The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
I definitely fall in the camp that, at best, Clinton was industrial-grade stupid to get into that email mess. At worst, it was a way to more easily hide stuff.

It wasn't stupid. It was a calculated attempt to hide correspondence from the American public. Clinton may be a lot of things, but she isn't stupid. She didn't want stuff getting used against her that was in the public domain.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
It wasn't stupid. It was a calculated attempt to hide correspondence from the American public. Clinton may be a lot of things, but she isn't stupid. She didn't want stuff getting used against her that was in the public domain.

Nixon-esque.

And people do care btw. Her polling of Democratic women over the last few months have dropped by like 30%. It's an issue to average voters, and more importantly Democratic voters. That's what it's dumb that these candidates aren't using it as ammo.

I remember when Republicans were equally upset with many in the Bush administration using RNC servers and deleting most of the records specifically to get around public records requirements.

eta assuming that her drop in the polls is due exclusively or even mainly to the dumb email thing is a little dubious.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
I remember when Republicans were equally upset with many in the Bush administration using RNC servers and deleting most of the records specifically to get around public records requirements.

I am usually loathe to pull out this line, but here it fits - both sides do it. Politicians from both sides will do this sort of thing if they can get away with it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)

eta assuming that her drop in the polls is due exclusively or even mainly to the dumb email thing is a little dubious.

Were those individuals high ranking officials like Sec of State? Were they submitting themselves to be considered for President?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_...ail_controversy

There is also no actual evidence at this point of Clinton doing this deliberately to avoid public disclosure laws or anything like that.

Oh come on. I am not going to say that IS what happened, but let's be honest - that is the most logical explanation. I mean, this very intelligent person decided to conduct extremely high level State Department business via a Yahoo email address on a private server. And some emails were "lost". Really?

I suppose there is a small chance she was just dumb - but much more likely, she did it knowing it was wrong, which is pretty bad. And frankly, either way, it makes her look incompetent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)

Exactly.

People, if you like Hilly fine, but she is by all accounts a very mean person, very elitist person who wants the election because it's her turn. The Saturday Night Live impression of her is very accurate.

"Let me lead!"

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_...ail_controversy

There is also no actual evidence at this point of Clinton doing this deliberately to avoid public disclosure laws or anything like that.

She did it because she's a power-hungry, above-the-law career politician who didn't want to be open and transparent about her work for fear of what the public might find out. I'm positive this happens on both sides, but that doesn't excuse what she did. It shows she has extremely poor judgment and frankly isn't very trustful as a public figure.

Bernie just comes across like a regular joe schmo. I think that will start to resonate with people more as the election goes on.

The guy should be our next president and if congress pull their shenanigans, I hope the people for once in their goddamn lives do something positive (i.e. booting the sorry asshats from office) for the sake of our country.

This isn't about free s*** being given out, it's about the US being allegedly once of the greatest countries on the planet. People shouldn't be in poverty when this place has more money than god.

When I was younger, my dad asked me what I would expect from politicians. I replied, "A good job, clean water, and a stable roof over my head." That is not too much to ask for. Noone is b****ing about rich f***ers having yachts or big houses, they just want to be able to live comfortably and enjoy their f***ing lives.

Am I f***ing crazy here?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
Bernie just comes across like a regular joe schmo. I think that will start to resonate with people more as the election goes on.

The guy should be our next president and if congress pull their shenanigans, I hope the people for once in their goddamn lives do something positive (i.e. booting the sorry asshats from office) for the sake of our country.

This isn't about free s*** being given out, it's about the US being allegedly once of the greatest countries on the planet. People shouldn't be in poverty when this place has more money than god.

When I was younger, my dad asked me what I would expect from politicians. I replied, "A good job, clean water, and a stable roof over my head." That is not too much to ask for. Noone is b****ing about rich f***ers having yachts or big houses, they just want to be able to live comfortably and enjoy their f***ing lives.

Am I f***ing crazy here?

The problem is how you define these terms.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
The problem is how you define these terms.

Fair enough, this is subjective. For me it's just about people being able to go to the doctors when they are sick and not being bankrupted by it. Want to go to college? It should not cause you to be in debt for over half of your life for it. If you work full time, you shouldn't have to be on government assistance.

These are very basic. I think with good paying jobs, the crime rate will subside.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Exactly.

People, if you like Hilly fine, but she is by all accounts a very mean person, very elitist person who wants the election because it's her turn. The Saturday Night Live impression of her is very accurate.

"Let me lead!"

You call her out for this yet you support Trump? Talk about being a hypocrite.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)

Am I f***ing crazy here?

No. You are not. I was reading today that college grads from 22 to 29 are having the hardest time finding jobs as well as people over 50. The American dream is dead. See, the youngsters can't get on with their lives (NO JOBS). The oldsters can't cap their careers, instead they get laid off and their nesteggs evaporate (NO JOBS). Criminal!!! Give me Bernie or Trump to fix this! Or try to fix this.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
So, does CNN get paid by Clinton? Holy crapola, their home page has been a love fest for her all day long. I mean, she did well, but I honestly think O'Malley and maybe Sanders did more positive for themselves than she did.

It's all part of the plan. The media comes through for the Obamas and Hillarys of the world when they need to: saying who won debates and the days right before election day. They will be "critical" at times when it doesn't matter, like with 2 years to go in the regimes. But when it's time to come through for the Democrats, oh boy, the liberal media will come through for you!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
So, does CNN get paid by Clinton? Holy crapola, their home page has been a love fest for her all day long. I mean, she did well, but I honestly think O'Malley and maybe Sanders did more positive for themselves than she did.

Sanders and O'Malley both did help their campaigns but with the lead Hillary has as long as she doesn't go out and lay an egg she's done well. I don't agree with the notion of many news outlets that she easily won the debate. I personally think Sanders did.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
Sanders and O'Malley both did help their campaigns but with the lead Hillary has as long as she doesn't go out and lay an egg she's done well. I don't agree with the notion of many news outlets that she easily won the debate. I personally think Sanders did.

It's insane. Of course Hillary won (to the liberal Democrats dying to get her coronated for 8 years). Now anybody with a brain will tell you she was a.) dull. b.) said nothing. c.) come across as elitist. Bernie baby won the fricking debate! LOL at the homers in the media dying to put a crown on Hilly's head like that lapdog Chris Matthews.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
No. You are not. I was reading today that college grads from 22 to 29 are having the hardest time finding jobs as well as people over 50. The American dream is dead. See, the youngsters can't get on with their lives (NO JOBS). The oldsters can't cap their careers, instead they get laid off and their nesteggs evaporate (NO JOBS). Criminal!!! Give me Bernie or Trump to fix this! Or try to fix this.

It's all part of the plan. The media comes through for the Obamas and Hillarys of the world when they need to: saying who won debates and the days right before election day. They will be "critical" at times when it doesn't matter, like with 2 years to go in the regimes. But when it's time to come through for the Democrats, oh boy, the liberal media will come through for you!

The big reason for this is that they are not finding the jobs that they WANT. There are plenty of jobs out there. The problem is that when kids are in high school everybody says you need to go to college. How many jobs do these young people think are out there for somebody with a political science degree or an art degree? If you graduate college in a strong field the jobs are there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
It's insane. Of course Hillary won (to the liberal Democrats dying to get her coronated for 8 years). Now anybody with a brain will tell you she was a.) dull. b.) said nothing. c.) come across as elitist. Bernie baby won the fricking debate! LOL at the homers in the media dying to put a crown on Hilly's head like that lapdog Chris Matthews.

liberal Democrats are more likely to support Sanders than Clinton.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
The big reason for this is that they are not finding the jobs that they WANT. There are plenty of jobs out there. The problem is that when kids are in high school everybody says you need to go to college. How many jobs do these young people think are out there for somebody with a political science degree or an art degree? If you graduate college in a strong field the jobs are there.

It's not just the field, it is doing more then graduating...you need to graduate with strong grades and be involved.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
liberal Democrats are more likely to support Sanders than Clinton.

I probably worded that wrong. You can't deny an huge majority of Democrats want to "coronate" Hillary cause she's put in her time during her lifetime and "deserves" the honor. Problem is ... didn't equally brazen Bob Dole "deserve" the honor? He didn't get a sniff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)

um, this was a Democrat debate.