hillary sucked up to Obama today. She expressed shock/anger at Donnie for not reprimanding a questioner at a rally.

The media decided Trump should have reprimanded a questioner for saying Obama is Muslim. Hey media, why not blast the questioner in the Trump shirt who was obviously a plant? It's not Trump's job to chide some moron for a dumb question.

Trump survived it though. I just got done reading Kansas' student newspaper at lunch BTW. Hilarious how students today are so PC. Every article in there was PC-ish, about not offending ugly people, fat people, gay and lesbians, etc. My cousin is a high school teacher in Chicago western suburb and he said after his first quiz grades came out he was flooded with students crying and parents calling him concerning his stringent grades. Everybody deserves an A, baby!!! Kudos to my cousin for dishing out the Ds and Fs where deserved. Kudos to Trump for being non PC.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
I see Hillary sucked up to Obama today. She expressed shock/anger at Donnie for not reprimanding a questioner at a rally.

The media decided Trump should have reprimanded a questioner for saying Obama is Muslim. Hey media, why not blast the questioner in the Trump shirt who was obviously a plant? It's not Trump's job to chide some moron for a dumb question.

Trump survived it though. I just got done reading Kansas' student newspaper at lunch BTW. Hilarious how students today are so PC. Every article in there was PC-ish, about not offending ugly people, fat people, gay and lesbians, etc. My cousin is a high school teacher in Chicago and he said after his first quiz grades came out he was flooded with students crying and parents calling him at his stringent grades. Everybody deserves an A, baby!!! Kudos to my cousin for dishing out the Ds and Fs where deserved. Kudos to Trump for being non PC.

Frankly, yes, if a person suggests "we should round up muslims and deport them", you should say "no that's stupid" not "we'll look into it.".

And there's a huge difference between "everyone deserves and easy A" and "you can be smart enough not to insult people with every statement you make".

Fwiw, McCain in the same situation defended Obama politely and courteously.

One almost has to wonder if the N-word was invoked whether Trump would have corrected or just let it stand.

Obviously being non-American and a Muslim is tolerated. He demands respect but doesn't have any for the very office he seeks to gain...and has still made zero improvement on his knowledge of foreign affairs. Scary.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
Fwiw, McCain in the same situation defended Obama politely and courteously.

One almost has to wonder if the N-word was invoked whether Trump would have corrected or just let it stand.

Obviously being non-American and a Muslim is tolerated. He demands respect but doesn't have any for the very office he seeks to gain...and has still made zero improvement on his knowledge of foreign affairs. Scary.

:o

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
Don't some of the national polls show that the republicans would win (in a hypothetical vote vs. Madam Clinton)? Also, the senate and house have a republican majority and the republicans cleaned up during the last mid-year election. I realize you might have the opinion that the repubs are disorganized and horrible (and you disagree with their policy / approach) but the recent voting track record might disagree with that.

Bottom line, I expect this to be an extremely close election and any prediction that the other party has no chance is just crazy talk at this point. If Trump (who I hate more then any candidate) is able to get this much attention (along with other outsiders like Carson & Carly) and traction, it should tell everyone (Repub / Dem) about how sick and f***ing tired we are about what is going on in Washington.

Have you heard of gerrymandering?

If anything people tend to vote to give checks and balances. The last time republicans had a majority in the house and senate and presidency... well I don't really need to say more than that.

You can bring up Obama and his majority in the both the house and senate in his first term but he just had a year and change of that due to the 2010 elections.

Back to your original point about the presidential election. You really have to be blind not to see how this country views a lot these social issues. People are becoming more progressive; that is accepting of gays, not wanting to get involved with a woman's body, and not wanting f***ing religion stuffed down their throats.

You watch the debates and these clowns don't have a single idea that could work. It's just defund PP, Obama sucks, the Iran deal is terrible, repeal Obamacare.

Trump atleast says, I'll build a wall. That's about the extent of their ideas. They are a bloody mess and they don't have any ideas that are good for the country. People are waking up to that notion real fast. Now that is not to say they can't regroup but their outdated views have been regurgitated ad nauseum.

Clinton does suck but I don't think she will be the nominee.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)
Have you heard of gerrymandering?

If anything people tend to vote to give checks and balances. The last time republicans had a majority in the house and senate and presidency... well I don't really need to say more than that.

You can bring up Obama and his majority in the both the house and senate in his first term but he just had a year and change of that due to the 2010 elections.

Back to your original point about the presidential election. You really have to be blind not to see how this country views a lot these social issues. People are becoming more progressive; that is accepting of gays, not wanting to get involved with a woman's body, and not wanting f***ing religion stuffed down their throats.

You watch the debates and these clowns don't have a single idea that could work. It's just defund PP, Obama sucks, the Iran deal is terrible, repeal Obamacare.

Trump atleast says, I'll build a wall. That's about the extent of their ideas. They are a bloody mess and they don't have any ideas that are good for the country. People are waking up to that notion real fast. Now that is not to say they can't regroup but their outdated views have been regurgitated ad nauseum.

Clinton does suck but I don't think she will be the nominee.

I think you are right about the Republican candidates. They are lousy choices. That's why I think the calm, boring Bush will ultimately prevail. He'll lose to Hillary, but not as badly as Trump would. Trump is going to ultimately scare people and will lose in an historic landslide proportions if he gets the nomination. If he somehow outlasts Bush, which he won't, I just hope his opponent is somebody besides Hillary. It sets a bad precedent "letting" somebody take her turn as President.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)
I think you are right about the Republican candidates. They are lousy choices. That's why I think the calm, boring Bush will ultimately prevail. He'll lose to Hillary, but not as badly as Trump would. Trump is going to ultimately scare people and will lose in an historic landslide proportions if he gets the nomination. If he somehow outlasts Bush, which he won't, I just hope his opponent is somebody besides Hillary. It sets a bad precedent "letting" somebody take her turn as President.

If it comes down to those 2, it has nothing to do with "calm, boring". It has to do with the fact that both of them are sitting on several hundred million dollars in campaign funds given to them by the richest people in the country to buy their actions and they haven't even started to unleash those reservoirs yet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)

You seem to be so sure about Hillary beating everybody, and odds are against her even winning her own primary at this point. And Trump isn't going to lose by "landslides" if he indeed gets into the general election.

He's going to get a LOT of votes from a LOT of people, why you think otherwise is beyond me. You're just guessing/hoping, and none of your thoughts are grounded in logic.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
I know he has me hooked with the 18 trillion in new spending.

$15 mil to Medicare to cover all Americans which you should like since you are complaining about your premium hike in the other thread.

The WSJ armed people with a powerful advertising weapon by publishing that, that is for sure. I wonder if Hillary would actually do that, though, since she doesn't want to turn people off to the entire idea of spending.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
You seem to be so sure about Hillary beating everybody, and odds are against her even winning her own primary at this point. And Trump isn't going to lose by "landslides" if he indeed gets into the general election.

He's going to get a LOT of votes from a LOT of people, why you think otherwise is beyond me. You're just guessing/hoping, and none of your thoughts are grounded in logic.

I hope you are right about Hillary being given a real challenge. I haven't seen any polls where Bernie has a shot to overtake her BTW. I think it's all a smokesscreen like when Obama would be falling in the polls. If Obama could run again, he'd win in a landslide. Hillary is in the same party, so that's my reasoning behind her easy victory. Plus the entitlement thing. It's her participation trophy.